Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SAS | EuroBonus Forum Kafé

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Looks like technicians totalled a CR900 and knocked out a tug driver

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...ision-cph.html
Very nasty incident, let hope it doesn't turn out to be a fatal incident and that the poor driver recovers well.

Spotted this one in a Swedish paper as well: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article22204898.ab
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:45 am

oh my. I hope the young man recovers fully and quickly
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Apparently Dutch private security contractors hired to work DL flights out of AMS can't understand that lots of CPH O&D passengers on SK and KL flights are not Danish and don't have Danish ID.

I witnessed a comedy routine at AMS when the AMS D1 "interrogation" characters at AMS insisted that CPH-AMS-US-CPH ticketed passengers must have Danish ID -- even after the "interrogators" are told that CPH is used as O&D airports by many people who aren't Danish and don't reside in Denmark. The notion that people who are neither Danish nor resident in Denmark may use CPH as origin and point of return on roundtrip tickets without Danish ID doesn't make it into all of their brains. Eventually someone convinced the characters that there is a bridge that makes CPH a big airport also for those who are neither Danes nor resident in Denmark with Danish ID.

A comedy routine that I can't see happening at CPH, but that happens at AMS.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Apparently Dutch private security contractors hired to work DL flights out of AMS can't understand that lots of CPH O&D passengers on SK and KL flights are not Danish and don't have Danish ID.

I witnessed a comedy routine at AMS when the AMS D1 "interrogation" characters at AMS insisted that CPH-AMS-US-CPH ticketed passengers must have Danish ID -- even after the "interrogators" are told that CPH is used as O&D airports by many people who aren't Danish and don't reside in Denmark. The notion that people who are neither Danish nor resident in Denmark may use CPH as origin and point of return on roundtrip tickets without Danish ID doesn't make it into all of their brains. Eventually someone convinced the characters that there is a bridge that makes CPH a big airport also for those who are neither Danes nor resident in Denmark with Danish ID.

A comedy routine that I can't see happening at CPH, but that happens at AMS.
In principle any EU ID should be more than fine. But I guess they are just following the strict letter of the DL written instructions....
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I can see the AMS scenario happening.

AMS security seems to be degenerating at a very high rate, I've had some "interesting" experiences there as well. They are well on their way to make it down to LHR levels of stupidity and rudeness, not understanding that those annoying passengers are paying their salaries. That airport has changed very quickly from reasonable security experience to terrible after that reconstruction they did.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:15 am

Those hired security services who operate for the US carriers are horrible in most European airports. My favorite one is the contractor doing the security screening at FRA for UA. They are unorganized, rude, have no idea what they doing and live on a constant power trip.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I can see the AMS scenario happening.

AMS security seems to be degenerating at a very high rate, I've had some "interesting" experiences there as well. They are well on their way to make it down to LHR levels of stupidity and rudeness, not understanding that those annoying passengers are paying their salaries. That airport has changed very quickly from reasonable security experience to terrible after that reconstruction they did.
This is one (of several) reasons that I avoid AMS as a transit point to the US. The DL hired goons can not be there for their intellectual vit - nor social skills
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:25 pm
Suspended

CPH airport and/or DSB has restricted the taking of luggage carts down to the rail tracks?

I saw some characters in yellow jackets prevent people from using the elevators and inclined moving walkway to take down their luggage on the baggage carts. For nearly as long as the bridge has been open across the Sound connecting Denmark to Sweden, I had been seeing baggage carts down in the train boarding area. I'm still seeing carts down where the trains are boarded at CPH, so I'm not sure what to make of what I observed at CPH today.

This kind of luggage cart restriction makes CPH less passenger-friendly, even more so for families and the elderly taking the train.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
CPH airport and/or DSB has restricted the taking of luggage carts down to the rail tracks?

I saw some characters in yellow jackets prevent people from using the elevators and inclined moving walkway to take down their luggage on the baggage carts. For nearly as long as the bridge has been open across the Sound connecting Denmark to Sweden, I had been seeing baggage carts down in the train boarding area. I'm still seeing carts down where the trains are boarded at CPH, so I'm not sure what to make of what I observed at CPH today.

This kind of luggage cart restriction makes CPH less passenger-friendly, even more so for families and the elderly taking the train.
Some weird reasoning of the company hired to do the ID check? Can't possibly be the airport coming up with that....
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Some weird reasoning of the company hired to do the ID check? Can't possibly be the airport coming up with that....
Perhaps it's related to Securitas doing the ID checks on the track level, in that they may want to restrict baggage carts passing through the choke points for the ID checks; but the cart-restricting persons wearing yellow vests on the check-in/ticket-buying level above the train tracks didn't seem to have Securitas on their clothes.

And rather amusingly the yellow-vested ones guarding elevators were speaking Danish to people who are unlikely to speak Danish as they were clearly headed to Sweden with non-EU passports in hand; and the yellow-vested ones continued speaking in Danish even when being talked to in English by passengers obviously confused by the language and the luggage cart restriction situation. Either way, I am curious what is up with this luggage cart restriction, a restriction which I had never observed there prior to this (and which certainly wasn't in place like this at the end of last year).

Aren't people still allowed to also take these luggage carts over to the Hilton CPH? I would assume so, but CPH airport is in some ways getting worse and worse in my experience compared to what I used to experience several years ago.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 29, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Went through passport control at CPH (the airport not the train), we were checked by an outsourced police - she was wearing casual clothes with a tag saying "civilian paskontrol" (can't recall the last word but definitely civilian).

We were on the EEA/EU lane and I saw real police officer at the "All passports" lane.

We pushed the luggage carts to CPH Hilton yesterday without any issue (after all they are connected to P7).
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Went through passport control at CPH (the airport not the train), we were checked by an outsourced police - she was wearing casual clothes with a tag saying "civilian paskontrol" (can't recall the last word but definitely civilian).
According to news articles in Danish from last summer, the Danish police was training some of their existing (administrative) staff, i.e. the kind of people that manage the distribution of speeding tickets, to be capable of working with "1st line border control".

One of the articles (from the union organizing the trained police force):
http://www.dansk-politi.dk/artikler/...havns-lufthavn
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by AirportGeekCPH
According to news articles in Danish from last summer, the Danish police was training some of their existing (administrative) staff, i.e. the kind of people that manage the distribution of speeding tickets, to be capable of working with "1st line border control".

One of the articles (from the union organizing the trained police force):
http://www.dansk-politi.dk/artikler/...havns-lufthavn
She wasn't wearing uniform but casual clothing which I think it's a bit odd.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by nacho
She wasn't wearing uniform but casual clothing which I think it's a bit odd.
There are many state officals around the world which do not wear uniform. As long as they can produce a legitimate ID it doesn't matter what they wear.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by fassy
There are many state officals around the world which do not wear uniform. As long as they can produce a legitimate ID it doesn't matter what they wear.
Being a state official and an active officer on duty performing delicate tasks are very different. Scandinavia has for no apparent reason adopted the rent-a-cop principle for all kind of tasks that should really be done by actual police or boarder control officers. Unfortunately the policy is working on revenue generating tasks such as speeding tickets which are more important than protecting public safety and borders apparently.

Passport and ID-checks at airports should only be performed by officers in uniform. It is the right thing to do but also protects people (better) against scammers and identity theft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.