Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Merged 24h Cancellation & Refunds Support Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2024, 1:44 am
Original Poster

I recently made a booking for 3 people and one had to cancel. When that person logged into SAS to cancel just their flight, all 3 peoples flights were cancelled, so we needed to buy new flights for them which of course cost a lot more as it was the next day, so we lost over 1500 euros! SAS is saying it is our fault but we cannot remember seeing all three peoples name when we cancelled. Therefore, we are looking for help from someone who has screenshots from SAS site - to see what is the screen is when you go to cancel the flight for one person in a group booking. Did we have to click all 3 peoples names or was it automatic. Please can someone help.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:21 am

Programs: EB
You sure your friend didn't cancel the entire booking?

You can always book a flex ticket and see how it looks. Free cancellations (for normal bookings free cancellations 24h).
Old Jan 22, 2024, 2:44 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
I mean, in all honesty, a call would have saved you all the trouble. A customer service agent could have separated the pax, and then cancelled only the ticket for 1 person. I would always imagine that online cancellation would cancel the whole thing, don't know why your friend thought otherwise.
SKT-DK and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You have to split off the one pax before cancelling... the system doesn't give you an option to just cancel one passenger if there are multiple people in one reservation record.
SKT-DK, diokan, CPH-Flyer and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum Pro; Hilton - Gold
Just my two cents: I imagine you won't find any policies/concrete results in your favor on this (it's pretty standard that you can't separate out a single passenger to cancel a group itinerary, given that sometimes special pricing is given for fares booked together - can't speak to SAS on this specifically though). That said, I think your best bet is going to be finding a sympathetic customer service representative as opposed to trying to strong-arm them with evidence (purely because I doubt you'll find evidence).
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:54 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
As unfortunate as this is for OP, there really isn't much to do, as this is very obviously the fault of the companion cancelling the whole ticket.

As the previous posters have mentioned, when a booking includes several passengers, there is no way to cancel the booking for just one passenger. For this you would need to call and have the booking split.

As for the screenshots you are asking for, I quickly made a dummy booking to show this, but the website really doesn't leave a lot of room for interpretation when cancelling a flight:

It does even specifically list all the passengers and flights of the booking, clearly indicating that all of those will be cancelled.

CPH-Flyer and oliver2002 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.