Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Checked bags on overnight layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Flying SAS Plus SFO-MXP with a 16 hour layover (4PM to 8AM) in CPH. Single ticket, ticketed on SAS, all SAS metal. Will SAS check the bags all the way through to MXP or require us to pick them up in CPH for the duration of the layover? We're checking two large bike bags and plan to take the train into the city for the night, so would really rather not have to deal with them.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Check-through is the standard procedure.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:07 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
As long as the layover is not longer than 24 hrs through-check would not be an issue - so you should be safe
Old Sep 16, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
If someone is connecting overnight at CPH, can they retrieve the bag for the overnight stop?

Ie say land at CPH from SFO at 12.55pm and fly onwards the next day at 11am.

Am I right in assuming that pax will get their bag at CPH and then can recheck the next day?
Old Sep 16, 2023, 4:42 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by chris1979
If someone is connecting overnight at CPH, can they retrieve the bag for the overnight stop?

Ie say land at CPH from SFO at 12.55pm and fly onwards the next day at 11am.

Am I right in assuming that pax will get their bag at CPH and then can recheck the next day?
Yes, you can get the bag, with a layover under 24h bags are usually checked through. You will therefore have to mention to only check the bag until CPH at your departure airport while dropping off the bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.