Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SK Website Reduced Discount Fare Inventory?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Looking at ARN-KEF and curiously for the dates entered, there are cheaper fares on other travel sites compared to the SK website.

If you try 28/9 for ARN-KEF on SK books as an L class, whereas on other travel sites they seem to be able to get cheaper T class inventory, so is around SEK100 cheaper.

KEF-ARN on SK and other travel sites all seems to book into L.

Any reason why SK would have higher prices on its website? Generally in my experience, airlines keep extra inventory for themselves, seems a bit odd?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
It's called Point-of-sales and is widely used by SK and other Europeean airlines. You can find a lot of examples if searching this and other forums.

The pricing is complex and you can even find lower prices (i.e. T fares) when booking on the Belgian version of scandinavian.net or sas.dk even if it is a flight out of Sweden.

Very annoying, but can good when you find lower prices.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
It's called Point-of-sales and is widely used by SK and other Europeean airlines. You can find a lot of examples if searching this and other forums.
Though, it's actually not allowed anymore if the point of sale is within the EU....
Old Jul 20, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by jobi
Though, it's actually not allowed anymore if the point of sale is within the EU....
And still they do it. They even say it on their website:

16. Varför blir priset annorlunda om jag bokar på den danska eller den svenska hemsidan?
Eftersom SAS numera är uppdelat i 3 olika bolag, så har varje land ett visst antal platser till varje pris. Det kan då hända att de lägsta priserna är slutsålda på den svenska delen men på den danska finns de kvar.
Translated: Why is the price different if I book on the Danish or Swedish site?
Since SAS is now split in 3 different companies it may happen that the cheapest tickets are sold out on Swedish site but available on the Danish site.

http://www.sas.se/sv/Misc/Help_and_C...er--bokningar/
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for this.

Had a look at expedia.com.au and zuji.com.au, both of which are coming up with the cheaper T class fare. But when I use flysas.com.au, only the L fare comes up.

Seems a tad odd, given they're both supposed to serve the same country base?

Out of interest, I note the SE website has a SEK50 booking fee, but many other countries SK sites don't impose this - how does SK stop people from using other sites, is it based on billing address if you're based in SE?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Tried Wideroe.no, SK's US/Canada site, UK, Australia, SE and DE - all seem to have the same fare inventory for this situation. Seems to be the SK sites that offer the reduced fare availability, not limited to specific countries?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.