Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Europe [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Just discovered an interesting example of theoretical seating on a FRA-CPH flight on Thursday. I’m in 4C, and according to ExpertFlyer, both 4A and 4B have been blocked. The same “row-block” has been applied to a couple of other passengers, but for most, only the middle seat is blocked.

In the SAS app, all the blocked seats appear free to me, so these are indeed soft blocks and not due to faulty seats or weight balancing or what not.

It’s a pretty big cabin - 10 rows, with rows 7-10 still being completely empty, and 1-6 lightly filled. My guess is that diamonds are getting the “double block” and golds the blocked middle seat.
I don't think so. I've more than once seen blocked seats in expert flyer, without any seats in the row being occupied, and during check-in all the seats were available in the SAS APP.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
I don't think so. I've more than once seen blocked seats in expert flyer, without any seats in the row being occupied, and during check-in all the seats were available in the SAS APP.
Do you have status with SAS? My assumption is that gold and above can override the seat blocks - hence, they appear free in the app. To everyone else, the blocked seats appear as occupied.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Do you have status with SAS? My assumption is that gold and above can override the seat blocks - hence, they appear free in the app. To everyone else, the blocked seats appear as occupied.
My comment is about the soft block you claim to see in Expertflyer. I have no clue why there are blocked seats in Expert flyer, but I have more than once seen seats being blocked in Expertflyer without any seats in that row being occupied. Those blocked seats doesn't make sense from a soft block point of view.

And yes I have Diamond status for the 6th year in a row, and I have never seen the seats next to be being blocked in Expertflyer.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
My comment is about the soft block you claim to see in Expertflyer. I have no clue why there are blocked seats in Expert flyer, but I have more than once seen seats being blocked in Expertflyer without any seats in that row being occupied. Those blocked seats doesn't make sense from a soft block point of view.

And yes I have Diamond status for the 6th year in a row, and I have never seen the seats next to be being blocked in Expertflyer.
All I can say is this: when I compare the seat maps in ExpertFlyer and the SAS app for this particular flight, the occupied seats match up (including my own). And in addition, EF displays a lot of seat blocks that, to me in the SAS app, appear as free. I have also frequently seen the seat next to me being blocked in EF on other occasions.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As an infrequent SK flyer this may well be par for the course for all I know, but when I try to select seats for a couple of upcoming intra-European flights I get the following error message, no matter which seat I pick:

"Unfortunately, one or more requested seats are already occupied. Please choose different seat(s)"

Huh?

Both seat maps are wide-open, zero occupied seats on the outbound, only one on the return.

Johan
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by johan rebel
As an infrequent SK flyer this may well be par for the course for all I know, but when I try to select seats for a couple of upcoming intra-European flights I get the following error message, no matter which seat I pick:

"Unfortunately, one or more requested seats are already occupied. Please choose different seat(s)"

Huh?

Both seat maps are wide-open, zero occupied seats on the outbound, only one on the return.

Johan
Row 1 and 2?

Then it can be an indication that they need those seats for politicians or members of the royal families.

Can also just be an error.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Row 1 and 2?.
Rows 1 & 2 on the return, but on the outbound the seat map shows rows 1 - 8, with not a single seat taken.

Johan
Old Dec 22, 2019, 9:03 am

I've seen this error a couple of times the last couple of months. Normally it's gone they day after. Didn't check a couple of hours later.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've seen this error a couple of times the last couple of months. Normally it's gone they day after. Didn't check a couple of hours later.
Thanks.

Flights are months away, I have plenty of time to try again.

Edit: won't be trying again, as I've canceled the whole itinerary after one (AA) segment was canceled by the airline with no suitable alternative offered.

Johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Dec 23, 2019 at 11:50 am
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Beverages in Plus

Merry Christmas
When you travel in SAS Plus on domestic flights within Norway, you can only choose ONE alcoholic beverage free of charge. Is it the same on the European flights, f ex CDG to ARN ???
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
There was no stated restriction on alcoholic beverages on my recent AMS-OSL flight.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sueco6
Merry Christmas
When you travel in SAS Plus on domestic flights within Norway, you can only choose ONE alcoholic beverage free of charge. Is it the same on the European flights, f ex CDG to ARN ???
No. There seems to be a special case for Norwegian donestic, this has been reported a couple of times. I don't know if it is stated somewhere in writing.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: *G
Unless they've changed it recently they have a similar limitation on some holiday destinations (such as PMI, AGP), where only 3 alcoholic beverages are included.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Would you have to order all three at once? Because after the first round of beverage service the waitresses usually go in hiding / hibernation and its impossible to get a 2nd let alone a 3rd drink served.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Would you have to order all three at once? Because after the first round of beverage service the waitresses usually go in hiding / hibernation and its impossible to get a 2nd let alone a 3rd drink served.
I'm not sure what you do to the crew since they seems to be trying to hide from you, but on insideflyer.dk there is a recent article praising the SK crew on both legs on a flight CPH-MAL. And insideflyer.dk normally don't publish anything which is remotely positive for SK. They always find a way to turn anything good about SK into being something negative, but not this time.

Last but not least. Above your head there is a button you can push if you want something from the crew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.