Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Fare class 'E' is full fare economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 1:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class

I'm flying ORD-CPH on May 2th and seatcounter shows all sold out in economy except for fare class 'E'.
Is fare class 'E' full fare economy?
Or is it the economy award class? (I don't think it is)

flysas.com shows the flight as sold out in economy, so I wonder what cabin you end up in if you get an 'E' class ticket?

Y+ shows 11 unoccupied seats in the SAS reservation system and seatcounter reports 9(+) seats available.
If they're fully booked in economy, would it still make sense to try to sell all Y+ seats and risk having to do double op-ups?
C still shows plenty of available seats.
Old May 6, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
E-class is full price economy. The availability may depend on market (point-of-sale).

SAS hapilly oversells the standard economy cabin as long as they can op-up passengers to fill up the plane. If you buy an E-class ticket you will most likely end up in the economy cabin unless you are lucky at the time of check in. My experience from ORD is that they are not smart when it comes to op-ups but takes it as its comes.

Hmm? Which date are you flying. May 2nd has already been and it seems you are missing a digit in the date.
Old May 6, 2008, 2:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
E-class is full price economy. The availability may depend on market (point-of-sale).

SAS hapilly oversells the standard economy cabin as long as they can op-up passengers to fill up the plane. If you buy an E-class ticket you will most likely end up in the economy cabin unless you are lucky at the time of check in. My experience from ORD is that they are not smart when it comes to op-ups but takes it as its comes.

Hmm? Which date are you flying. May 2nd has already been and it seems you are missing a digit in the date.
Sorry about that. I meant to write '24th'.
I'm in Y+ so I wouldn't mind if people from Y made their way into Y+ and 'forced' me to move to my favorite seat, 8B
Old May 6, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by Vunder31
Sorry about that. I meant to write '24th'.
I'm in Y+ so I wouldn't mind if people from Y made their way into Y+ and 'forced' me to move to my favorite seat, 8B
As you say the flight show C9...E9 and the rest zeroed out. So I guess it is a very full flight in Economy. There are at least 4 unassigned seats in Economy (plus a number of seats that looks occupied but are assigned at airport only).

My experiences from US are not so great (even though I most often fly out of EWR). Double upgrades of non status passengers (or status passengers in Economy) has happened more than once totally ignoring Y+ passengers. So I wouldn't be to sure that the op-ups from Y forces you into C (but let's hope for the best).
Old May 6, 2008, 4:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Op-ups at ORD have worked pretty good lately.
I go to the check-in counter and hand them my passport and the Y+ BP issued by UA, and pretty often (4 out of 10 lately), they hand me a new BP with a really low row number on it
I've been upgraded once by the lounge lady and once at the gate, both of them moved from Y to Y+ (this was in the old days when I was paying for my own tickets...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.