Search

SAS App Earn by flight segment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:46 pm
Original Poster
Carlson Contributor Badge

SAS App Earn by flight segment

Updated:

After testing the SK app earn by segment, if you have elite status with another SA airline, you will still be put in group 1 after you put it in, if not, group 2 in SAS Plus or 3/4/5 based on your ticket.

Wifi access is the only thing you miss if you choose to credit it to another airline cuz the free wifi access for gold and above is linked in the booking before boarding the plane.

I tried now crediting by segment to TK A3 and UA, all worked like a charm, and after you insert a new Frequent number, the boarding pass will update immediately to FQTV with your status with respective airline , the only thing I noticed was the segment I tried to credit to SK will take several days to post.

Below is my original post
-----------------------------------
Anyone testing the best way to register for EB benefits while earning points with other SA companies?

If you register with the flight option in SAS app you can have different FFP number per flight segment even, you get points according to the segment that is registered, does this feature as planned or still most times points will only go to SAS? Is it possible to ask customer service to give back points earned and then register for missing points for the ticket after x number of days?

Last edited by Konismarck; Mar 27, 2024 at 3:39 pm
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would probably just register the program you want to earn with in the booking and then show your card to get the benefits. The only place where this will be a challenge is for seat selection. But the risk of registering the SK number for seat selection, and the points going there no matter what you do afterwards would probably be quite high, so I'd suggest to avoid it.

Don't try the one number for benefits and one number for earning process. Too few agents will know how to do it.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I just show the card and credit to the OAL. I've tried to use separate numbers per-flight a few times and it's hit or miss. Once miles have been credited I haven't been able to get SK to reverse them.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
I just show the card and credit to the OAL. I've tried to use separate numbers per-flight a few times and it's hit or miss. Once miles have been credited I haven't been able to get SK to reverse them.
I believe you can try to ask them to unregister the points once it has been credited so you can credit it with the right airline?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Konismarck
Updated:

After testing the SK app earn by segment, if you have elite status with another SA airline, you will still be put in group 1 after you put it in, if not, group 2 in SAS Plus or 3/4/5 based on your ticket.

Wifi access is the only thing you miss if you choose to credit it to another airline cuz the free wifi access for gold and above is linked in the booking before boarding the plane.

I tried now crediting by segment to TK A3 and UA, all worked like a charm, and after you insert a new Frequent number, the boarding pass will update immediately to FQTV with your status with respective airline , the only thing I noticed was the segment I tried to credit to SK will take several days to post.

Below is my original post
-----------------------------------
Anyone testing the best way to register for EB benefits while earning points with other SA companies?

If you register with the flight option in SAS app you can have different FFP number per flight segment even, you get points according to the segment that is registered, does this feature as planned or still most times points will only go to SAS? Is it possible to ask customer service to give back points earned and then register for missing points for the ticket after x number of days?

One more thing is if you are diamond with SK, you won't be able to use the free same day flight change benefit either, as that is SAS diamond only benefits, and it has to be registered in your booking.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I believe you can try to ask them to unregister the points once it has been credited so you can credit it with the right airline?
That is a quite iffy process, and no guarantee it is ever going to happen. I would not rely on that approach.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I've never had any success doing that
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.