Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Trading with SAS shares halted on rumours that LH is buying it.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:53 am
Original Poster

"09/12/2008 13:41

Equities: Trading halt in SAS AB (198/08)

The Exchange has decided to halt the trading in SAS ABīs shares (ISIN code, SE0000805574 and Order book ID, 13557) until further notice. Information is expected later.

The Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority has been notified and in accordance with Chapter 22, section 2 of the Securities Markets Act (2007:528) decided that this trading halt shall remain until further notice"
Old Sep 12, 2008, 5:56 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
"09/12/2008 13:41

Equities: Trading halt in SAS AB (198/08)

The Exchange has decided to halt the trading in SAS ABīs shares (ISIN code, SE0000805574 and Order book ID, 13557) until further notice. Information is expected later.

The Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority has been notified and in accordance with Chapter 22, section 2 of the Securities Markets Act (2007:528) decided that this trading halt shall remain until further notice"
sorry only in danish

http://borsen.dk/transport/nyhed/140235/

http://borsen.dk/finans/nyhed/140243/
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
Bye-Bye Eurobonus and welcome Miles&More:

According to Finnish economics newspaper Kauppalehti SAS and Lufthansa shall build a strong union together and join their marketing, sales and frequent flyer program and airport services.

"Yhtiöt yhdistävät markkinointinsa, myyntinsä, kanta-asiakasohjelmansa sekä lentokentillä tapahtuvat palvelut. "

Last edited by Q400; Sep 12, 2008 at 7:29 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:28 am
Original Poster

oh no. I donīt want to start paying fuel surcharges for award tix.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:37 am
esv

Is there any other source that confirms this? According to Swedish media SAS will comment on the rumours later this afternoon.

Edit: found this vague half-confirmation on sasgroup.net

Regarding today's speculations in the media SAS confirms that it is in the process of evaluating various structural possibilities for the Group. Within this process SAS is conducting talks about a possible structural solution.

It must be emphasized that no decision has been taken.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 8:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Being discussed in the BD forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766552
Old Sep 12, 2008, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by esv
Is there any other source that confirms this? According to Swedish media SAS will comment on the rumours later this afternoon.

Edit: found this vague half-confirmation on sasgroup.net
Yes on Scandinavian.net now:

Statement regarding speculations on the future structure of the SAS Group

Regarding today's speculations in the media SAS confirms that it is in the process of evaluating various structural possibilities for the Group. Within this process SAS is conducting talks about a possible structural solution.

It must be emphasized that no decision has been taken. For further information, please contact
Sture Stölen , Head of SAS Group Investor Relations +46 8 797 1451 SAS Group Investor Relations

Wow.. personally I think this is a good thing - for too long things have been going down hill. Hope this will keep a good SAS flying - like the improvement seen in Swiss after their merger....
Old Sep 12, 2008, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
LH does not have a magic wand to fix SK!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
oh no. I donīt want to start paying fuel surcharges for award tix.
Same here. Note to self: time to start planning some future holidays.

What kind of warning will they give us? Half a year to spend your points under the old rules?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
OTOH LH FTL (*S eqv) includes lounge access in LH lounges...
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:15 am

Well, probably not a bad thing looking at how the group is doing. Hopefully they will lower Senator threshold for Norway
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by view
Well, probably not a bad thing looking at how the group is doing. Hopefully they will lower Senator threshold for Norway
Don't get your hopes too high. For all other countries (except DE) it is 100K points to get SENATOR/GOLD status and I doubt LH will make any exceptions to that rule. Why should they? The threshold of 100K for SEN will significantly reduce the numbers of *G in Scandinavia. Norwegians will get a shock!

I welcome a merger of EB and M&M. I look forward to my accounts being merged =lots of points in one account There are many good things about M&M, in particular if you are SEN (e.g. waitlisting for I and O class, 50% reduction for SEN Comp. awards, no expiry of miles comes to mind) but certainly the 100K threshold for SEN and lots of taxes, fees etc on awards are the major drawbacks.

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 12, 2008 at 11:49 am Reason: one more advantage added
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
If this does eventuate, this will mean of course that LH own's 50% - 1 share of BD. It also means that LH will own 100% of JK.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by tsastor
OTOH LH FTL (*S eqv) includes lounge access in LH lounges...
LH Biz lounges only...still not too bad these days!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
LH Biz lounges only...still not too bad these days!
Not only LH, but all M&M's airline's biz lounges, plus most of the times contract lounges at outstations when flying LX or OS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.