Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS seems to forget its own destinations...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know the logic in the following? It seems impossible to book ARN-LYS (Lyon, France) on sas.se. Lyon just doesn't exist as a destination under "France". A bit strange, since SAS has flights both CPH-LYS (SK-flights operated by Cimber Air) and GOT-LYS (City Air-flights with SK-code share).

I then tried to book on sas.dk, which has Lyon as a destination under "France", but the only options which turn up are ARN-CPH-LYS (i.e. not ARN-GOT-LYS which is quicker). And all prices are quoted in DKK not SEK, although the trips both start and end in Sweden. I also tried scandinavian.net by chosing "other countries" but still don't get any routings ARN-GOT-LYS and the prices this time are quoted in EUR instead of SEK.

I called SAS telephone sales which of course were able to give prices ARN-GOT-LYS (not more expensive then via CPH) and in SEK but they were of course also unable to answer why Lyon is missing on sas.se.

It's funny that sas.se lists a lot of destinations which SK doesn't fly to anymore (or ever has flown too) but misses SK's own destinations... Anyone else experienced such problems with other SK-destinations?
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:29 am

I guess most members here could produce a pretty long list of SAS IT shortcomings. Unfortunately.
At least they could manage to get a message to dsiplay telling you to call SAS Direct if you are trying to book something online which is not possible in the system.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
The ARN-LYS startup has been cancelled according to info on SAS SalesInfo due to "too few bookings". It was supposed to be started in June and run to August. Maybe this is the reason why they removed the option from the Swedish website???

Did you try to book the flight via any other site?

P.S. Of course there would be too few bookings if you can't select it as an option on the website .
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN
Did you try to book the flight via any other site?
Yep, it was possible to book ARN-GOT-LYS on SK codeshare by using travellink.se
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Today I noticed that flights to Lyon is possible to book on sas.se! SAS IT staff might be reading FT?
Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by SK989
Today I noticed that flights to Lyon is possible to book on sas.se! SAS IT staff might be reading FT?
Maybe so, but then one would hope they acted on more crazy things than just this simple issue...

Or could it be that when we talk to SAS staff the IT group actually listens to what we report?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.