Irregular Availability Records

Old Aug 12, 03, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK *S
Irregular Availability Records

Im booked on SK943 CPH-ORD on 28.August, and Ive been watching this flight constantly to see how full it is, to predict a bump or not. With galileo, it returned M0 H0 Q0 V0 until yesterday. where it returned M9 H9 Q9 V1. And today it is M9 H9 Q9 V0.

Using the Etour Data, the availability remained M9 H0 Q0 V0 W0 K0 G0 .

I checked all of this using www.seatmap.com

What would cause the difference between galileo and etour? What would cause the increase in a fare bucket (cancelling reservations is the obvious answer). Is it possible the SAS traffic controllers are opening up more seats into the V and Q bucket? Using checkmytrip, the flight looks pretty full. There are about only 10 unreserved seats. I know the seats dont always show exactly how many tickets have been sold, but it is a pretty good indicator in my experience. Any insight and thoughts into this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 03, 5:44 am
Point_Chaser

The most reliable data will always be found in an Amadeus engine as this is the system SAS uses and contains live information.
The availability information in other booking engines is not live (however when you try to make a booking it checks it against live data of course).
Some online TA's are having difficulties at the moment because of this, as their booking engine shows availability even though there isn't any... It's apparently a new change from SAS...

So as far as I know (somebody can hopefully confirm or correct me) the ITN tools are Amadeus connected and should show live data. I thought that Etour was as well, but it could be that it is Galileo. In my experience it is much more reliable than the German Aeroplan Galileo though.

Search this Thread