Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Those of you who have flied new A330E ARN-LAX in SAS Go.

Thinking whether to go 30AB or 41AB? Which one is better?

On inbound only available is 41CDEF in addition to "normal" seats, should I take 2 seats from that or prefer 2 singles for example in row 33 etc.?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Furry
Those of you who have flied new A330E ARN-LAX in SAS Go.

Thinking whether to go 30AB or 41AB? Which one is better?

On inbound only available is 41CDEF in addition to "normal" seats, should I take 2 seats from that or prefer 2 singles for example in row 33 etc.?
I would pick 30AB any day over 41AB.

On the inbound I would pick some 2 singles in any row and keep an eye on 30AB/GH.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:56 am

Seat Advice on New A330 Configuration in SAS Go

Booked to fly IAD to CPH in August. This will be my first time in the newly redone SAS Go aboard an A330. At this time, seats are available in row 30, immediately behind SAS Plus. I've looked at the Googlemaps virtual and I see there is no bulkhead -- only a curtain between Go and Plus. What I can't tell is if the video screen is in the armrest or in the back of the SAS Plus seat in front. The Googlemaps shows the screenback covered by a curtain.

Trying to decide if the extra legroom is worthwhile in row 30, as the seat may be narrower with the tray and video monitor in the seat. I'm also assuming the armrests do not move in this row. Does anyone have experience in the new A330?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
go for it. Had 30h CPH-IAD, the legroom is amazing (if you look at your plus seat in front of you you'd be happy how much you save by sitting behind one of those). The middle row is also good, not as good. You'll have your own screen (lift up under the seat with a button, like the standard one).
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
If you can get 30A or 30H go for it, I have flown in those seats plenty of times and love the extra space in those seats. The other row 30 seats are still alright but I'm a window seat guy so would never pick them myself.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 4:30 am

My 6'6" brother flew in 30A both ways and loved it. For me, I hawked the empty seats in the back during my one "new Go" flight, ended up with a 4-wide middle to myself
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:26 am

TIP: Row 30 and the rest in GO are FREE 36 hr before departure (online check in).
And YEZ you can get them because the "row 30 folks" are often the eeager to upgrade to Plus/Biz and if they do then row 30 seats will suddenly become empty 36 hrs and earlier before departure.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by dznyboy
TIP: Row 30 and the rest in GO are FREE 36 hr before departure (online check in).
And YEZ you can get them because the "row 30 folks" are often the eeager to upgrade to Plus/Biz and if they do then row 30 seats will suddenly become empty 36 hrs and earlier before departure.
Good stuff!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:25 pm

SAS GO on transatlantic flights

Do SAS Go fares include any FREE food or water on transatlantic flights? If not, approx how much do these cost?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
You have free food and free non-alcoholic drinks in conjunction with meal (s).
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by skba1
You have free food and free non-alcoholic drinks in conjunction with meal (s).
To be more specific one non-alcoholic drink plus water, tea or coffee.

Food and drink. Your meal will start with a small appetizer, continue with a delicious warm main course and end with dessert and coffee and tea. In SAS Go, one non-alcoholic beverage is included during the meal service. During the flight, you can purchase other beverages, snacks and candy from our onboard menu.

We don’t want you leaving on an empty stomach. Before landing, we serve breakfast or a light meal depending on the time of day.
SAS travel info: onboard intercontinental flights in SAS Go
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:00 pm
BCC

Programs: Eurobonus Gold
You can also go to the back of the plane at any time of the flight and they have water bottles that you can pour a glass. In between meals, you can purchase soda, snacks, beer, wine, ect.....
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by phoochka
Do SAS Go fares include any FREE food or water on transatlantic flights? If not, approx how much do these cost?
1 bottle of water (0,5L) are in your (every) seat when you board the plane.
Free dinner w one free can (0,33L) of soda (coca-cola products).
Free Bfast w Juice. Or "snack" of you arriving in the evening.
Buy anytime...Soda 3$ (0,33L can).
Water/Tea/Coffe (in a cup) are always free at all times.
You can NOT bye any food at any time.
They are usually empty. They only load the plane pretty much 1 serving pr person.

Last edited by dznyboy; Jul 15, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Plus the food is really bad - without lounge access I won't be flying SAS Go.

Also they like to give you a drink way before they serve meals, so that you get thirsty and then they can sell you another can of soda...... can't believe they are so stingy.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
Plus the food is really bad - without lounge access I won't be flying SAS Go.
The food in Plus and Business is just as terrible*.

* Food quality is worst flying from Scandinavia and gets better on the return depending on your origin. Catering in NRT and LAX are probably the best you experience on SK flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.