Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:38 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ksu
Crown Prince Haakon BGO-OSL. You could see the flight would be a Royal flight, as the flight attendants were wearing white gloves. Is that usual across the SK system for all royalty? What about presidents?

Yes, it happened both times I have flown with Norwegian Royals, presidents have their own plane, if not 2
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:18 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Just remembered there was a celebrity thread on Flyertalk so I though I should make one more addition.

I was in the SAS lounge at CDG this morning and saw Jan Scherman who I believe nowadays is the CEO of Swedish TV4, he was there with his family.
I didn't recognise him at first but then he pulled out a folder from his bag with the TV4 logo on it, so then it was no doubt.

Furthermore once at the gate I got a double upgrade CDG-CPH from P-class to C-class, thank you very much SAS!!!
I overheard the gate agents saying the flight was overbooked (sometimes it's good to be able to speak French). They didn't make any announcements though so I though nothing was going to happen.
But at boarding the machine rejected by BP, the woman tried again but it refused again. I had a look at the display and it said my name, C-class, and seat 1F.
She double checked on her computer and then she erased the old seat number and wrote 1F on my BP.
I was only on a cheap economy class ticket (booking class T!) so it was a very positive surprise and the service onboard was really great.

I have learnt that at CDG the key to get an upgrade is to choose a French-speaking check-in agent and then speak French to her (there was a nice French woman at the *G desk), you'll get directly on the top of the upgrade list in case they need any op-ups.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jacob_m
Just remembered there was a celebrity thread on Flyertalk so I though I should make one more addition.
About five years ago while connecting at ARN we saw Esko Aho and his family waiting at the gate. No aides or bodyguards, just them.

cheers,

Henry
Old Oct 30, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: SK EBB
Hardy Nilsson on SKE-ARN. He was coach for Tre Kronor
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by mocean
Helena Christensen CPH-LON Supermodel
Sat on the row behind her, on the flight CPH-LHR. Stunning girl!
Old Oct 30, 2005, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by patrikr
Sat on the row behind her, on the flight CPH-LHR. Stunning girl!
Not her!!!

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 30, 2005 at 5:31 pm
Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:41 am

Another addition to the celebrity thread.

I sat next to Andreas Wilson in the business lounge at ARN this afternoon (the Scandinavian lounge was closed for cleaning).

He is a young Swedish actor who played the main part in the film Ondskan (English title: Evil), quite a good movie IMO.

He was there with his girlfriend, only EBS, but he was travelling in C which is why he got lounge access (we were on the same flight to CDG).

And afterwards another op-up ARN-CDG to add to my records!! Yeah! ^
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Another addition to the celebrity thread.

I sat next to Andreas Wilson in the business lounge at ARN this afternoon (the Scandinavian lounge was closed for cleaning).

He is a young Swedish actor who played the main part in the film Ondskan (English title: Evil), quite a good movie IMO.

He was there with his girlfriend, only EBS, but he was travelling in C which is why he got lounge access (we were on the same flight to CDG).

You sneaked a peek at his BP???
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
You sneaked a peek at his BP???
Luggage tag...
Then afterwards we were on the same flight.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Luggage tag...
Then afterwards we were on the same flight.
He he. (Who would have a EBS tag on his bag?? )
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:48 am
esv

How do you do that? Are the CDG flights often overbooked? The only intra-EU op-up I scored last year was a domestic LH sector DUS-MUC (after an LTU flight was cancelled and all the LTU pax were rebooked with LH).
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by esv
How do you do that? Are the CDG flights often overbooked?
It's probably because I'm very good at this op-up thing...
All nice and charming, who wouldn't give me a comlimentary upgrade?

No seriously, mostly plain luck I guess.
Fully-booked economy, and I had the right card.
At CDG the French check-in/gate agents tend to prioritise people speaking French for an op-up.

The ARN/CPH-CDG flights are usually full on Fridays and Sunday, packed with weekend travellers and fewer premium passengers.
The Sunday flight CDG-CPH SK 566 at 11.05 for example is always full, every single week.
Those with top-tier FF-cards often bring their families, and obviously they don't upgrade a whole family, so if you're travelling alone with an EBG card any of those days, chances are fairly good.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Those with top-tier FF-cards often bring their families, and obviously they don't upgrade a whole family, so if you're travelling alone with an EBG card any of those days, chances are fairly good.
This is one of the most important things with op-ups:
1) Have an EBG
2) Travel alone (or if with someone then at least with separate PNRs)

And after that op-ups just keep coming ...
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:53 am
esv

Originally Posted by miikka
This is one of the most important things with op-ups:
1) Have an EBG
2) Travel alone (or if with someone then at least with separate PNRs)

And after that op-ups just keep coming ...
Nah, I have an EBG and often travel alone, but I've only got upgraded on SAS shorthaul once.

But I've been very lucky on intercontinental flights though, so I shall not complain.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Peter Mygind on Maersk Air

Slightly OT since it wasn't SK, but a few months back I spotted Peter Mygind (danish actor from Nicolaj og Julie and numerous danish films) on a Maersk Air flight CPH- GVA. The remarkable part was that he was seated in 'Small' which were tiny 29" pitch seats at the back.. And he's a kind of tall guy!

I wasn't getting any SK points, but at least i was in Medium myself!

-Dennis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.