Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
With my limited experience (LAX only) I deem their Y food in both directions better than what they deliver in Y+ in Europe.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The food in Plus and Business is just as terrible*.

* Food quality is worst flying from Scandinavia and gets better on the return depending on your origin. Catering in NRT and LAX are probably the best you experience on SK flights.
Food flying out of Scandinavia is preheated German made food (there is a DE sign on the tin foil) - I saw it on the box, it's worse than the Findus boxes you find in Sweden. However it's edible. The seafood meal was disgusting - the mushrooms used for it was bad - it was blackish - fortunately we ate enough at CPH lounge before getting on board.

Food from IAD - wow that meatball was disgusting - my kids thought it was Swedish meatballs but nope and the rice wasn't properly done either. I don't know if the meatball contains 50% of meat - there is no meat texture nor it tasted of meat. The seafood meal was salmon - done in the wrong way. My kid was thrilled at first because they thought it was the salmon seafood meal on TK flights. My little boy tried a bite and immediately said it doesn't taste nice and I had a bite and I know what he means......

It felt worse since we had a decent meal at the LH lounge just before boarding. That lounge was really nice - although the food was a bit too fine for the kids.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 2:47 pm

Food in GO (long haul) are perfectly fine for me.
Depends allot on what you like.
So just (as in all restaurants in the western world) go for that chicken if they have it.
Chicken filet w rice will always taste alike.
I say better food (long haul) than LH.
Abit worse than Delta.
Just like United.
a SHAME i must say...No ICE-CREAM.
YAY DELTA. At-least they are "normal"
Why on earth not every airline in the world, give away or sell ice-cream i dont understd.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by dznyboy
a SHAME i must say...No ICE-CREAM.
YAY DELTA. At-least they are "normal"
Why on earth not every airline in the world, give away or sell ice-cream i dont understd.

Icecream on flights is a US thing, dude.

Except LX no European carrier serves icecream in Y AFAIK. I hardly eat icecream (but saves the calories for something better) so I'm glad that most often no icecream is served.

Just to explain that serving icecream or not can be viewed differently.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Icecream on flights is a US thing, dude.

Except LX no European carrier serves icecream in Y AFAIK. I hardly eat icecream (but saves the calories for something better) so I'm glad that most often no icecream is served.

Just to explain that serving icecream or not can be viewed differently.
LX serves ice-cream? Flew with them to LAX and HKG Y, no ice-cream (it was quite a few years ago).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You can always upgrade, most EU airlines serve it in Business and some in their equivalent of premium economy.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You can always upgrade, most EU airlines serve it in Business and some in their equivalent of premium economy.
For the extra $ I spent on upgrade, I can buy myself a lot of ice-cream.

TK C did have ice-cream IST-IAH.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
TK C did have ice-cream IST-IAH.
In C you'll find ice cream on almost all carriers. In Y so far I can Blu remember getting ice cream on United and Delta.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
In C you'll find ice cream on almost all carriers. In Y so far I can Blu remember getting ice cream on United and Delta.
NH and JL has ice cream in Y. Seem to remember CX as well, but it has been a while...
Old Jul 23, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
NH and JL has ice cream in Y. Seem to remember CX as well, but it has been a while...
Will check CX. Flying CX J ZRH-BNE, just in transit at HKG. Will take a peek back in the bus later today...
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CX had ice-cream in Y HKG-LHR (3 years ago). UA definitely had ice-cream. SQ had ice-cream HKG-SIN (but the quality is so bad that my kids didn't eat it). My sis said SQ had Hagaan Daz on long haul Y.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Alaska
Movable Armrests in GO?

My husband and I like to sit together in the two-seat side areas. We are going to fly either from EWR to CPH or Washington to CPH next year. We are plus-size and are wondering if we can move the armrest up for our comfort.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:43 am

I believe there is - but admit that I am unsure with the new cabin. Do not choose the first row of each section, as these armrest holds the table.

I believe SAS has a program where you can buy an extra empty seat - a standard price, but without paying taxes etc. - others here may have the details.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
The armrests in the aisle seem to be immovable but between seats they are movable. As said before avoid the front rows as they all cannot be moved.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Easy there. SAS is IMHO far, far better than any American legacy carrier - also in terms of service, which is appalling across the board on any American airline. The flight will also be cleaner. I very rarely have any problems with crews, but I'm (surprisingly, perhaps) good with people in general.

If you approach the experience with the expectation you'll be treated badly and starve, you'll be treated badly and not like the food.
When is the last time you set foot on a longhaul flight of a US legacy airline? With dwindling exceptions, the Economy Class experience is often better on US airlines vs. European airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.