Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge access on departure for SK-ticketed FI flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL

Hej.

EBG here, flying UME-ARN-KEF soon on a SK ticket, the FI flight ARN-KEF is ticketed by SK and on the SK flight number.

SAS website says lounge access on departure "when traveling on SAS, Wideroe or a Star Alliance operated flight." Am I SOL this time, regarding lounge access on the UME-ARN-KEF leg?

Many thanks
Old Feb 3, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I would guess no lounge access unless you are a diamond member. Lounge access would be applicable for EBG as well if it was an intercontinental arrival (I flew personally multiple times from Iceland to China ( return usually FI from Copenhagen) and it did apply)
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Does your booking on the SAS website mention lounge access at ARN?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:15 pm

Just a bit further down Icelandair is covered. Only in business with them. Your sentence quoted does say “operated”. No access. And no lounge access at KEF.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Does your booking on the SAS website mention lounge access at ARN?
It does not UME-ARN-KEF, but it does KEF-ARN-UME, and dodgeflyer 's answer confirms this. It's a long time since I've had to kill 3hrs in Arlanda without lounge access...!
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I was on MUC-CPH-KEF with a SK codeshare in plus some years ago and had both segments on the same boarding pass (reprinted at the kiosk in CPH ) at the lounge I played dumb and asked the lounge warden why the gate wouldn't let me into the SK lounge. After trying to explain me the intricacies of FI/SK codeshares she just gave up and let me in manually
sydunipete and SK2751 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I was on MUC-CPH-KEF with a SK codeshare in plus some years ago and had both segments on the same boarding pass (reprinted at the kiosk in CPH ) at the lounge I played dumb and asked the lounge warden why the gate wouldn't let me into the SK lounge. After trying to explain me the intricacies of FI/SK codeshares she just gave up and let me in manually
Excellent. I am expert at playing dumb. (Just ask any of my colleagues). I will try my luck.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Reviving the thread to update anyone interested in the answer.

If you are EBG/EBD on a SK ticketed flight operated by FI, you and guest/family members can use the Gold Lounge on departure. Your boarding pass will not open the gates, however. Scan your Gold card QR code first, then the boarding pass.

Warm thanks to the kind SK employee on duty at the lounge at ARN today, 22nd June. She did not know the answer either and wanted to find out while helping me.
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:53 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I recall being let into the SAGA lounge at KEF flying SK KEF-OSL in Plus repeatedly, this is pre-pandemic. Flying FI on a SK ticket I've been able to use the SAS lounge without issues in OSL.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: wn
I don't know if we will have time but if we are traveling SAS from US - CPH then a 2 hr 30 min layover before flying SAS Connect to ATH will we have access to a lounge? We are traveling business class.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 3:00 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by mbres
I don't know if we will have time but if we are traveling SAS from US - CPH then a 2 hr 30 min layover before flying SAS Connect to ATH will we have access to a lounge? We are traveling business class.
Yes, you have access. Even your IAD - CPH flight allows for complimentary lounge access on arrival at the SAS lounge in CPH.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: wn
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Yes, you have access. Even your IAD - CPH flight allows for complimentary lounge access on arrival at the SAS lounge in CPH.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.