Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on MD 80/90 in Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM

I am going to be flying two legs on MD 80/90 next week and it's been a while that I have flown in economy. One flight is relatively long (ARN-LHR).

Do the marked exit rows on the seatmap actually have extra legroom?
Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:20 pm
Point_Chaser

It will depend very much on which MD it is...
On the MD90's (which they often use for LHR flights), 22A and F are exit row seats with no seat in front, so you will have very good pitch , whilst the other seats have pretty much normal pitch.
On the MD81/82's there should be some more pitch on the exit rows, but it's probably just an inch or two, and make sure that you get the second exit row (21) as the first will not have a reclinable seat...

Enjoy your flight!

Old Aug 22, 2003, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I also imagine that the 31/33 AB bulkhead is similar to the one that you have in C?

I looked at the seatmaps. One had no seats selected in economy on Aug 28! (Except the front couple of rows; probably in case the curtain moves. I see the same in the back of C.) The other had 2 seats including one in row 21 on the MD 81/82.

I flew a MD-87 to LHR in July. This version is shorter and has no lav in C class.

Are only *Golds allowed to pre-select seats?
Old Aug 22, 2003, 4:39 pm

You can select your seat also when you check in online at www.scandinavian.net Its possible to check in 22hours prior to your flight.

Have a nice flight and dont forget to check out the big lounge at LHR.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:
You can select your seat also when you check in online at www.scandinavian.net Its possible to check in 22hours prior to your flight.

Have a nice flight and dont forget to check out the big lounge at LHR.
</font>
Thanks. I have been there several times already, although I still prefer the SQ lounge mainly because it's so quiet.

I went to the UA lounge at LHR earlier today and they have what likes new furniture! Maybe they have noticed that their pax are going to the new London lounge, which leads to fees being charged to UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.