Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Plus Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
As of early December, this hadn't changed. Must be quite the water leak that can't be fixed in 3 months.
It had changed in late December. There were normal glasses, cutlery and plates between Christmas and New Year, and in January.
gojko88 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LAX
For non *G pax traveling in Plus, there will be no lounge access at airports where SK doesn't have its own lounge, correct?

LAX
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Correct.
Really? When did this change? I’ve definitely had access to Star Alliance lounges before short-hauls in SAS Plus before I was *G.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 1:07 pm

What is the lounge access policy when multiple lounges from different carriers are available at the same airport? It is my understanding that a passenger flying SAS carrying *A Gold can access the Star Alliance lounge. Would they be able to access also other carrier-specific lounges such as LH Business/Senator or Maple Leaf?
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ballerin
What is the lounge access policy when multiple lounges from different carriers are available at the same airport? It is my understanding that a passenger flying SAS carrying *A Gold can access the Star Alliance lounge. Would they be able to access also other carrier-specific lounges such as LH Business/Senator or Maple Leaf?
You can access any Star Alliance Gold branded lounge in an airport. E.g. in Heathrow you can access Lufthansa business and Senator, Air Canada, United Club, and Singapore Airlines Silver Kris lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 2:31 am

SAS Plus cabin bulkhead row

I’m booked in SAS PE - 3 adults 1 child 1 teen -CPH-BKK and return. Want to book front row (fee payable) for the extra legroom and leg rest in this row (as opposed to footrest in other rows). No seats booked at all in this cabin atm, but the 2 central aisle seats and 2 window seats - A,C,F and H - in the bulkhead row are showing as blocked on Seat Alerts. Can anyone tell me where the bassinet position is located in this cabin? I’m considering booking some of the available seats in the front row (eg B, D,E) as a placeholder and then hopefully securing adjacent seats once these open up (T-72??) but would prefer not to book next to bassinet seat. SAS CS
couldn’t help. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
zvjlawrence The bassinets are removable, so unless there's an infant in your row, you won't notice the bassinet positions. (Actually, if there's an infant, you'd probably be booted out of the seat.) I found these images through a quick search. For both A330s and A350s, the AB and GH positions seem to be right between the pair of seats. Note that the bigger round button is a coat hook.

A330
In this blog post, you can see the bulkhead fairly clearly. It looks like the DEF seats have 4 anchor points. I guess you can move the bassinet to where you want it to be - in front of D, in front of E, or in front of F.

A350
In this
video, at around 13:25, you can see the bulkhead bassinet anchor points. For the CDEF seats, it looks like you can mount them between C and D or E and F.

As for the leg rest, IIRC, the A350s have them at all seats, but they're only available at the bulkheads on the A330s. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
SAS Plus - US to Europe - Baggage

Looking at US to CDG this fall (late November) and it says Plus Smart baggage allowance is 1PC (as expected) when selecting flights but when I get to extras and go to add a second bag it show two checked bags included.

Has there been a change? Or am I missing something. I tried as a guest as well as logged in... I am not a Eurobonus member and have no status.

Last edited by fwfdan; Mar 17, 2024 at 11:11 am Reason: Clarified it was Plus Smart
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Likely a bug.

The message by SK when choosing the ticket type is that the allowance with Plus Smart 1 checked bag.

In addition

GOOD TO KNOW

Number of checked bags depends on ticket type and destination
  • 1 x 23 kg: SAS Go Smart, SAS Plus Smart, SAS Go Bonus
  • 2 x 23 kg: SAS Plus Pro, SAS Plus Bonus
  • 2 x 32 kg: SAS Business, SAS Business Bonus
No bags included in SAS Go Light
https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-info/baggage/checked/
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Likely a bug.

The message by SK when choosing the ticket type is that the allowance with Plus Smart 1 checked bag.

In addition

Yes. And the list of booking options shows 1pc for plus smart but later says 2pc when you try to add a bag.

Expedia also show 2pc. Wondering if a change to align with AFKL premium economy is in the works.

​​​​​​​Just wondering
Old Mar 17, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Yes. And the list of booking options shows 1pc for plus smart but later says 2pc when you try to add a bag.

Expedia also show 2pc. Wondering if a change to align with AFKL premium economy is in the works.

Just wondering
If you are anyway going to book, then just do it on SAS website. On the ticket it will tell you if it is 1PC or 2PC.
fwfdan and SK2751 like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Likely a bug.

In addition

Love that that bug is still unremedied. The way SAS describes the personal item and carry-on like they're giving you two carry-ons is a doozy. The weight description always gives me a chuckle.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Looking at US to CDG this fall (late November) and it says Plus Smart baggage allowance is 1PC (as expected) when selecting flights but when I get to extras and go to add a second bag it show two checked bags included.

Has there been a change? Or am I missing something. I tried as a guest as well as logged in... I am not a Eurobonus member and have no status.

I have an upcoming SAS Plus (Smart) itin, and it shows 1 personal, 2 carry-on (8kg), and 2 checked (23kg). Way down, it has a bunch of text, including this (edited for brevity):
CHECKED BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
SAS Plus fares. The first and second checked baggage are free (maximum 50 lbs/23 kgs per bag)
For EuroBonus Diamond, Gold, Silver and Star Gold passengers the first checked baggage above the free checked baggage allowance shown in your itinerary, is also free of charge. Exception: The extra baggage benefit does not apply when traveling on SAS Go Light fares.

SAS BUSINESS, SAS PLUS AND SAS GO
For ticket types in all booking classes except for K, L, T and O.
  • Online (up until 22 hours before departure): 89 USD
  • At the airport: 109 USD
I'm guessing that they want to differentiate the SAS Plus fares by only giving 1 checked bag to Plus Smart, and their baggage page reflects that. Your itinerary shows 2 free bags. Mine shows 2 free bags, but when I try to add a 3rd as a *G, it asks for USD 75 (which seems to be consistent with the "Optional Fees" page). So for you, it seems as though you get 2 free bags, but for me, it's 1 + 1, which contradicts my SAS confirmation. Either way, there's a disconnect/bug. Or, maybe the *G allowance only kicks in at the airport, in which case it's 2 pieces for all.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Plus Smart used to be a lot more generous in the past (for example, seat selection was free). It's possible that they haven't updated all the places to reduce the benefits.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 2:47 pm

Any input if bulkhead on the A330 in Plus is a good choice for two travelers (if available at check-in)?

thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.