Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS SE customers: Give SAS suggestions for improvement, win the new Crew Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:50 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

All,

I just got an e-mail from one of our SAS SE contacts. If you live in Sweden, SAS want's you to give feedback on how they can improve.

The 10 first FT members who send their suggestion, will get the new Crew Guide as a prize.

Please PM me and I will send you the private e-mail address to send your suggestion to.

Good luck!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
I suppose SAS NO doesn't need feedback...?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 1:41 pm

Booking engine, check-in, priority boarding (you may want to explain the concept first), P class in-flight service, Intercon meal service in Y and M, priority bagage (!), bagage delivery times at ARN and CPH, earn/burn ration in EB, award availability, service attittude at SGS (sell'em) etc, etc.

Alright I supose there are good elements, and the good news is there is certainly room for improvement.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
I did send in my suggestion email - in Swedish, but without waking the other half for checking my language skills first. I'll likely be sent back to school when I show him what got sent out of here.

No indication of email received, but also nothing of it bouncing.

Actually - the idea of doing it was great, so even if I am not one of the first 10 to respond, it was a good exercise.

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
By far the the most important issue is to re-create a brand that stands for something. Decide on a strategy, communicate it, implement it, and stick to it!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
And in addition to the excellent suggestions already in this thread; while Sweden is a huge market but also start paying attention to other markets - While the name is Scandinavian Airlines then if SAS really wants to become a big airline and doesn't want to just concentrate on Scandinavian markets then they must start to become global.

They need to pay attention to their "less important" markets. Or then leave those markets to other Star Alliance airlines and promote them.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 12:00 pm
tfl

Programs: AA Platinum, UA PremEx
Allow UA*G to use the SAS security line

Originally Posted by tommy777
All,

I just got an e-mail from one of our SAS SE contacts. If you live in Sweden, SAS want's you to give feedback on how they can improve.
I travelled back from CPH-LHR Friday on a back of the cattle class ticket. The Gold checkin line was non-existant and I was welcomed. They were good and worked to get me a better seat.

Then I went upstairs and the securty screener at the SAS elite line refused to let me in. She was quite rude - and I was quite pissed off as the pleb-line was HUGE.

Still, SAS did their normal friday night trick of being late, so I managed to get several drinks in!

My suggestion to SAS: recognise the UA*G folks have a choice and don't have to travel SAS!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by tfl
IMy suggestion to SAS: recognise the UA*G folks have a choice and don't have to travel SAS!
That is not at UA*G issue - it is a *G issue. Even SK's own gold - when not travelling on SK metal but on other *A carriers - will not be allowed through.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by tfl
My suggestion to SAS: recognise the UA*G folks have a choice and don't have to travel SAS!
My suggestion to UA: recognise the SK*G folks have a choice and don't have to travel UA! (no more E+ for *G)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tfl
I travelled back from CPH-LHR Friday on a back of the cattle class ticket. The Gold checkin line was non-existant and I was welcomed. They were good and worked to get me a better seat.

Then I went upstairs and the securty screener at the SAS elite line refused to let me in. She was quite rude - and I was quite pissed off as the pleb-line was HUGE.

Still, SAS did their normal friday night trick of being late, so I managed to get several drinks in!

I tend to agree on the security line issue, but I think that SK elites get a greasier end of the stick with UA. No Economy Plus (or rather better seats on board because the service is the same) meaning that while UA*G will get good seating on SAS short haul, SK *G customers will get a seat waaay in the back, often middle seat on UA.

Also, the RCC is the worst lounge in the US. So while UA*G are very welcome to use SAS very well stocked lounges with both alcohol and food, SAS customers are welcome to get 3 days old bagels and no free drinks.

From a FTer who has both SAS and UA *gold, I would say SAS elites gets the most greasy end of a pretty greasy stick
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Still one spot open

Thank you all for participating. There's still one spot open. If you want to voice your opinion, please help SAS SE out and PM me. I will send you the e-mail address where to send your suggestions

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
From a FTer who has both SAS and UA *gold, I would say SAS elites gets the most greasy end of a pretty greasy stick
But we have to also remember that we are comparing US and European airlines - there isn't much to brag about in US airlines. This is actually good example that we still have many things quite well with SK compared to our FF colleagues in US - we can still buy real food onboard while for example Delta will give you free of charge some raisins/coke/crackers onboard on the 4 hour flight. How is it these days with UA?
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikka
But we have to also remember that we are comparing US and European airlines - there isn't much to brag about in US airlines. This is actually good example that we still have many things quite well with SK compared to our FF colleagues in US - we can still buy real food onboard while for example Delta will give you free of charge some raisins/coke/crackers onboard on the 4 hour flight. How is it these days with UA?
Continental still has free food in coach, even for shorter flights you get a sandwich. On UA they sell the Ted Snack boxes on mainline on flights longer than 3 hrs. Cash only. Drinks are free on all UA flights (exl. alcohol)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:28 pm

Continental still has free food in coach, even for shorter flights you get a sandwich. On UA they sell the Ted Snack boxes on mainline on flights longer than 3 hrs. Cash only. Drinks are free on all UA flights (exl. alcohol)
In UA, are those ready-made complete meals gone and replaced with Ted Snack boxes? What were those meals called, those had some snappy name ... Cannot remember but those were really delicious and I was more than happy to pay the fee for those. I like the idea, with extra money you were given a proper meal and without the extra fee you got some small snack. I always opted to the proper meal.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikka
In UA, are those ready-made complete meals gone and replaced with Ted Snack boxes? What were those meals called, those had some snappy name ... Cannot remember but those were really delicious and I was more than happy to pay the fee for those. I like the idea, with extra money you were given a proper meal and without the extra fee you got some small snack. I always opted to the proper meal.
That stuff is long gone. 5 bucks for this: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51257,00.html

If I ever get stuck in the back on longer flights, I bring food!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.