Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS General Experience Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: SK EBG
Originally Posted by nacho
Some SK crews are really germophobic or they don't want to do more than necessary: we got to our C seats on the first row, we didn't even settle in (we literally got to our seats and were sorting what should stay down and what should go up) and the crew rushed over and told us we need to put things up in the overhead bins. I was speechless and didn't want to fight now to get bad service during the flight.

Same on the way back in Plus, was ordered to put things up before we got settled in.

It's pathetic. We normally close our overhead bin to prevent people/crew to put extra stuff in the already full bin. I have never seen anything like this in any other airline I have flown.
I was in Plus cabin CPH-HND 03MAR SE-RSE. Hadn't been on SK since '19 so was curious about the experience. My jaw dropped when heard the announcement asking the passengers to close the bins. Second bummer was that they didn't have the hot towel service anymore. Lastly, the biggest bummer was the terrible lump in the backrest of the seat, literally in the middle of the spine about 30 cm from the bottom, had to use the blanket as an extra cushion to be able to rest my back at all and try to get a nap. Seat 23A. My seat mate said he had the same annoying issue and when we asked the crew about it she acted surprised and "joked" that they should blow some air into the seat again. Anyone has experienced such seat issue and complained about it?

On my way back HND-CPH in C. The loud noise they made by sorting used dishes from the main service and loud laughter heard from the galley crew kept me from sleeping in seat 10H. Also noticed some heavy eyes rolling when some Asian passenger asked for a G&T during main service.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by hotdrinkcolddrink
On my way back HND-CPH in C. The loud noise they made by sorting used dishes from the main service and loud laughter heard from the galley crew kept me from sleeping in seat 10H. Also noticed some heavy eyes rolling when some Asian passenger asked for a G&T during main service.
Rest assured these issues have only been in existence for decades and you'll find many fellow passengers complain about the same things. Unfortunately SAS refuses to do anything about this. The cutlery concerts on night flights seem to be the ultimate stewardess passenger grief.
nacho and hotdrinkcolddrink like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hotdrinkcolddrink
I was told no to have a cup of tea during main service in C. There was hot towel in C back in January CPH-IAD.

Once the crew was talking non-stop at the back of the A330 and I was on the last row (IAD-CPH) and it was so loud that I couldn't sleep (It was a red eye flight). I guess they could go home and pass out after the flight but I had to drive the kids to school and back home so I needed that sleep.
hotdrinkcolddrink likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:03 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Flying SAS Plus from Barcelona to Stockholm.

One of the FAs has a raging cold. Coughing everywhere openly. Not bothering with a face mask. Big contrast to the Avianca flight I took to BCN where the FA in my cabin wore a mask because they had a cold (and strangely felt the need to apologise for this when I really wanted to thank them for considering others).

Anyway, the other strange thing is that the SK FAs served all the drinks first before they served the meals and asked everyone to place one big order. They usually reserve that behaviour for long haul flights. Guess it's coming to Intra-Europe as well?

In this case I didn't mind it because I had a row to myself, but I could see that this could get messy really quickly in a full row.

The uncovered coughing was far more irksome.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I flew Copenhagen Amsterdam the other day on SK mainline. At least an SE registered A320NEO.

Quite cheerful crew actually. We had for the fun of it pre-ordered a the half bottle of Charles Heidsieck, which I guess they don't see too often as they made a bit of spectacle out of serving it. After having brought that, the cart with drinks and the meal box came. Coffee/tea as a second round through the Plus cabin (or any other drinks), then a tray with boxes of chocolates were brought around. When we were done with our champagne they quickly came to ask if we wanted the sparkling from the cart as well. Which we declined.

One point where I found the crew rather blunt was the announcement to disconnect charging cables for take off and landing, the announcement was standard language and fine. But it was seemingly a one warning system, anyone not having disconnected the USB cable at final cabin check, the purser literally yanked the cable out without further notice or warning. I have seen this on other airlines, but only after they asked a couple of times after the announcement.

It was decent flight, the crew was talkative and nice (except for their aggressive stance on USB cables). Sure it is not Cathay Pacific J, but for a short European hop it worked pretty well. I posted a picture of the smoked salmon snack box in the food thread. It was tasty.
VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
JFK-CPH March 16 2024

Ticket was purchased via Expedia, had issue checking in online or in the app. Should have known something was up when I could not select seats at T-30.

Got to the airport. Check-in desk for *G and Plus/Business section was having trouble. I think it was due to my itinerary segments, somehow they actually checked me into one of my return segments...lol...my return segments line up the following day/morning after my arrival

All that said, don't care about any of the above, but my displeasure was with the supervisor (not the initial person who tried me check me in...more about her later). The supervisor assigned me a middle seat in SAS Plus, in which turned out to be a very light load.

In the process of all, I also lost my TSA Pre access on the boarding pass

I decided to take my loss and not make a scene. Got through security and went to look for the gate agent...turned out gate agents are also the check-in agents, which makes sense at outstations with one flight. She knew exactly what I needed, and moved me out of a middle seat.
VRFast likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:26 am

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
Any SAS policy on device volume and earbuds?

Was on a flight with a fellow passenger beside me who decided that she'd watch her tv show/movie without ear buds. And of course, as the plane is climbing to its cruising altitude, she has to turn it up louder so that she can hear above the plane engines - so even more people get treated to hearing what she is watching. And then naturally, to drown out her noise, one has to increase the volume of their own earbuds. I had noise cancelling headphones so it took out the worst of the noise, but I felt bad for the passengers in my surrounding area without earbuds who probably just wanted a little sleep on a morning flight.

Cabin staff walked past this several times and did nothing - more interested in selling muffins and smoothies 🙃

Does SAS have a formal policy on device volume and earbud usage? It's probably not been necessary in the past, but we live in different times now 😁
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:13 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dark_phoenix
Was on a flight with a fellow passenger beside me who decided that she'd watch her tv show/movie without ear buds. And of course, as the plane is climbing to its cruising altitude, she has to turn it up louder so that she can hear above the plane engines - so even more people get treated to hearing what she is watching. And then naturally, to drown out her noise, one has to increase the volume of their own earbuds. I had noise cancelling headphones so it took out the worst of the noise, but I felt bad for the passengers in my surrounding area without earbuds who probably just wanted a little sleep on a morning flight.

Cabin staff walked past this several times and did nothing - more interested in selling muffins and smoothies 🙃

Does SAS have a formal policy on device volume and earbud usage? It's probably not been necessary in the past, but we live in different times now 😁
Policy, I doubt - but if it was me, I would have told that person to stop being an anti-social tw*at...! I hate people being so selfish
CPH-Flyer and VRFast like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Policy, I doubt - but if it was me, I would have told that person to stop being an anti-social tw*at...! I hate people being so selfish
Which is why I always had a few cheap airline earbuds with single pronged mini-jacks, so I in a suitable passive aggressive way can hand them out....

Indeed, just ask your fellow passengers to turn down the volume. It does not need rules or FA intervention to ask for some basic simple manners. In a nice way of course.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Which is why I always had a few cheap airline earbuds with single pronged mini-jacks, so I in a suitable passive aggressive way can hand them out....

Indeed, just ask your fellow passengers to turn down the volume. It does not need rules or FA intervention to ask for some basic simple manners. In a nice way of course.
I like the idea of having a spare pair of cheap earbuds to hand out. They are always giving some of those out at various trade shows, so I might do that

Yeah, ideally you could just nicely ask a passenger to use earbuds. But because I have been burned by that approach before (in that instance they started arguing that it was no different than talking to someone and seem annoyed that I would even ask), nowadays I decide to take the airline's advice and don't engage with passengers directly about things. I was on a BA flight week where "please wear earbuds" was part of the pre-departure briefing.
VRFast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.