Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destination unknown

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Destination unknown

Quite a fun campaign

Sign up for a lottery for 30,000 point return journey to an undefined destination.

I might actually sign up.

the810 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, EBS, HH Silver
Pretty interesting offer,

I just received the same being Sweden based.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Just got the same now. I wonder if that is their way of running down their liabilities while getting to tell a plane full of EB members that they are doomed to eternal damnation in ScrapTeam from next month?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:40 am

Am I missing something? This must surely just be for "fun".

Intra-EU Y is 30k, and if it is EB only, then bound to be s/h aircraft. Maybe I am cynical but this is nothing but a marketing stunt - I am sure service onboard will be more Plus-like but the prospect of this is fairly horrifying (to me). I assume it will also be to a destination that has significant available hotel capacity. But imagine some length to flights, maybe PMI as it'll be a bit of winter sun?

I assume someone (as I guess it'll many be flight geeks) will start checking destinations where SK has filed an additional flight.

And whilst initially I thought this was a liability exercise it would hardly make a dent on the books...
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:58 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If SK would invest as much in their fundamental problems as in the ........ their marketing department comes up they might have a future.

This seems really inappropriate for a company still coming out of Chapter 11.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:14 am

Like a friend of mine said when hearing about this: so it's a bit like flying in the north of Norway during wintertime then.
the810 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:19 am

I received a mail too,i'm Düsseldorf based so it probably means that the feeder flights will be included.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Netherlines
I received a mail too,i'm Düsseldorf based so it probably means that the feeder flights will be included.
It says CPH to unknown. Anything in addition is your interpretation or hope.
SKT-DK and gojko88 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Got that too. CPH-MMX maybe?
DeninDK and the810 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Netherlines
Keep dreaming - I received it being based in BKK, and I sincerely doubt they will throw in a BKK-CPH-BKK for free
RanChin and the810 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Am I missing something? This must surely just be for "fun".

Intra-EU Y is 30k, and if it is EB only, then bound to be s/h aircraft. Maybe I am cynical but this is nothing but a marketing stunt - I am sure service onboard will be more Plus-like but the prospect of this is fairly horrifying (to me).
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

No one travels in Plus for the seat or the food . Peak EBD experience on intra-Europe flights is SAS Go/economy with free drinks and an empty seat next to you...I can buy my own pizza.

A plane filled to the brim with people all going to the same hotel doesn't sound fun at all 😞

But I think it is cool that they try new marketing approaches. For those lookong forward to it, I hope you get a seat and have a wonderful time. 🙌😁🙏
DeninDK likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Quite a fun campaign

Sign up for a lottery for 30,000 point return journey to an undefined destination.

I might actually sign up.

Sorry to quote a big image, but I noticed that CPH-Flyer 's app says the flight departs "Sun, 05 May after 00:00" ... perhaps since then it has been fixed to read "Fri, 5 Apr around 09:00"

Does 30,000 points include connecting flights to get to and from CPH? Because if, not this is basically a DK-exclusive promotion. I'm not sure I can get to CPH before 09:30 from my home airport. Might have been more engaging for EB members to offer 3 flights from ARN, OSL and CPH.

No mention of passports, visas or the availability of Business Class, so it must be a short-haul destination somewhere within the EU. Probably BCN, PMI or somewhere predictable and sunny.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
A plane filled to the brim with people all going to the same hotel doesn't sound fun at all 😞
The app states "Accommodation offers will be available", so that is unlikely, and neither is it included in the 30 000 points.
dark_phoenix likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
I think this is a fun little campaign, and if i could travel with a kid, i would be up for it. I place my bet on malaga or barcelona.
dark_phoenix likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Sorry to quote a big image, but I noticed that CPH-Flyer 's app says the flight departs "Sun, 05 May after 00:00" ... perhaps since then it has been fixed to read "Fri, 5 Apr around 09:00"

Does 30,000 points include connecting flights to get to and from CPH? Because if, not this is basically a DK-exclusive promotion. I'm not sure I can get to CPH before 09:30 from my home airport. Might have been more engaging for EB members to offer 3 flights from ARN, OSL and CPH.

No mention of passports, visas or the availability of Business Class, so it must be a short-haul destination somewhere within the EU. Probably BCN, PMI or somewhere predictable and sunny.
It has been fixed in my app to show April 5 both in image and text

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.