Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The quest for a domestic lounge at OSL

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 8:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by KiwiRob
Strong bump, now that eurobonus points are back for domestic in Norway it must be time for a domestic lounge at OSL. Any ideas if or when this might happen?
I doubt that SAS has a lot of loose change left to invest in something like this.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I doubt that SAS has a lot of loose change left to invest in something like this.
According to Eivind Roald, sales and marketing director, SAS will try to have a domestic lounge at OSL this fall.

Article, in Norwegian:
http://www.dn.no/forsiden/naringsliv/article2618089.ece
Old May 24, 2013, 1:24 pm

They have pretty much committed publicly to opening a new domestic lounge this year, so I would be surprised to see them pull the plug on that now.

What´s more, a domestic lounge at this point with domestic points earnings coming back again this week after 11 years, would be a really strong marketing point for SAS to benefit from.

They certainly need something to set them apart from DY other than coffee and newspapers....
Old May 24, 2013, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Amexpat
According to Eivind Roald, sales and marketing director, SAS will try to have a domestic lounge at OSL this fall.

Article, in Norwegian:
http://www.dn.no/forsiden/naringsliv/article2618089.ece
That is nice to hear. Has the airport operator entered into a deal with SAS for a domestic lounge space?
Old May 25, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
That's what I can't work out, where in OSL is there room for an SK domestic lounge in the current terminal, the place where it was before is now the upstairs seating area of monoliten.
Old May 25, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Build stairs, so that you can enter the current sas lounge from the other side, so you enter the scandinvian lounge immediately? Since only gold members flying domestic would get access?

SB
Old May 25, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
I can't see that happening as it would be considered a security risk, once you're on the international side you can't get back to the domestic side, the stairs would be on the domestic side, it would be a tricky solution to implement. Maybe they can reclaim the upstairs part of monoliten, it's the easiest solution IMO, plus it would also be the ideal location for the new pier.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:44 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Monoliten was Braathens lounge

That's what I can't work out, where in OSL is there room for an SK domestic lounge in the current terminal, the place where it was before is now the upstairs seating area of monoliten.
No, that is not correct. The area of the now spectacularly bad (foodwise) bar of Monoliten was the Braathens (BU) lounge, also used by BA and KLM AFAIR.

The SAS lounge was at the present location, but there were stairs up to the lounge before the then manual check point of international BPs.

OSL has never been keen on lounges, probably because it wil siphon revenue off from the restaurant concessions. There should not be any problems in finding upstairs space, but the question is whether OSL WANTS to...
Old May 29, 2013, 12:45 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
I can't see that happening as it would be considered a security risk, once you're on the international side you can't get back to the domestic side, the stairs would be on the domestic side, it would be a tricky solution to implement. Maybe they can reclaim the upstairs part of monoliten, it's the easiest solution IMO, plus it would also be the ideal location for the new pier.
That was the old solution, meaning that international passengers who had left the lounge to go to the gate could not return if the plan was delayed (and that the lounge was a hassle to use when on INT-INT-connections)
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Hey all,

Any news on this situation? Will be flying (YYC-IAH-FRA-)OSL-TRD on Monday/Tuesday. Has the domestic lounge opened? It is fall, after all!

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
YYC-YYZ-CPH-TRD would have given you the lounge in CPH
Old Oct 18, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Hey all,

Any news on this situation? Will be flying (YYC-IAH-FRA-)OSL-TRD on Monday/Tuesday. Has the domestic lounge opened? It is fall, after all!

Thanks!
No lounge so far, but SAS still claim to build one.
Maybe next fall...
Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wazow
YYC-YYZ-CPH-TRD would have given you the lounge in CPH
Yes but no F! 1h20 in OSL anyways.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
There will be a domestic lounge at OSL but planning and building it takes a long time. AFAIK it's planned for this spring.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
There will be a domestic lounge at OSL but planning and building it takes a long time. AFAIK it's planned for this spring.
Yes, easter was the last I heard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.