Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS General Experience Reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: EB Skräpmetall, AY No Extra Bags for You, BA EU261/2004 Thread
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Kind of disappointing to fly J on SAS from CPH-AGP and finding myself in coach seating with a fat, space-insensitive woman in a down coat sitting next to me in the middle seat spilling over into mine at the aisle. I mean, it's over 3 hours.
Fatphobia is well and alive, I see.

Whether you choose to discriminate or not, it would be good if SAS offered seat block in intra-EU Plus cabin. Being used to SAS level of service, I was shocked to have a seat block on a DUB-LHR flight with BA!
Old Feb 10, 2023, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Kind of disappointing to fly J on SAS from CPH-AGP and finding myself in coach seating with a fat, space-insensitive woman in a down coat sitting next to me in the middle seat spilling over into mine at the aisle.
Apt reminder that the product is not 'J' but 'SAS Plus' I suppose you experienced the 'Plus' part
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Deleted
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AutismoSupremo
Fatphobia is well and alive, I see.

Whether you choose to discriminate or not, it would be good if SAS offered seat block in intra-EU Plus cabin. Being used to SAS level of service, I was shocked to have a seat block on a DUB-LHR flight with BA!
Calling someone fat or commenting on their excessive body mass isn't (legally) discrimination. Shaming fat shaming just leads to more obesity. If you actually had a person's best physical health interests in mind and not some flacky approach to letting every snowflake be its unique snowflake the world would be a better place.

SAS should just remove intra-EU/Nordic Plus and go back to calling it Business. Reintroduce middle seat blocking and a real divider for privacy and send coach people to the back bathroom. Other EU airlines have cut back so badly on intra-EU Business Class meals that the unedible goo that SAS serves in its boxes isn't that far behind other full service airlines. This calling it premium economy pony doesn't work.
smartytravel and geomag42 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not J, it is a premium economy product.
When I booked it, it was listed as J, as a continuation of my TATL J-class flight SFO - CPH. And my initial seat selection showed first class seating. So either an error was made in the booking stage or an equipment change occurred after ticketing. My ticket shows J for all legs which are on SAS.

As an aside, why is it "fatphobia" to accurately describe someone who's obese?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
There is no F on any SK flight, and no J on any intra-Europe flight. If you don't buy from SK, the reseller might be showing you the class wrongly. It might be a business booking bucket (bcs of the TATL segment) but there is no business cabin.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 2:26 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I feel like we have had this discussion before, but essentially European(!) Plus is both Premium Economy and Business at the same time. Business in the eyes of *A and ground handling (lounges) and mileage earning on other airlines, as well as when connecting from long haul Business Class flights. Within the system there are Premium Economy booking classes as well as Business booking classes (in which case the flights do show up as Business in some systems). I personally log my SAS Plus flights as Business. I do wonder how some companies handle this for staff travel...

SAS Plus is kinda like Schrödinger's Business/Premium Economy Class: It is either and both at the same time.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I feel like we have had this discussion before, but essentially European(!) Plus is both Premium Economy and Business at the same time. Business in the eyes of *A and ground handling (lounges) and mileage earning on other airlines, as well as when connecting from long haul Business Class flights. Within the system there are Premium Economy booking classes as well as Business booking classes (in which case the flights do show up as Business in some systems). I personally log my SAS Plus flights as Business. I do wonder how some companies handle this for staff travel...0

SAS Plus is kinda like Schrödinger's Business/Premium Economy Class: It is either and both at the same time.
I log all of my Plus flights as PY.

If you look at Concur, which is a pretty popular corporate booking platform, Plus is classified as PY.

Yes, we have this discussion ever so often.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
When I booked it, it was listed as J, as a continuation of my TATL J-class flight SFO - CPH. And my initial seat selection showed first class seating. So either an error was made in the booking stage or an equipment change occurred after ticketing. My ticket shows J for all legs which are on SAS.

As an aside, why is it "fatphobia" to accurately describe someone who's obese?
There was no equipment change, as SK does not have any short haul planes with a different configuration than what you experienced. So clearly an error from the booking agent. If you book a connecting flight from a long haul, the Plus segment gets the same booking class as the long haul, which may trick OTAs and others in to showing the status as business class, as the booking class is normally used for that.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Until you look inside and realise it isn’t.
JMight likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
This thread made me consider SK for an upcoming trip to ORD. Price was competitive (below TP and LO levels, huh), 'true' window seat available on A330 (I can survive one hour feeder trip in Plus), so I went ahead and told the Corporate Travel Agency to issue a ticket I hope I would not be (very) disappointed...
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
A small report on my first ever SK long haul flight in C (ARN-ORD):

- All F/A's were nice, actually very nice
- Internet worked without any problems (was a bit slow, but it is sort of expected)
- Service took forever, but there were multiple passes of bread, water, wine
- Food was good, actually the casserole-style main course (cod) was very good
- IFE was extremely basic
- To my surprise seat offered limited privacy and was a bit cramped, but the 'coffin' for legs was a bit bigger that on similar 'coffin seats' with OS, LH, CA, AC - so overall no major complaints
- No comments about the ARN lounge as we know it would not win any awards (plus I knew what to expect)
Tomas E likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:34 am

Sas is horrible [Is it though?]

Not much choice cph to arn. 40 min before departure they change the gate from d2 to b8. By the time we get to b gates 15 min later it’s not there now says delayed to 1255pm from 1145am. Check for get at 11:24. Then they change it back to d2. Then another gate info at 1131 and then d2 again. Do they have chimps running the operations!
gretchendz and yscleo like this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:19 am

I nesrly missed my flight back to AMS,first the gate was E4,a bus gate then close to departure it was changed to A26.
It mostly occurs on CRJ flights but it happens very often.The planning operations must me a nightmare at CPH with the huge delays due to the staffing issues at ATC.
Only 1 runway has been in use for both takeoffs and landings for weeks now, despite the glorious weather conditions.Totally unacceptable!
Old Jun 17, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Not much choice cph to arn. 40 min before departure they change the gate from d2 to b8. By the time we get to b gates 15 min later it’s not there now says delayed to 1255pm from 1145am. Check for get at 11:24. Then they change it back to d2. Then another gate info at 1131 and then d2 again. Do they have chimps running the operations!
If a gate change is enough to make an entire airline horrible, then I cannot imagine how difficult your life must be in this world Changes happen, and SAS is not assigning stands for flights at CPH, ground control is.

Originally Posted by Netherlines
I nesrly missed my flight back to AMS,first the gate was E4,a bus gate then close to departure it was changed to A26.
It mostly occurs on CRJ flights but it happens very often.The planning operations must me a nightmare at CPH with the huge delays due to the staffing issues at ATC.
Only 1 runway has been in use for both takeoffs and landings for weeks now, despite the glorious weather conditions.Totally unacceptable!
As you rightly mention, this is an ATC issue that has been going in far too long, and has nothing to do with SAS
Gnopps, tr3k, FabCW and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.