Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Exonomy extra compared to Alize and WT+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)

Can anyone tell me how Air France Alize class and BA’s World Traveller plus compare to economy extra on SK? I am especially interested in the seats for Alize. Could not find exactly what I was looking for in the Flying Blue forum.

Thinking seriously about dropping SK now due to the point earnings (bye bye to at least 200 000 NOK/year for SK). If a Skyteam or One World carrier would have done a status match I would have done it right away. I will anyway keep star silver though M&M and Petroleum club, and have access to Lufthansa business lounges.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Alizé is only available to a limited number of destinations (mostly Caribbean and Indian Ocean ”DOM-TOM” destinations). But there seems to be a plan to introduce a ”Premium Tempo” service next year that may cover more destinations. But I bet there’s better information about this available at the FB forum.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Chriscross
Can anyone tell me how Air France Alize class and BA’s World Traveller plus compare to economy extra on SK? I am especially interested in the seats for Alize. Could not find exactly what I was looking for in the Flying Blue forum.

Thinking seriously about dropping SK now due to the point earnings (bye bye to at least 200 000 NOK/year for SK). If a Skyteam or One World carrier would have done a status match I would have done it right away. I will anyway keep star silver though M&M and Petroleum club, and have access to Lufthansa business lounges.
At least CO will match status
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Skyteam stuff

Alize is a very strange product, and, as has been said above, is only available in a small number of routes. We'll have to wait and see when/if they introduce a premium eco product throughout the network.
However, Skyteam does tend to offer Europe-based flyers a lot of keenly-priced longhaul business class options such as SU (very good), AZ (not so good), UX (only a few destinations), OK (even fewer destinations!), and sometimes KL. So, unless you have to go by a corporate policy that's set in stone, stipulates Y+, and doesn't take into account the actual ticket costs, you should be able to fly in J most of the time...
Old Nov 13, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
I haven't flown BA WT+ yet (first such flight in Dec), but from what I've gathered, Eco Extra on SK is a bit better.
A lot, if not most, US airlines do status match. With AA you could do a Platinum challenge.

I also (mostly) dropped SK due to point accumulation and price. I'll be getting status - for the first time ever - with BA at the end of the month
Old Nov 13, 2008, 9:26 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Echo J
I haven't flown BA WT+ yet (first such flight in Dec), but from what I've gathered, Eco Extra on SK is a bit better.
I liked WT+ quite much actually, the seat is comfortable in my opinion (more than Eco Extra) and seat has quite much different settings to make you even more comfortable. Service was really attentive and nice. AVOD is a huge plus for me who doesn't spend flight sleeping.

The only negative thing is that the electricity (which is installed to every seat) requires EmPower adapter.

I personally would rate WT+ higher than Economy Extra.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: SK*Gold (EBD)
Originally Posted by miikka
I liked WT+ quite much actually, the seat is comfortable in my opinion (more than Eco Extra) and seat has quite much different settings to make you even more comfortable. Service was really attentive and nice. AVOD is a huge plus for me who doesn't spend flight sleeping.

The only negative thing is that the electricity (which is installed to every seat) requires EmPower adapter.

I personally would rate WT+ higher than Economy Extra.
Dito. For a tall person the WT+ seat works much better. I actually believe it is slightly higher than the Sk equivalent. Above all the leg support actually gives some support compared to the SK seat. Admittedly, I have done more trips in WT+ than SK Economy Extra but another plus so far is that the BA service is more consistent than that of SK. SK cabin crew can be rather grumpy which is a big minus.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by ScandinavianUK
SK cabin crew can be rather grumpy which is a big minus.
Maybe that will change now when all airlines are facing economically challenging times. At least I hope so.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
At least CO will match status
Interesting, but I guess they only match up their gold status (that don't give Skyteam Elite plus)?

Too bad Alize is only available on "leisure" routes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.