Wiki Posts
Search

Gate/check-in upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2002, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
Gate/check-in upgrades

I have read a number of posts the last year about SAS offering upgrades for points, which are deducted directly from your account. Is this a regular thing now, or should I order "certificates"? I'm doing CPH-EWR r/t and hopefully CPH-SIN r/t.
Old Dec 28, 2002, 4:35 am

It is a service they do at some airports if there is time enough and if there is staff that is familiar with that working just that moment.

So to be sure you should order certificates.
Old Dec 28, 2002, 4:41 am

I would recommend you to order upgrade certificate in advance(they are valid 1 year).
Old Dec 30, 2002, 12:33 am

Are upgrade certificates transferable to another person?
Old Dec 30, 2002, 3:04 am

No they can only be used by the member or a person travelling together with you e.g you and a friend at the same time and you both use vouchers.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
Lounge staff at both CPH and EWR had no problem to handle upgrades using points directly deducted from the EB account.

/Johan (currently sitting in the lounge at EWR)
Old Nov 26, 2003, 9:38 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sherman:
Are upgrade certificates transferable to another person?</font>
I'm just checking to see if this policy has been resolved at all. I've done some reading on the SK Web site and think that it's still the case, but just in case I'm misreading:

There's no way for a Eurobonus member to have a certificate issued in the name of a different person and therefore transfered to that person, correct?

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2003, 9:58 pm

Programs: too many to list
My recent (and not so recent) experiences... since I am too lazy to write a proper trip report:

The GA in CPH had no problem using the points from my account at the gate in CPH two weeks ago. She even didn't bother calling Eurobonus to see if I have points. Was only able to get Economy Extra though, since C was overbooked. I was the first in line one hour before departure, so I was able to get the last free aisle seat in Economy Extra.

In SIN, I asked for the upgrade in (early) checkin, and then at the gate the machine they use to read the BP notified the GA of the seat change. They came after me a bit later to get my signature on the form. Again, only Economy Extra, since C was full from BKK.

Last June in ORD they upgraded me to C right at checkin, again with points from my account. Since these are all the flights I have had in the A330/A340, I have yet to try the normal economy on those planes...

Based on your itineraries, I don't think you have too much problems upgrading with points from the account - if they have space, of course. I think that the certs are just an unnecessary complication - especially since you don't know, if you are getting any kind of upgrade at the gate. There was this older gentleman at the gate in CPH with lots of certs trying to upgrade himself and two other people, but if there is no space, the certs don't help you too much... and you can't get the points back to your account.

[This message has been edited by ramo (edited Nov 26, 2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.