Wiki Posts
Search

SAS General Experience Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:42 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
Originally Posted by nacho
The discount was pretty lame - I tried with a salmon side that expired the same day as I was there and it gave 30% discount (8pm).
30% is a fairly acceptable discount in my mind - if it works. The goal should be to reduce food waste.

I often buy meat when it's discounted due to date.. and keep it way beyond the "best before" date. Most chefs I know do the same - they think of "best before" as "best after" with some products, like pure beef.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by aju
30% is a fairly acceptable discount in my mind - if it works. The goal should be to reduce food waste.

I often buy meat when it's discounted due to date.. and keep it way beyond the "best before" date. Most chefs I know do the same - they think of "best before" as "best after" with some products, like pure beef.
Willys reduces by more than 50% if it expires on the same day. 30% reduction on an already overpriced salmon I would definitely say no thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: SKD, *A Gold
Originally Posted by aju

I agree! Beef should not be too fresh as it is pretty characterless then.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
In line with the original topic, I've noticed that the service intra Europe had gotten much better since the fall. I've flown 27 segments on SK since September, all in Europe, and haven't gotten a grumpy FA yet. Perhaps the old dragons have retired and have been replaced with young and enthusiastic FAs. An example on my flight ATH-CPH today. It was a full flight which meant the crew was busy. In the last hour of the flight I asked for a cup of tea and even though I wasn't in Plus, a very nice FA brewed a single cup for me as there was none left in the thermos (I would not have asked if I knew that). When I thanked her she said it was no problem - she was genuinely happy to be of help.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: SKD, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Amexpat
In line with the original topic, I've noticed that the service intra Europe had gotten much better since the fall. I've flown 27 segments on SK since September, all in Europe, and haven't gotten a grumpy FA yet. Perhaps the old dragons have retired and have been replaced with young and enthusiastic FAs. An example on my flight ATH-CPH today. It was a full flight which meant the crew was busy. In the last hour of the flight I asked for a cup of tea and even though I wasn't in Plus, a very nice FA brewed a single cup for me as there was none left in the thermos (I would not have asked if I knew that). When I thanked her she said it was no problem - she was genuinely happy to be of help.
I have a similar experience from my flights intra-Europe in plus last summer. The flight attendants were somehow more eager to be pleasant and approachable. When I fly in J TATL I have to say that SAS personnel have always been really friendly.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
What SAS subsidiary or wetlease operator did you fly? Was it Legacy, Connect or Link or a Wetlease operator like Xfly or Cityjet?

I find the Xfly crews typically to be great and very service minded, these are usually young Estonian female FAs. Next SAS Connect with the Brittish/Irish crews are much friendlier and more service minded. SAS legacy is still pretty terrible, not limited to their long haul Business Class service.
Cookoovaya likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
What SAS subsidiary or wetlease operator did you fly? Was it Legacy, Connect or Link or a Wetlease operator like Xfly or Cityjet?

I find the Xfly crews typically to be great and very service minded, these are usually young Estonian female FAs. Next SAS Connect with the Brittish/Irish crews are much friendlier and more service minded. SAS legacy is still pretty terrible, not limited to their long haul Business Class service.
Couldn't agree more!

Flying weekly domestic via OSL to LHR and have the exact experience you describe. Sometimes I feel like I 'bother' them - just by being there.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: SK*Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

No it's been regular SAS with a Scandinavian crew. I noticed better service with the various subsidiaries and the Baltic and British/Irish crews a couple of years ago. This year the service from the Scan crews has been great. Could be I've just been lucky.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:47 am

I flew them recently CPH-ARN-LHR and LHR-CPH and all legs was very good. Actually impressed how they handled catering. Credit card terminal malfunctioned so I got free wine, maybe because I already had an meal order. It was many years ago I flew SAS, mostly AF, LH and LX for me in Europe but I will defenitly choose SAS again intra Europe. The FAs was very good, sometimes SAS needs some love, especially in hard times like these.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:28 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Originally Posted by vivere
I flew them recently CPH-ARN-LHR and LHR-CPH and all legs was very good. Actually impressed how they handled catering. Credit card terminal malfunctioned so I got free wine, maybe because I already had an meal order.
This happened to us as well. Remember that in terms of inventory control, SAS CC can't keep a record of what they dole out to passengers in SAS Plus or Diamonds in SAS Go, so if the tech fails on a catering sale in SAS Go they have the discretion to just give it away.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:28 am

I will fly SAS from ARN to CPH this summer for a short one hour flight with a baby on lap. Will come back to this post to update my experience with it. Would love to fly more SAS after reading your feedback.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:29 am

I will also fly SAS from LHR to ARN so will update you with our experience with a baby on lap.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kind of disappointing to fly J on SAS from CPH-AGP and finding myself in coach seating with a fat, space-insensitive woman in a down coat sitting next to me in the middle seat spilling over into mine at the aisle. I mean, it's over 3 hours.

There is no differentiation between coach and anything else except food and bev service and of course free bag check, which I didn't use.
FlyingMoose likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Kind of disappointing to fly J on SAS from CPH-AGP and finding myself in coach seating with a fat, space-insensitive woman in a down coat sitting next to me in the middle seat spilling over into mine at the aisle. I mean, it's over 3 hours.

There is no differentiation between coach and anything else except food and bev service and of course free bag check, which I didn't use.
There is no J intra-Europe. Mr was doing that to get TK G a while back and he said pretty much the same thing except the flight was full so there was no blocked middle seat.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxBuck

It is not J, it is a premium economy product. And no, beyond food, drinks, and free WiFi there is no inflight distinction between Y and PY. As a PY product it is fine, taken as a J product it falls quite short.

Now a fun side effect of Star Alliance not getting around to fixing alliance wide redemption, is that if you redeem the flight with partner miles you'll have to pay J award pricing, as it otherwise would be unavailable.
AutismoSupremo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.