Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges with SAS plus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by tr3k
Lounge access availability is listed in the booking on the SAS website.
No it isn't. In the booking it says "Where available" but it doesn't say anything about what the actual availability is.
fwfdan, view and PanAmSam like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by roberino
No it isn't. In the booking it says "Where available" but it doesn't say anything about what the actual availability is.
IME it doesn’t even say that ex-LHR.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
I think that is what I said... Plus does not get access to partner lounges.

I was actually trying to address the following statement and the part of the statement I bolded is incorrect - it is SK lounges only, no Star lounges. (I might not have been clear)
As pointed out by others, but it isn't incorrect. European Plus = "business class" = lounge access. Long haul Plus = premium economy = access only to SK lounges (which is quite clear on the website) (https://www.flysas.com/en/fly-with-u.../ticket-types/) - in fact if you look under travel classes it doesn't even say lounge access for long haul. E+ not having lounge access to *A lounges across the network is consistent across the alliance.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: SKD, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I think it is quite clear that lounge access for Plus is only at SK operated lounges, as Premium Economy is not covered by Star Alliance lounge policy.
Yes - I have a booking ARN-DUB return in plus (and being SAS diamond/*A Gold). On my booking at the SAS web site, it shows lounge access on my outbound flight from ARN but nothing about lounge access on my inbound flight from DUB.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
As pointed out by others, but it isn't incorrect. European Plus = "business class" = lounge access. Long haul Plus = premium economy = access only to SK lounges (which is quite clear on the website) (https://www.flysas.com/en/fly-with-u.../ticket-types/) - in fact if you look under travel classes it doesn't even say lounge access for long haul. E+ not having lounge access to *A lounges across the network is consistent across the alliance.
The picture I posted above is from inline purchase process for a one-way flight non-stop IAD-CPH. It says "lounge access (where available)" - no links to say what "where available" means and that there actually is no access. It should be easy enough for a statement that says "SK Lounge access".

The point the OP made was it was not clear. There have been posts saying what it says on *A site, other places on SK site (though I disagree it is EVER clear it is SK only). And *A is not selling the ticket so the saying to look on the *A site and that it is quite clear what *A access is on their site is just forcing people to look in places that make really no sense. This is FT we all know about alliances and how lounges work. I know MANY people who barely know what airline they are flying let alone what alliance they are in (or even what an alliance is....)

If I search the internet for lounges IAD I find that SK uses the LH lounge. I know it is business class only but some people might not fully understand that when it says "where available" when they purchased their ticket.

Not trying to be argumentative, and when I saw "where available" I did further research but they should be VERY clear that for SAS Plus lounge access is SK Lounges only long haul. Their lounge network is not huge so it would not be a problem for them to put an ***SK Lounges for Plus passengers on flights to/from the US/Asia available in ORD, EWR, CPH, ARN (and so on...)

Further research should not be required. That is just my humble opinion.
PanAmSam and nanneboy like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If I search the internet for lounges IAD I find that SK uses the LH lounge. I know it is business class only but some people might not fully understand that when it says "where available" when they purchased their ticket.
Not limited to the fact that you can also use the TK lounge which has better coffee and food to add to the confusion.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Not limited to the fact that you can also use the TK lounge which has better coffee and food to add to the confusion.
We had Priority Pass though our Hilton AMEX. Dulles was the BEST place to use it with four clubs (AF, VS, TK, LH) - AF with Taittinger champagne. TK with decent food and nice bar. PP ends tomorrow

We are flying in late spring (our Plus on SK) and if we are not able to upgrade to business will just have to hit Vino Volo Wine bar instead! If upgrade works for us we will finally be able to hit Polaris lounge... it opened right after I stopped traveling for business and have not flown *A eastbound TATL since well before covid.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:00 am

Lounges with SAS plus

The husband and I are travelling SaS plus LHR to Kiruna via Stockholm on Friday. New experience for me, only chose plus because there was very little difference in price so I don’t have high expectations!

The LHR ARN is a 6.40 am flight. Is there a lounge at T2 we’ll be allowed to use which is open early? Looking at the breakfast offerings I’d like to get some breakfast in the airport if we can. With SaS’s current position I’m not sure if it’s still possible to use the *A lounges, and if they are included in European plus fares.

Also, on we way out we have a 1h35 connection in Stockholm which I assume should be fine. Is there a domestic lounge there if we have time? But on the way back the connection is 40mins. What are the chances of us making the connection? Hoping to be hand luggage only assuming SaS are not inclined to weigh hand luggage too exactly.

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The Lufthansa Business Lounge should be the easiest option in LHR.

At ARN you can use the SAS Lounge in both directions, given you have enough time.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Notagoldmember
The husband and I are travelling SaS plus LHR to Kiruna via Stockholm on Friday. New experience for me, only chose plus because there was very little difference in price so I don’t have high expectations!

The LHR ARN is a 6.40 am flight. Is there a lounge at T2 we’ll be allowed to use which is open early? Looking at the breakfast offerings I’d like to get some breakfast in the airport if we can. With SaS’s current position I’m not sure if it’s still possible to use the *A lounges, and if they are included in European plus fares.

Also, on we way out we have a 1h35 connection in Stockholm which I assume should be fine. Is there a domestic lounge there if we have time? But on the way back the connection is 40mins. What are the chances of us making the connection? Hoping to be hand luggage only assuming SaS are not inclined to weigh hand luggage too exactly.

Thanks for any help!
Originally Posted by Jainzar
The Lufthansa Business Lounge should be the easiest option in LHR.

At ARN you can use the SAS Lounge in both directions, given you have enough time.

My understanding is that SK Plus only have access to SK lounges and not partner / contract / *A lounges. I am looking from long haul perspective (specifically from the US) so I might be mistaken on intra Europe.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:10 am

My understanding is that SK Plus only have access to SK lounges and not partner / contract / *A lounges. I am looking from long haul perspective (specifically from the US) so I might be mistaken on intra Europe.
This is exactly whats confusing me! I’ve variously read that it’s SK only, *A for only intra-Europe flights (Not sure if that means Schengen?) , or SK and *A worldwide. On the booking and website it just says “lounge where available” which isnt exactly crystal clear 🤷‍♀️
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Notagoldmember
This is exactly whats confusing me! I’ve variously read that it’s SK only, *A for only intra-Europe flights (Not sure if that means Schengen?) , or SK and *A worldwide. On the booking and website it just says “lounge where available” which isnt exactly crystal clear 🤷‍♀️
Sorry if I made it worse... I have not seen the language about *A on the SK site but now that you mention it I might recall someone posting that from when I was looking a few months ago! But I am only flying US to CPH/OSL/ARN.

If nothing I am proving myself not very knowledgeable of SK!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:16 pm

Plus in Europe is business and you have access to *A lounges, so LH, SQ, AC etc at LHR. There’s just one lounge in ARN which is for domestic and international flights which you’ll also have access to. On the return as you exit Schengen for LHR, I’d go straight to the gate as the lounge is a decent walk from the gates (~10min). Not that it matters here but SK doesn’t provide lounge access in locations without *A lounges.

Plus long haul is premium economy and as such you only have access to SKs own lounges which are far and few in between.
fwfdan, Notagoldmember and Tomas E like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
Bear in mind that at LHR checkin they likely won’t tell you about lounge availability at all. But the LX lounge (and indeed the *A lounges at the B-gate pier, although the latter are probably too far away) are indeed available.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:26 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by HogwartsExpress
Bear in mind that at LHR checkin they likely won’t tell you about lounge availability at all. But the LX lounge (and indeed the *A lounges at the B-gate pier, although the latter are probably too far away) are indeed available.
At Heathrow, SK generally depart from gates A23-26 in T2A, i.e. the main part of the terminal, but early morning departures from LHR can depart from the B gates in T2B, i.e. the satellite accessed by the underground travellators.

(This is because T2A is almost exclusively used by narrow-body flights, and T2B is generally used by widebodies. At the end of each day, after the last bank of widebodies departs the terminal fills up with night-stopping narrowbody aircraft, which causes SK to spill over into T2B).
@Notagoldmember and partner may have a gate in T2B, where the AC/SQ/UA lounges might be in play. But in the first instance, SAS Plus in Europe departing from LHR-T2 should give you access the the LH Business lounge (but not the inner Senator Lounge), which is located in T2A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.