Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by budenholzer
Has anyone changed FFP after using the complimentary lounge access on SK? I would like to use Eurobonus to access one of the SK lounges, but don't want to credit points to SK, but instead to A3. Anyone changed FFPs after lounge visit?
What do you mean about changing FFP? I've never heard you lose your status on the original FFP when you switch to a new one
There is no issues in having one FFP on your boarding card and using a different one for accessing the lounge. You just have to be able to prove you have the required status on the FFP you are using for granting you access. This is normally in form of the FFP card whether this is physical or in the FFP APP.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by budenholzer
Has anyone changed FFP after using the complimentary lounge access on SK? I would like to use Eurobonus to access one of the SK lounges, but don't want to credit points to SK, but instead to A3. Anyone changed FFPs after lounge visit?
Yes, I have done it frequently. But sometimes I just present the *G card of one program while leaving (and making sure) my boarding pass/booking keeps the frequent flyer program (and number) which I want credited with miles/points from the Star Alliance-operated flight.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Aadvantage, EBS
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
What do you mean about changing FFP? I've never heard you lose your status on the original FFP when you switch to a new one
There is no issues in having one FFP on your boarding card and using a different one for accessing the lounge. You just have to be able to prove you have the required status on the FFP you are using for granting you access. This is normally in form of the FFP card whether this is physical or in the FFP APP.
Thanks! That's what I wanted to confirm (that the BP does not have to be tied with the card). Also thanks to GUWonder for the reply!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Does anyone if Lufthansa's plusgrade upgrades on long haul give increased earning in Eurobonus?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by SK2751
Does anyone if Lufthansa's plusgrade upgrades on long haul give increased earning in Eurobonus?
Not sure if that is the latest upgrade mapping, maybe oliver2002 knows.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27997908-post212.html
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Paging Nick Art
SK2751 and Nick Art like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Paging Nick Art
I have been summoned.

Originally Posted by SK2751
Well it depends if they ticket is reissued in the new fare class. Since the upgrade does yield higher mileage earnings on Lufthansa it is possible that this is also the case on SAS, but they usually don't credit more miles for upgraded tickets so I'm not 100% certain, especially since their conditions of the program are very clear on this:
EuroBonus members earn points on applicable flights in accordance with the class originally booked and paid for, regardless of upgrades or downgrades unless otherwise
stated.
I sadly don't have any first hand experience as I have never used Plusgrade on Lufthansa on a flight crediting to SAS before.
But as far as I know what it comes down to is in case the ticket is upgraded, but no new ticket is issued, the points are credited according to the original booking class. This obviously depends how the plusgrade system works, maybe Oliver can give some insight on this.

With "normal" upgrades (via miles or cash) on Lufthansa you would only receive the miles from the original ticket.

It might interest oliver2002 that just recently on a M&M upgraded LX A ticket SAS only credited according to the original booking class. I'm not sure if their system now recognizes the A class upgraded tickets or if I was just lucky in the earlier cases or if I was just unlucky in this case.
SK2751 and MatthiasWagner like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
It might interest oliver2002 that just recently on a M&M upgraded LX A ticket SAS only credited according to the original booking class. I'm not sure if their system now recognizes the A class upgraded tickets or if I was just lucky in the earlier cases or if I was just unlucky in this case.
I think it depends on how the upgrade was done. I've recently had a number of flight CPH-LUG on LX. For some flights I purchased the upgrade on the Swiss webpage and was accredited point according to the new class. The upgrade was a fixed price upgrade and not plusgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Out of my last 24+ check-ins for SAS transatlantic flights during the past 12 months, I have not been able to get a mobile phone boarding pass but for a tiny proportion of these flights. The printable PDF option works fine with online check-in (PreCheck printed for passes in both directions), but the mobile boarding passes rarely work for me on my SAS transatlantic flights. What’s SAS’s problem and is there a workaround to get the mobile boarding passes to be produced for SAS flights to/from the US.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Out of my last 24+ check-ins for SAS transatlantic flights during the past 12 months, I have not been able to get a mobile phone boarding pass but for a tiny proportion of these flights. The printable PDF option works fine with online check-in (PreCheck printed for passes in both directions), but the mobile boarding passes rarely work for me on my SAS transatlantic flights. What’s SAS’s problem and is there a workaround to get the mobile boarding passes to be produced for SAS flights to/from the US.
same here, my workaround is to save the PDF on my phone and have the bar code displayed on the phone display. Works almost as good as a real mobile BP. Only difference, can’t be saved to the wallet and you need to zoom and move the page a bit around to have the bar code fully visible.

what SK’s problem is? No idea, probably just a mix of the usual IT incompetence and the Swedish „I don’t care“-mentality.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:19 pm

I have never been able to get the boarding pass in the app on TATL flights. I was once told it's the US immigration who hasn't certified the mobile boarding passes on SK yet. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but knowing how immigration etc. works in US it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Sometimes I can't do the online check-in either. In those cases I've always ended up with the ssss on the boarding card. In those cases I've always reprinted the boarding cards, or checked-in on the UA app, for my connections, once I arrived in US. This gets rid of the ssss on the boarding cards for the connecting flights and thereby reduce the risk of being picked for additional security check in US, which is much more strict that in Europa.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I have never been able to get the boarding pass in the app on TATL flights. I was once told it's the US immigration who hasn't certified the mobile boarding passes on SK yet. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but knowing how immigration etc. works in US it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Sometimes I can't do the online check-in either. In those cases I've always ended up with the ssss on the boarding card. In those cases I've always reprinted the boarding cards, or checked-in on the UA app, for my connections, once I arrived in US. This gets rid of the ssss on the boarding cards for the connecting flights and thereby reduce the risk of being picked for additional security check in US, which is much more strict that in Europa.
I have some SAS PreCheck mobile phone boarding passes from this year for some of my SAS US-Scandinavia trips. Had about 4 or 5 SAS mobile phone boarding passes this year for ORD-CPH, but none of these when it comes to this year’s ORD-ARN, EWR-OSL/CPH/ARN, nor IAD-CPH (in either direction). The ones I got were all in the first quarter of this year. Nothing since IIRC.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Similar and somewhat even more interesting thing that happened to my relatives last week.
When checking in for EWR-OSL on an droid phone they were told that they couldn't get a mobile BP.
The PDF was available on the website though.

Shortly after the other one tried checking in on her iPhone and she got the BP right away (the usual mobile one you can also add to the Wallet).
After that it also showed up on the Android phone.

No idea how to rationalize all this :P
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:24 pm

I have some SAS PreCheck mobile phone boarding passes from this year for some of my SAS US-Scandinavia trips. Had about 4 or 5 SAS mobile phone boarding passes this year for ORD-CPH, but none of these when it comes to this year’s ORD-ARN, EWR-OSL/CPH/ARN, nor IAD-CPH (in either direction). The ones I got were all in the first quarter of this year. Nothing since IIRC.
US-EU used to work for me too, but never EU-US. That said. I haven't been in US this year so far, so can't said whether something has changed.

Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Similar and somewhat even more interesting thing that happened to my relatives last week.
When checking in for EWR-OSL on an droid phone they were told that they couldn't get a mobile BP.
The PDF was available on the website though.

Shortly after the other one tried checking in on her iPhone and she got the BP right away (the usual mobile one you can also add to the Wallet).
After that it also showed up on the Android phone.

No idea how to rationalize all this :P
Sounds like an issue I had with a couple of Swiss flights lately. The flights were LUG-ZRH-CPH. Checked in using the Swiss app, but when I arrived in ZRH I suddenly had 2 copies of the LUG-ZRH boarding card in the app, and no boarding card for ZRH-CPH. In the home page the app showed both boarding cards correctly, but when you opened the boarding cards it were both LUG-ZRH. The second time I solved the issue by checking in again..
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
FWIW I've only once been successful with a mobile bp on any SK US itinerary in either direction for the actual US segment. Sometimes the shorthaul segment bp is available while other times I get nothing at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.