Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Intercontinental [merged experience reports & FAQ]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Have flown go CPH-HND last week, first time in SK GO long haul after covid. This was on a A350. The flight was filled to the brim - I had a window seat. I have to say that despite a relatively modern and clean aircraft this was one of the worst flights in a long time. Part of it was clearly the load, but the pitch seems to be low and the seat is narrow. I am 185cm and most of the trip was sufferring with not enough leg space.

I was going back on LO's Y- (787-900), which reports the same pitch and width, but the flight was much more comfortable. Part of it was definitely though that I had a free seat next to me; but it is weird that on 787 I was not hitting my knees while on A350 I was hitting my knees all the time. There was seemingly much more leg space on LO. It may well be that different seat ergonomics is to be blamed.

(pitch 32" for LO vs 31-32" for SK on seat guru; according to them SK seats are 0.1" wider)
Old Oct 21, 2023, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Aerolopa sets the SK pitch as 31". That is a significant difference. I can't possibly imagine that 3-3-3 on a 787 is not more narrow than the A350, but with a free seat next to you that is probably easily compensated, as it is really mostly felt in shoulder width.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by jamesbrownontheroad
Flew UME-ARN-CPH-BOS in Go yesterday, or rather that's what I thought would do.

Made it to CPH just fine, but then SK927 CPH-BOS (A321neoLR) was cancelled at one hour's notice. Luckily I had not passed Danish passport exit control, so I could hightail it to the Transfer Center and get rebooked on SK909 to EWR, rather than wait for automatic rebooking. Caught one of the last seats in Go, a bulkhead seat in the aft cabin. To the credit of everyone working behind the desks and on the ramp at CPH, my bag was located and moved to the new flight. No idea what happened to other 120+ folk, maybe some went via IAD. I noticed a long line of passengers at one of the podiums after passport control; perhaps those who were already past passport controls in the E-gate area had fewer SAS staff to help.

The experience on board SK909 was pretty miserable. With only one exception, staff were unfriendly and downright rude about instructing other passengers on inflight procedures, eg. to clear bulkhead row of luggage and blankets. Not much eye contact and lots of use of the OUTSIDE VOICE to convey an instruction. Naturally my "special" meal (99SEK) was not loaded onto the new flight, so no lunch was available. (Nor was the late afternoon snack compatible.) Noticed some grumbling around me from other passengers about the meal. Lots of wastage. Same again with the processed turkey "toast levain" - most made it through the cabin and went straight in the bin.

The solitary pass of the drinks cart for a free soft drink in Go before the meal service is absurd. Cabin crew had to repeatedly and explicitly state that this one free beverage is for your meal service, but that won't come by for at least half an hour. Other airlines with the same number of crew on an A330-300 pass the drinks and meal carts down the aisle together, why not SAS? And, if you insist on charging for drinks, why not bring the carts back later to make a few $? No doubt because SK crew are ashamed to be selling 2nd cans of Coke.

On-time into EWR, but horrendous lines at USBP killed any chance of a 2hr connection to BOS on UA. Enjoyed the nice new United Club at EWR Terminal A and then an early evening flight EWR-BOS.

I've filed an EU 261 claim, since I was 4hrs + late into Boston, so the trip may end being profitable...
My first time in GO back in 2013 to IAD, the crew went around and ask people what to drink without telling me that was the one for the meal. I said no and learned the lesson (they didn't tell me that was the drink I was supposed to get with the meal). Most people drank it right away and bought a second drink during the meal service (I guess SK must be doing that to sell more drink). I was at the last row and the Danish crew behind me chatted loudly the whole way across the Atlantic (red eye flight back to CPH) - it was so noisy that I couldn't really sleep.

The GO meal is worse than UA's meal - I think it's the worst meal I have ever tried for a long haul. Beef with chocolate sauce was the worst and then the over salty curry - I don't know if they want people to buy their snack or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.