Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS interiors....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2000, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
SAS interiors....

Flew ZRH-CPH....

read about there new interiors in the inflight mag....looked around and though..."wow, about time"

got on CPH-VNO (Vilnius)....felt like i had entered the 3rd world. never been in such a trashed aircraft.

i sure hope the 1st one i was in wasn't an expample of the 'new' interiors!!!

dorian

------------------
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Oct 1, 2000, 4:21 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
I definetely agree.
Did OSL-LHR last week in MD 90, paint was flaking off the chairs, the headrests weren't functioning properly, seatbacks slipped etc. Redecorating time is long overdue..
Old Oct 2, 2000, 2:07 am

Well, my latest experiences with SAS have been quite nice - I flew RIX-ARN-WAW-CPH-RIX 2 weeks ago (Business Class). Of course, the routing seems quite stupid if you look at the map, but SAS is the only realistic option in Riga. Anyway - the aircraft were nice and the service was pretty much OK.

There are 2 things that I would like to see - 1. more legroom (at least in Business Class),
2. less crowded lounges in ARN and CPH.

Dorian's point about entering the 3rd world applied some time ago to RIX as well (when flying SAS from Scandinavia). Well, currently SAS does not even bother flying to Riga (all the RIX-CPH flights are codeshare with AirBaltic), the only SAS aircraft that flies to Riga these days is ARN-RIX.

Old Oct 2, 2000, 4:29 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
All the 737s have the new interiors of course as does quite a bit of the older fleet. I've been on some MD80s that were just like new and others... well... they were more in line with the experiences above.

The new interiors have a different seat fabric, different carpets, bright red curtains and beige bulkheads. It looks OK in my opinion but a bit cheap.

The new exteriors on the other hand look great. I didn't much like them at first, but it's a style that grows on you and now when I look at CPH or ARN and see that more than half the planes have the new exteriors, it makes the old ones look so old fashioned. Those bright red engines! A very smart, modern design that's a bit fun as well. Each plane has an amusing poem painted beside the main door by the way.

Don't hold your breath waiting for more leg room in business class. More width is what you'll get (on 737s) which is the same as every other European airline I know (BA,LH,KL,AF,AY ...).
Old Oct 2, 2000, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Did my reverse trip today. Same plane both segments. Redone MD-80....nice enuf.

The legroom in Y was great...can't remember that much space before on intraeurope flights in Y.

Dorian

------------------
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.