Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus Silver benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:09 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by miikka
It is ... I can still remember my first EBS card. It is exciting and a new world. Enjoy, take the best out of it.
I agree!! Enjoy your new card!!
The people here (incl myself) have travelled a bit too much and become spoiled with lounge access, op-ups and other things.
When I think about it I was also very excited when I first reached EBS. Nice not having to use a self-service machine or line up for economy check-in if you travel with luggage, you go straight to the business class desk!!
Your op-up chances should also improve a lot. And you get a free subscription of Seasons!! Have fun!
Old Mar 6, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Quick update.. I received an e-mail from DC where they asked me (again!) to call SAS and ask for luggage tags. So I did. After telling the guy on EB the whole story he said "Mr. Robbiedeluxe, I will take care of this".
There must be something wrong with SK these days; last week I actually received 4 EBS luggage tags (old design) - even though I have been told several times that they don't send these out to EBS-members anymore. ^

...and it gets even worse, today I got *A Priority tag on my luggage from OSL (via MUC) to SOF! I've been EBS since I was 19 (two years ago), and this has certainly never happened before. So, whatever is happening to SK - I'm lovin' it.

(If you add my op-up from GRU to MUC last month on LH, we have 3 rather "interesting" episodes as an *S member...)
Old Mar 6, 2007, 2:28 pm

I actually got to upgrades in 2 weeks while EBS last time.. STO-MIL-STO..pretty good ^
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
when I was EBS, at Sofia airport flying on LOT, i got a voucher for lounge access. The second of the two times I could access a lounge with it (before, in KRK, *S got lounge access, not anymore i think). Perhaps another surprise at the check in on the way back!
Old Mar 17, 2007, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
Perhaps another surprise at the check in on the way back!
Went to the LH business class check in SOF (which is not really a business class check in, the locals will simply stand in front of whatever check in desk that's available), presented my combined DC/EBS card and after a couple of seconds she gave me a lounge invitation. The lounge is ok, nothing special here. I was the only one togheter with two UA elite americans drinking free booze at 6AM.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: SK*G, Marriott Gold, ROP Silver
Baggage Allowance

As an EBS member travelling on SQ (business class PEK-SIN-MAN), I am still entitled to an extra 10kg?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:45 pm

Baggage Allowance

Sorry,, that should have read "Am I entitled...."
Old Mar 22, 2007, 12:52 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lancashirelass
As an EBS member ...
In your mini profile, you describe yourself as SAS Pandion. Riches to rags?

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 22, 2007, 1:41 am

Still Pandion and enjoying it thank you for asking.... Now, back to my question - which is on behalf of my other half - anyone? Or more comments/questions to my status?
Old Mar 22, 2007, 2:51 am

Or more comments/questions to my status?
Well, sorry. But you did say

> As an EBS member ... I ...

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:44 am

Programs: SK *B (?)
As an EBS member travelling on SQ (business class PEK-SIN-MAN), I am still entitled to an extra 10kg?
Nope. The only alliance-wide silver benefits are priority waitlisting and standby, and SQ has no special deals for EBS.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 4:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
And if I am not totally wrong then I think that these extra luggage allowances are always for the airline the elite status is from.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 1:43 pm

The extra luggage allowance on other airlines is not an official benefit, but I've never had any problems travelling with ~ 30kg + my tennis bag (about 5-8 kg) on both Lufthansa and Swiss.

Like I said, it may not be an official benefit, but they "just don't care" I guess.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
The extra luggage allowance on other airlines is not an official benefit...
Actually, it is:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...er_status.html

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 23, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: SK *B (?)
Originally Posted by henry999
Actually, it is:
But only for gold. (Just to clarify, since we started out discussing silver benefits.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.