Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by livious
Regardless of Concur, I am still surprised to hear that our corporate travel reps (along with a few other large companies) are complaining that we cannot access all SAS's fares and that SAS is doing nothing to remedy the situation. In this day and age the booking interfaces are important, and SAS cannot seem to provide this to leisure (via sas.se) and (some) corporate travelers. Hard to stay profitable when you make it difficult to book tickets. In my company's case, SAS is a preferred carrier and I would be interested to see how much of our travel has shifted away from SAS since our switch to Concur.
The problem may very well not be on the SK side, but your travel reps are just passing the buck for a poor implementation. While yes, SK should help and facilitate, there are limits to what they can if the issue is of your company's own creation.

Don't always trust the project responsible's explanation for what causes the problems.

Concur's main objective is to save money on an integrated process of approval, booking, claim processing, and accounting. Which is why it is a popular solution in big companies. It automates a lot, cuts a lot of human action, or puts it on the traveller, whose time is rarely accounted as a cost in this type of processing.
Being an easy booking tool for the traveller is far down the list of purposes. If there at all. Concur is loved by procurement and accounting for these reasons, but they are rarely the travellers suffering.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
As an expense tool Concur is lightyears ahead of anything else I've previously used. Automatic expense coding, filing photos of receipts and automatically inserting corporate card transactions saves me about 2 days a month of "classic" expense reporting.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Upgrade with Eurobonus points....

Well I got a BKK-CPH Eco flight and wanted to upgrade to Premium Eco on Thai airways flight with Eurobonus.
SAS said I need to have a Y or B class ticket, well I changed that and from M to B and when I called back they say there is no more seats, I called Thai and they said there is a lot of seats available. I confronted SAS with that and they said we only have a very limited amount of seats available for upgrade so sorry, can't do, please try next time.. What are the eurobonus program worth except flying with SAS flights, totally useless. Then finally I asked if I could transfer my points to another Star alliance partner program. No we don't do that..
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Agerskov
Well I got a BKK-CPH Eco flight and wanted to upgrade to Premium Eco on Thai airways flight with Eurobonus.
SAS said I need to have a Y or B class ticket, well I changed that and from M to B and when I called back they say there is no more seats, I called Thai and they said there is a lot of seats available. I confronted SAS with that and they said we only have a very limited amount of seats available for upgrade so sorry, can't do, please try next time.. What are the eurobonus program worth except flying with SAS flights, totally useless. Then finally I asked if I could transfer my points to another Star alliance partner program. No we don't do that..
Maybe the SK agent should have had the wits to check if space was available, but did you ask at the time, if I change my ticket is there space available? Once the message that your ticket was unupgradable due to the booking class, they would not have been looking at specific space.

In order to upgrade for SK points on Thai, there will need to be space available in booking class I. That is the booking class for award redemption in business class. So while Thai may have plenty of seats available they may not have seats available you can upgrade into.

Call Thai, ask if booking class I is available. If the answer is yes, SK will be able to upgrade you.

The Star Alliance upgrades are not very useful, but that is not an SK specific situation. That is alliance wide.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
SAS may not have access to all the award inventory on Thai, so it is not entirely shocking but disappointing. Why did you not ask for availability when you were told you needed Y or B class? You could have saved yourself the money in changing to Y/B. I would call again and ask.

As for your other points, no FFP that I know of allows you to transfer points to another FFP. You may transfer through a partner as an intermediary, but the transfer rates are poor. As for using Eurobonus, the point is to collect points and use them on what is available. SAS likely wants you to use them on their flights but does allow you to use them on other *A airlines, but you need to follow the rules and then hope for availability. In this case Thai decides the availability that SAS can see. As for needed a Y or B class ticket, most airlines have this policy and it is clearly written.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also to be fair to SK, the agent can hardly know if there is upgrade inventory available. They have to initiate the upgrade to see inventory, which is not possible without the right booking class. If TG see I inventory, then SK should waitlist the upgrade, which usually clears in the next revenue calculation. So call again and ask the upgrade to be waitlisted. If you are cheeky, call TG and ask them to pull up your reservation and clear the waitlist.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:22 am

You cannot upgrade from economy to premium economy on any Star Alliance airline. The Star Alliance upgrades are only valid on economy to business, or business to first.

Thus, it is entirely possible that Thai has plenty of available seats in premium economy, but they are only accessible to members of Thai's own frequent flyer program, not the programs of SK, LH, UA or any other Star member.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Does the extra baggage perk apply to the member itself only or for the entire reservation?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does the extra baggage perk apply to the member itself only or for the entire reservation?
I know that someone said here that he got it for himself and +1, but I haven't found anything official and I read it only once.

What does sas.se say? If you check your booking on the new site, it will show your baggage allowance including your status benefit.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Jainzar
I know that someone said here that he got it for himself and +1, but I haven't found anything official and I read it only once.

What does sas.se say? If you check your booking on the new site, it will show your baggage allowance including your status benefit.
Sas.se doesn't state anything like that, I don't have a booking yet so I can't see the allowance.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Various
For what it's worth. A booking to the US for me and a friend without status gives us 5 free bags. We're flying economy.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, BA Silver, Europcar Executive VIP
If you are all on the same booking you should all get the allowance of the person booking/highest status.
I used to regularly fly with the wife and two young children.
We all got my Diamond status allowance, which meant free luggage when relocating the family of a period of several trips.
In economy, we would get 3 hold bags EACH plus car seats and pushchairs. A nightmare to travel with it all, but saved a fortune on shipping it all.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looking at my OTA go light booking on Sas.se with the correct status FFP number added, I see no bags.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by InsanityBeckons
If you are all on the same booking you should all get the allowance of the person booking/highest status.
I used to regularly fly with the wife and two young children.
We all got my Diamond status allowance, which meant free luggage when relocating the family of a period of several trips.
In economy, we would get 3 hold bags EACH plus car seats and pushchairs. A nightmare to travel with it all, but saved a fortune on shipping it all.
I have not seen this - ever. Diamond lugage benefit for the traveller only.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Looking at my OTA go light booking on Sas.se with the correct status FFP number added, I see no bags.
Good to know. At least for EB numbers it works.
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
I have not seen this - ever. Diamond lugage benefit for the traveller only.
Looks like we might come to a clear conclusion... it depends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.