Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight dining in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Smile Pre Flight dining in BKK

I've just heard the most wonderful news. When the new Suvarnahbumi airport opens on 28 september the Thai lounge will have catering by the Oriental Hotel. Presumably SAS will use this lounge like now.

Thai are offering pre flight dining to European bound passengers. If anybody here has any influence with SAS can they please suggest that their passengers should be part of this too. We can then all have a leisurely meal and get straight to sleep on the 00:25hrs departure in the new flat, but at an angle, beds.

By the way - they will also have a proper 650sq m spa in the lounge. This link is from the new airport site which expalins more:

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/27http

I already have the feeling this will be the best lounge in the world.
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:10 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
This has been posted in both the *A and Thai forums before.

However what is unclear is to whom various facilities will be available.
There will of course be both a business class and a first class lounge, and I'm not quite sure if for example the spa will be available to business class passengers (and I assume *G will not get access to the first class lounge).

No matter what, the new airport sounds very nice.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I've just heard the most wonderful news. When the new Suvarnahbumi airport opens on 28 september...
...if. Not when. And if it does open after all, expect massive chaos.

I already have the feeling this will be the best lounge in the world.
Entirely possible someday, even the current TG C lounges at the old BKK are right at the top of my list. However, this is Thailand(tm), so don't hold your breath.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.