Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Is SK stingy with reward flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
Angry Is SK stingy with reward flights?

I tried to book a reward flight by burning my *A miles on SK flights.
I could not find any single seat till the end of this year for BKK-CPH stretch.
How is it so?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:35 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
What about taking SQ via SIN or LH via FRA?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:51 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
bkk-cph

is always croweded.

as kiwi said, may be its the best to try another routing.

dp
Old Aug 2, 2005, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Its extremely hard finding award tickets CPH-BKK. SQ and LH is your best shot
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA, TG, SU
I heard of it before, but not a single seat is available.
Unbelievable!
The reason why I try to fly with SK is it is a night flight on a new A340. And departure time
in CPH could not suit me better. I may be able to sleep like a baby.
I do not know CPH-SIN-BKK on SQ is possible, 'cos SIN-BKK seems to me a backtracking. Which, as far as I know, is not allowed.
I would not give LH a try, after a recent unpleasant experience with the carrier.
I will have to choose CPH-VIE-BKK with OS, instead.
Originally Posted by tommy777
Its extremely hard finding award tickets CPH-BKK. SQ and LH is your best shot
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:04 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by inhiyu66
Don't know - but particular revenues flights to Sha/BJS they are.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:07 am
esv

Originally Posted by inhiyu66
I heard of it before, but not a single seat is available.
Unbelievable!
Thailand is an extremely popular winter escape destination among Scandinavians, as you have just seen.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 7:18 am

Well it shoudl not be somthing new and strange. An airline does not release award-seats on planes that will for sure be fully booked. They realease awardseats where the capacity allows so...
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Balboa
Well it shoudl not be somthing new and strange. An airline does not release award-seats on planes that will for sure be fully booked. They realease awardseats where the capacity allows so...

Excactly!

SAS actually does not release ANY seats on most of these flights. I have never found a single one..
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
Excactly!

SAS actually does not release ANY seats on most of these flights. I have never found a single one..
There are quite a few days available next year... But I agree, this is way too long in the future to start thinking about! But apparently they do have some available at least! (I previously thought it was a complete blackout on these routes)
Old Aug 5, 2005, 3:51 pm

There are some seats in economy but hardly never any seats from BKK-CPH, only from CPH-BKK. SAS dont have blackouts for what I know..only on some Norwegian line..I think it is TOS-LKl due to goverment cash-help..
Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:50 am

Programs: SK*G
BKK, yes, but KYE?

Well, I must say that I can understand that award availability to BKK is scarce and hard fought over. However, taking a look atSK's award availability chart, I discover that it is equally diffictult to find award availability for... wait for it... (take a guess while you're waiting)... wait for it... (did you make your guess yet?) wait for it... Lebanon! I find it difficult to believe that there's a rush of people wanting to spend their hard-sat points to KYE (OK, I needed to look that one up)!

Anyone have any clues as to why either (1) Everybody wants to go to Lebanon, or (2) why SK would reduce award avaiability for this particular route?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 3:27 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by morradi
Well, I must say that I can understand that award availability to BKK is scarce and hard fought over. However, taking a look atSK's award availability chart, I discover that it is equally diffictult to find award availability for... wait for it... (take a guess while you're waiting)... wait for it... (did you make your guess yet?) wait for it... Lebanon! I find it difficult to believe that there's a rush of people wanting to spend their hard-sat points to KYE (OK, I needed to look that one up)!

Anyone have any clues as to why either (1) Everybody wants to go to Lebanon, or (2) why SK would reduce award avaiability for this particular route?
What is KYE? KVS lists Lebanon/Beirut as BEY, and has no clue what KYE is... but yeah, a blackout for Lebanon might just simply mean that SK doesn't fly there...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:44 am

Programs: SK*G
Originally Posted by larsll
What is KYE? KVS lists Lebanon/Beirut as BEY, and has no clue what KYE is... but yeah, a blackout for Lebanon might just simply mean that SK doesn't fly there...
Whoops! I forgot about BEY(!) and just went for Tripoli, Lebanon instead. Of course, it should have been BEY... SK2827 would get you there from CPH, though...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ICAO IATA Location
HLLT TIP Tripoli [Intl], LY
OLBA BEY Beirut [Intl], LB
OLKA KYE Kleyate/Tripoli [Rene Mouawad AB], LB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.