Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Buying on board with EB points - charged extra x 2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold

Hi all

This is not important in the scheme of things, but I am confused about some recent transactions on my EB account and I hope there is an obvious explanation.

I am not a frequent flyer with SAS - I probably fly with them once every 2-3 years, including earlier this week. Nevertheless I am in the EB scheme and so earn a tiny amount of points from my travels. Because I will never accumulate enough to do anything significant, I decided to use the points to buy a glass of wine on board two of my recent flights (1 each way), because I had just a small amount more than required for this. I am sure this isn't the best use of points, but please don't tell me off for this!

Each time, I was charged the number of EB points as stated in the on board menu for wine (1,400) and then another transaction which each time completely cleared my points balance to zero.

So my account looks like this:

Opening balance 1,560 points

11.3.24 "SAS Eurobonus Airport Products" -1,400 points (OK, this is the wine)
11.3.24 "SAS Eurobonus Airport Products" -160 points (this is the unknown one, taking me down to zero)

-> balance is zero

11.3.24 Credit for flights taken +1,500 points

-> balance is 1,500 points

And the same on the return journey

17.3.24 "SAS Eurobonus Airport Products" -1,400 points (wine)
17.3.24 "SAS Eurobonus Airport Products" -100 points (different amount from before, again taking me down exactly to zero)

-> balance is currently zero as those flights from Sunday haven't credited more points yet

I don't want to bother raising this with SAS, but why was I charged an extra transaction of -160 or -100 points each time, on top of what the menu said, to clear my account out each time?

My husband has exactly the same on his account so it isn't just me. Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would just drop customer service an email to get it fixed.
gingerlucy likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would just drop customer service an email to get it fixed.
OK, since I have already typed most of it out above, I might as well try.

If you had said that it's normal for taxes or some kind of EB surcharge, I would not have bothered. But I guess if I can get it fixed easily that will be 20% of the way to my next glass of wine, probably in 2 years' time.

Thank you!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:09 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
It makes sense to complain. With a bit of lack they will find a system glitch and fix it also for many others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.