Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Air travellers get wireless access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2001, 8:01 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Swedish airline SAS is to provide passengers with wireless networking - but to begin with only in its lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3.

In a move that could herald rapid growth in wireless laptop communication for business travellers in Europe, Swedish airline SAS is to offer wireless network links for customers in its Heathrow Terminal 3 lounge.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2091377,00.html
Old Jul 17, 2001, 9:13 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Swedish airline SAS</font>
So as not to offend 2 other sovereign countries, it should be noted that SAS is a rare example of a multi-national airline. It is actually the airline of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. It is 50% owned by the governments of those countries in the ratio 3:2:2 respectively. The other 50% is publicly owned.

It's a wonder it can operate at all!

Old Jul 18, 2001, 1:44 am

Not so fast, doc!

I subscribe to AT&T's World Connect program. I have purchased a Motorola Timeport T-250 World phone in Italy. (it does everything!)

However, it appears that British Telecom, the in-bed alliance of AT&T, have created a nightmare for me!

Whilst, me, an American, with a European GSM phone, travels through LHR very freguently. They (AT&T) have let me down. I cannot receive incoming calls...much less an SMS! I have full priority on my mobile phone from AT&T, and never was I NOT able to receive incoming calls, until I was at LHR. In Italy, Sweden and Norway...not a problem...so, I believe it's a London/BT/AT&T problem. AT&T will not respond to my questions.

Thank God, my contract with AT&T is up in October!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.