Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:59 am

Well, the phenomenon that you see a lot of AMG Mercedes and BMW Ms in crime ridden low income districts, driven (Not owned, the cars are usually owned by someone from the extended family having a car dealership, a couple of barer salons etc) by people living on welfare is not really that bizarre and pretty common in Germany as well.

And I don’t think these are the people complaining about missing out in school lunch.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:15 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So Finland finally ordered ski resort closures. Sweden still refuses to close them down despite the virus breakout in and from Ĺre and maybe even the other Skistar resorts in Sweden. Skistar’s new CEO seems committed to continuing with business as usual however he can.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Perspective from our side of Riksgrensen is that Sweden is being highly naive and not doing enough in terms of social distancing. Which likely means that border restrictions will stay for longer than "necessary".
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 7:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superrman
Perspective from our side of Riksgrensen is that Sweden is being highly naive and not doing enough in terms of social distancing. Which likely means that border restrictions will stay for longer than "necessary".
Prolonged or repeated waves of border control within Nordic countries is against my interest, and for that and other reasons I am disappointed that Sweden is trying to be the odd one out on this. And when I mean Sweden here I’m referring to a wide range of actors in Sweden.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So Finland finally ordered ski resort closures. Sweden still refuses to close them down despite the virus breakout in and from Ĺre and maybe even the other Skistar resorts in Sweden. Skistar’s new CEO seems committed to continuing with business as usual however he can.
They were advised to close the ski resort in Sweden.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
They were advised to close the ski resort in Sweden.
Until ordered to do so, they have been refusing to do so.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Until ordered to do so, they have been refusing to do so.
Night club and afterski is closed at least in one of the resorts:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/ja...b-i-are-stangs
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Night club and afterski is closed at least in one of the resorts:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/ja...b-i-are-stangs
The resorts — including that one — are still open, and it’s not like the closed non-sport, entertainment facilities’ attendees are all of a sudden gone from the ski resorts. They are part of the core of the resort staff and other area seasonal workers that just about everyone skiing there will encounter within 1-2 meters or less multiple times during the course of any ski trip.

The idea that closing the Ĺre club and bar scene will put a stop to this virus at the ski resorts is little more than an effort to make money and stay open longer while trying to play a PR game of being “responsible”.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: More than one
The resorts — including that one — are still open, and it’s not like the closed non-sport, entertainment facilities’ attendees are all of a sudden gone from the ski resorts. They are part of the core of the resort staff and other area seasonal workers that just about everyone skiing there will encounter within 1-2 meters or less multiple times during the course of any ski trip.

The idea that closing the Ĺre club and bar scene will put a stop to this virus at the ski resorts is little more than an effort to make money and stay open longer while trying to play a PR game of being “responsible”.
Visiting a packed bar or nightclub is an almost 100% sure way of catching the virus. One infected person can infect 100 of people in one night in a packed bar or nightclub. Standing in the queue for the ski lift etc. is also risky, but by far not as risky as visiting a packed bar or nightclub.
nacho likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Visiting a packed bar or nightclub is an almost 100% sure way of catching the virus. One infected person can infect 100 of people in one night in a packed bar or nightclub. Standing in the queue for the ski lift etc. is also risky, but by far not as risky as visiting a packed bar or nightclub.
I agree.

But I also find that the ski rental equipment places and the Are C station on the main checkin and checkout days get packed almost as badly or even more badly than some of the bars and clubs in Ĺre. The buses for skiers with luggage to get between the resort and the station often get filled to the brim; and the other buses for connecting different mountains at the resort are also packed at times, even with night skiing when it’s not at the more-kid-friendly part of Ĺre. And people collect indoors at the warming huts and places with bathrooms and grocery stores/restaurants. Permanently avoiding the virus isn’t really likely for most of us, but slowing the spread is possible. Unfortunately, SkiStar seems to not really care to slow down the virus spread and is doing the opposite of discouraging non-essential travel.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:38 pm

I agree.

But I also find that the ski rental equipment places and the Are C station on the main checkin and checkout days get packed almost as badly or even more badly than some of the bars and clubs in Ĺre. The buses for skiers with luggage to get between the resort and the station often get filled to the brim; and the other buses for connecting different mountains at the resort are also packed at times, even with night skiing when it’s not at the more-kid-friendly part of Ĺre. And people collect indoors at the warming huts and places with bathrooms and grocery stores/restaurants. Permanently avoiding the virus isn’t really likely for most of us, but slowing the spread is possible. Unfortunately, SkiStar seems to not really care to slow down the virus spread and is doing the opposite of discouraging non-essential travel.
I agree. Basically any place that is not critical should be closed at the moment, but bars and nightclubs are a no brainer. Here in DK bars, nightclubs, restaurants (except take away), fitness centers, physiotherapy, massage, hairdressers etc. etc. etc. has been ordered closed. Basically anyplace which is not life critical and include physical contact or many people in a tight space is closed. Shopping centers except the food stores are closed too. In the food stores they are required to make sure there are not to many in the store at the same time and to have markings on the floor so it's easy to see when you are standing too close. Most stores have removed all the display stands on the floor so goods are only on the shelf's now. The last I wish they would make permanent.
The walk paths around the lakes in the city center of Copenhagen has been made one way walk paths so people don't have to pass each other when they do a walk around the lakes. Seat reservation for trains has been made mandatory and free of charge. I don't know they actually enforce that you don't sit too close, but the conductor will ask people to move if they are sitting too close.

You can discuss whether some of the actions in DK is overkill, but not closing bars and nightclubs are insane.

Last edited by highupinthesky; Mar 21, 2020 at 5:54 pm
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:11 pm

There are some good thing with the virus too. The CO2 emission is down, the gas prices are down and last but not least. Thursday last week were the first 24 hours in like 50 years where not a single break and entry were reported in the whole Northern Sjćlland police precinct.

Feel free to add what you find positive about the virus and the lock down.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Feel free to add what you find positive about the virus and the lock down.
This is the only good thing for us:
Keep my kids home and do home schooling - they learn more at home than in a school in Sweden. I don't have to drive 95km a day to send them off and pick them up from school.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 2:12 am
Suspended

This is the only good thing for us:
Keep my kids home and do home schooling - they learn more at home than in a school in Sweden. I don't have to drive 95km a day to send them off and pick them up from school.
I strongly suspect that the Scandinavian school shutdowns will exacerbate the differences in learning results that are linked to differences in socio-economic background. Those differences already exist but they can become more pronounced with home-schooling of sorts under the current circumstances.

I suspected home-break-in’s would plummet due to these stay-at-home recommendations. Unfortunately, I have to also suspect that domestic abuse situations may get worse for those living in abusive homes, whether or not it shows up in police stats.

My fridge and freezer doors are getting more use than usual, and this may provide more opportunity to have the fridge and freezer machines cleaned out and cleaned up

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 22, 2020 at 2:20 am
Old Mar 22, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: Various
Tonight our prime minister will talk to the nation. It's only a very short speech(5 min) so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully it will be some sort of action announced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.