Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges with SAS plus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
At Heathrow, SK generally depart from gates A23-26 in T2A, i.e. the main part of the terminal, but early morning departures from LHR can depart from the B gates in T2B, i.e. the satellite accessed by the underground travellators.

(This is because T2A is almost exclusively used by narrow-body flights, and T2B is generally used by widebodies. At the end of each day, after the last bank of widebodies departs the terminal fills up with night-stopping narrowbody aircraft, which causes SK to spill over into T2B).
@Notagoldmember and partner may have a gate in T2B, where the AC/SQ/UA lounges might be in play. But in the first instance, SAS Plus in Europe departing from LHR-T2 should give you access the the LH Business lounge (but not the inner Senator Lounge), which is located in T2A.
Thank you, that's very helpful and I'll keep an eye out on check-in. If it is B, I'll have to look at which of AC/SQ/UA does the best breakfast
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: SK Gold
Can I piggyback on this thread and ask if Plus get fast track at LHR? I'm Gold so I realize I'm not used to think about this, but I'll be traveling in Plus with someone (a lot of people) on separate bookings.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by sykkelthor
Can I piggyback on this thread and ask if Plus get fast track at LHR? I'm Gold so I realize I'm not used to think about this, but I'll be traveling in Plus with someone (a lot of people) on separate bookings.
When are you flying? I'm going to try, and have no status so if we don't get a definitive answer beforehand I'll let you know next week when I get back!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by Notagoldmember
When are you flying?
Thanks! I'm not traveling until late May. Heck, if I'm really lucky SAS will have left SA by then and my gold card will mean absolutely nothing rendering me as status less as my traveling companions.

Last edited by sykkelthor; Mar 5, 2024 at 8:18 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by Notagoldmember
When are you flying? I'm going to try, and have no status so if we don't get a definitive answer beforehand I'll let you know next week when I get back!
For info, the Star Alliance Fast Track at LHR-T2 doesn't open as early as the main security checkpoint. I think the Fast Track opens at 05.30 or 06.00. In the past, it wasn't quite early enough for me to get a leisurely breakfast in the lounge before the first wave of departures started boarding.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by sykkelthor
Yes, Plus without status gives you Fast Track.
sykkelthor likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Piggybacking... So SAS Plus would be able to access the LX J lounges at ZRH?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:12 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
yes it should
GoSh4rks likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Plus in Europe is business and you have access to *A lounges, so LH, SQ, AC etc at LHR. There’s just one lounge in ARN which is for domestic and international flights which you’ll also have access to. On the return as you exit Schengen for LHR, I’d go straight to the gate as the lounge is a decent walk from the gates (~10min). Not that it matters here but SK doesn’t provide lounge access in locations without *A lounges.

Plus long haul is premium economy and as such you only have access to SKs own lounges which are far and few in between.
If OP can access *A lounges when flying Plus, and the departure is from T2B, from what someone was mentioning here, there is a United Club there as well, which I would recommend.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:52 am

I promised to report back, so here goes. Check in was interesting, the app wouldn’t let me change seats so had to use the website to do that, then go back to the app to save passes on the phone. Went for A and C seats and had the middle seat free on all 4 flights, so glad we didn’t waste money on seat fees!

We got to T2 around 5.15, printed out paper boarding passes at the machine and went straight to security. Fast track was open by then and no problem getting access. The flight was from 2A, so we went to the LX lounge. As has been said, no mention of lounge access by SK but our passes got us waved in. LX lounge was quiet and had good (machine) coffee and a decent breakfast spread so just what we wanted at that time.

Boarding was on time, started with groups 1 and 2 together. Very light load. Service was efficient but not particularly friendly, got the usual breakfast box but just ate the yoghurt. Transfer in ARN was easy, no wait at passport control or transfer security so in the lounge in 15 mins. The SK lounge is pretty poor, just odd creamy salads as the food offering and a small selection of drinks. Old, threadbare chairs. Guess it reflects their financial position. Boarding on time again, very full flight so glad we got priority boarding to get our bags in the overhead. Despite OH’s concerns, at no point did anyone check size or weight of our hand luggage. Service on this flight very friendly, offered a sandwich but asked for snacks from the menu instead and given them with a smile.

on the way back the KRN ARN flight left 20 mins late and then had to divert for military exercises, turning a 40 minute connection into a 20 minute one. The flight crew were proactive about announcing the gate numbers for connections and asked everyone not on a tight connection to stay seated. I had put us in row 1 to facilitate a quick exit so not sure how well that worked, but another couple from go did make it up to stand behind us so some people were nice. A quick sprint from E to F via passport control and we made it with the doors closing after us and the other couple from the same flight. Final flight was another light load, served a smoked salmon salad thing but I was also given nuts and chocolate when I asked.

So all in all a very good set of flights, I felt it was good value for money and we got what we expected. Staff generally very good, food crap. And the northern lights were spectacular 😃
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:24 am

LHR access with Plus bonus ticket

Finally got the opportunity to use some of my bonus points, but am unsure of one thing concerning lounge access: travelling OSL-LHR-OSL, Eurobonus award ticket in Plus. Booking shows lounge access in Oslo, but not at LHR. Have previously used Lufthansa lounge, but have travelled paid booking class C, and have had at least gold status in Eurobonus. My gold runs out just before I travel, and booking class for bonus tickets is showing as I. Do I still get lounge access at LHR?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can use the UA/SQ/LH lounges in LHR without issues.
Vardomannen likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:46 am

Thank you oliver2002!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Vardomannen
Finally got the opportunity to use some of my bonus points, but am unsure of one thing concerning lounge access: travelling OSL-LHR-OSL, Eurobonus award ticket in Plus. Booking shows lounge access in Oslo, but not at LHR. Have previously used Lufthansa lounge, but have travelled paid booking class C, and have had at least gold status in Eurobonus. My gold runs out just before I travel, and booking class for bonus tickets is showing as I. Do I still get lounge access at LHR?
To be clear, don’t expect staff at checkin to tell you anything at all or to direct you to the LH lounge, whereas all three *A lounges at the B gates are also available if you don’t mind the schlep there and back.
Vardomannen likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:20 am

SQ lounge at LHR is closed at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.