Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:10 am

A whole lot better on SK 1549 back to AMS,friendly crew,my usual bottle of red wine and excellent working wifi on SE-ROU as we're about to descent into Schiphol for probably another Polderbaan landing.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:05 am

Great Cityjet crew yesterday on SK 1622 from Düsseldorf to Copenhagen.

Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:02 pm

A bumpy ride home on SK 549 this Sunday evening.Again the boring roastbeef box but other than that nothing to complain about,the Connect crew nice as ever and the flight arrived on time.

Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Agree the staff are fine. But the product itself is truly bad. On a full flight there’s little comfort to be had Food was ok for LHR-CPH, but once you hit short haul flights like to OSL you end up with a really limited choice of drinks and food, and some awful sandwich as the snack.

I’ll avoid it if at all possible in future.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:23 pm

Another hop down to Amsterdam on SK 549 this Sunday evening.
The shrimp salad was pretty nice and the atmosphere relaxed as the flight was poorly booked as usual.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:10 am

Another day trip to CPH yesterday(wednesday)

EI--SIK(SK549) on duty for the leg back to AMS with 120 out of the 180 seats taken according to expertflyer which is above average for this flight.
Excellent Connect crew but the veal is definately not my favorite mealbox.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yeah, veal is probably the weakest option. I like the SAS Connect flights. The tiny differences make them pleasant comparing to CityJet.
FlyingMoose likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
Looking at booking SAS Plus Europe for a trip from LHR, just to confirm it comes with lounge access? I don't fly in the Star Alliance system so don't have access otherwise. Thank you for your help!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rmp_king
Looking at booking SAS Plus Europe for a trip from LHR, just to confirm it comes with lounge access? I don't fly in the Star Alliance system so don't have access otherwise. Thank you for your help!
It does come with lounge access. If before 31.08.2024 that is very clear, post 31.08.2024 we are waiting for clarity on what will happen in terms of lounge and terminal as SK will leave Star Alliance as of 01.09.2024.
rmp_king and VRFast like this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It does come with lounge access. If before 31.08.2024 that is very clear, post 31.08.2024 we are waiting for clarity on what will happen in terms of lounge and terminal as SK will leave Star Alliance as of 01.09.2024.
But as I've said many times before, don't expect this to be mentioned prominently, if at all. Depending on which platform you use to look at your booking you may see no mention of lounge access whatsoever. At checkin staff may mention the Lufthansa lounge or (more often) mention nothing at all. I've never had checkin staff mention the *A lounges at the B-gates.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by HogwartsExpress
But as I've said many times before, don't expect this to be mentioned prominently, if at all. Depending on which platform you use to look at your booking you may see no mention of lounge access whatsoever. At checkin staff may mention the Lufthansa lounge or (more often) mention nothing at all. I've never had checkin staff mention the *A lounges at the B-gates.
It is pretty clearly listed on the website that lounge access is included in general, though it may be a bit more hazy on the exact airports and lounges. It will be pretty easy to spot if there is a change in overall policy.

The SK check in staff at Heathrow will never mention the B lounges, the designated lounge is the Lufthansa lounge. In a similar vein, when I check in with JAL in T3 they don't mention the Cathay, Qantas, and AA lounges, but just give directions to the BA lounge.

And if the check-in staff does not mention anything about which lounge, it is not forbidden to ask. That being said, I like the JAL principle of always printing on the boarding pass if there is lounge access on the departure.
VRFast likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is pretty clearly listed on the website that lounge access is included in general, though it may be a bit more hazy on the exact airports and lounges. It will be pretty easy to spot if there is a change in overall policy. .
It has been specifically hazy (in fact absent) in bookings ex LHR for a long time (despite lots of people confidently asserting that it's there based on a guess or general sense of how things should be). I just checked my booking ex LHR for Sept 1st and there is no mention of it on either website or mobile app, and I'm certain this isn't down to the transition to Sky Team. Lounge access in CPH (I am transiting to OSL) is mentioned as one would expect.

Nonetheless this is all moot come September I guess, at least until there is a terminal change at LHR which one supposes will happen at some point. Before that I am assuming that lounge access is out of the question.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:21 am

Interestingly (?) fast track ex LHR is still listed on the booking, although I’d bet this doesn’t pan out as - per the other thread - I’m pretty sure Fast Track at T2 is *A branded. (Edit: according to at least one other poster I stand corrected).

Last edited by HogwartsExpress; Apr 11, 2024 at 3:33 am
Old Apr 22, 2024, 1:25 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
I forgot to take a picture yesterday of the Gold Track sign at LHR T2 as I was already late for my flight, but it did say "Gold Track" and "Fast Track" and the language suggested that it wasn't just for S* Gold.

And in any case, these days the airport staff frequently opens the door on the side to fill up the line with non-Fast/Gold Track passengers. So it's lost a fair bit of its value as a time saver.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Ended up getting a comp upgrade on my LHR-ARN segment from Go to Plus (third time this has happened in five weeks). I actually did try and get my old seat back because the upgrade was to middle seat in Plus, but they had already reallocated my seat.

Swedish crew, no wifi, salmon onboard. Crew were pleasant enough. Refills and snacks outside of the serving time window not a problem. I couldn't get a pizza as there were a limited amount on board according to the purser.

Overall fine with the trip. Realise that a good idea for SAS app improvement would be an upgrade notification.
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.