Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

ARN transfer SK to BA - 55 minutes too short?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2003, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Hi, I'm considering traveling on two separate tickets: LLA-ARN on SK (domestic), and ARN-LHR on BA. The time between flights is 55 minutes (11:20 - 12:15), on Saturday (November 1).

Two questions:

1) Assuming the SK flight is on time, is 55 minutes enough to walk from SK to BA desk, check-in, go through passport control and get to the BA gate? I'll have no checked luggage. Do I need to go out of the security area?

2) This will be on November 1. How likely that the SK flight is delayed? Are weather delays common in these parts of the world, in that time of year?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2003, 3:38 am

You will arrive at the domestic terminal 4 and departure from terminal 2. Yes you need to leave the security area and walk between those two terminals.

I havent been to terminal 2 in ages so I am not sure how long that takes. I am sure another FTer could help you there.

I am not sure about the MCT at ARN between terminal 4 and terminal 2 but I hope someone else could answer to that one.

Weather delays could happen in early November. LLA is pretty far north and you never know when the first snow will arrive.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:31 am

Programs: UA *G MM
http://www.lfv.se/site/airports/arla...minalguide.pdf

tells you that it's a 6 min walk and comparing the time for term 4 to 5 tells me that it's a very leisurely stroll. So the answer is that you can be there in < 5 min after stepping off your domestic flight.

I would ask the BA forum about what awaits you over there since SK fliers like myself never ever venture over to terminal 2.

But I would guess that you would have no problem if the domestic is on time. If your BA ticket is non-ref and no "flat-tire rule" then it's a risky proposition. The deadline for SK is officially 30/40 min C/Y class.

I noticed that Nordic Airlink (never heard of them before) is expanding traffic to LLA but it won't help you from a timetable perspective.

http://www.lfv.se/site/airports/arla...8-01&stopDate=

http://www.nordicairlink.se/

Site is only in Swedish.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 6:40 am

Nordic Airlink has been flying to LLA for a few years now(With just one departure a day, now it will be 3 while SK has 9). Its their ONLY destination in Sweden. A couple of years ago(around christmas time) Malmö Aviation cancelled all flights to LLA. I wonder if they ever will be back. They are back at UME however.

[This message has been edited by kempis (edited 08-17-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.