Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

I am going to admit it - I like the new SAS app [SAS App and Website Discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am going to admit it - I like the new SAS app [SAS App and Website Discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:07 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I just thought they fixed an inconsistency when I saw it. AFAIR you couldn't check in so early on their webpage.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I too have noticed some discrepancies.
For a UA connection my Check-In in the old vs. the new app was different by 1 hour... And I've only been able to check in at T-24h in the new app for SK flights. I didn't compare with the website though.
Would also be interested to know if this is a general policy shift.
I just checked in for a flight more than 35 hours in advance.

On the home overview screen the check-in button showed up, while on the trip overview it told me Check-In is only in 13 hours. I guess I clicked the button fast enough and was able to check in. Not sure if this is a bug, a feature or both.

I got my BP and not surprisingly I'm sequence number 1.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I thought the old app went further back, but I could be remembering wrong. Though I am quite sure the old app only showed SK metal flights for me.
Its either the old App going back further or the new App is not counting all my SK8001/SK8002 flying from the period it claims it covers.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:19 am

It's odd it doesn't have a link to bid for upgrades (unless I'm missing it?) I'm on iOS.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As of the time of writing my complete flight history has now disappeared... I only have flights from since after I updated the app in my log now. Before I had all of them all the way back to 2017...
Anybody else with this issue?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
As of the time of writing my complete flight history has now disappeared... I only have flights from since after I updated the app in my log now. Before I had all of them all the way back to 2017...
Anybody else with this issue?
I have back to 2013 for the SK flights and aircraft log, and 2012 on Eurobonus log.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have back to 2013 for the SK flights and aircraft log, and 2012 on Eurobonus log.
Logging out and back in again solved the problem for me. Odd that the flights just randomly disappeared.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
After some upgrades i can no longer find the information about the metal I am flying tomorrow (I am after check in). Have they removed this functionality? It was so cool and useful! Or does it only activate some short hours before the flight?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SK2751
After some upgrades i can no longer find the information about the metal I am flying tomorrow (I am after check in). Have they removed this functionality? It was so cool and useful! Or does it only activate some short hours before the flight?
Normally a good deal before the flight, but maybe they are shuffling the aircraft assignment and nothing is assigned right now?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:48 am

Normally a good deal before the flight, but maybe they are shuffling the aircraft assignment and nothing is assigned right now?
Kinda weird - I have a connection in CPH and for neither of the flights I can see the info. Where should it appear?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kinda weird - I have a connection in CPH and for neither of the flights I can see the info. Where should it appear?
I don't have an active booking right now, so can't double check. But should be under my trips and the specific flight if I remember correctly.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:10 am

I don't have an active booking right now, so can't double check. But should be under my trips and the specific flight if I remember correctly.
It appeared now, 16-17 hours before the flight, under the particular trip, under the biofuel widget, and above the weather forecast and the hotel widget. Still only for the first leg, so I suppose either they are mangling the CRJs still on the roster, or the cut off for publication has been delayed recently.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 7:36 am

I was surprised that I am on a CRJ that I have not been on yet (according to the SK app). With so many butt-hours on this tiny birds this should be fairly unlikely, so I investigated a bit. Indeed, it may well be to be the the first time I am on ES-ACK as an SK machine under this name. But it was an LO/Nordica machine before, and I flown these a lot (and they only had few, so likely I flown ES-ACK as well). I credited all these flights to EB, but apparently SK does not know it, or does not want to count it. More interestingly, in pre-nordica times, this was known as SK's OY-KFB, and the SK app claims itself that I had flown it 13 times until it changed the registration. (some background: https://www.jetphotos.com/info/CRJ-15211)

All in all: the aircraft-flight counts are very shaky in the app. They do not even bundle them together if they used the same machine under different registrations.

Last edited by SK2751; Feb 10, 2023 at 7:56 am
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:13 am

A few days ago SAS reported a security attack on the app, and a data leak (https://www.dr.dk/ligetil/ligetil-pa...har-adgang-til). I am surprised that there are no comments here . After this all my future trips are gone from the app and I can't add them anymore (they were all non-SK trips, so maybe they stopped allowing to add them?)
djjaguar64 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few days ago SAS reported a security attack on the app, and a data leak (https://www.dr.dk/ligetil/ligetil-pa...har-adgang-til). I am surprised that there are no comments here . After this all my future trips are gone from the app and I can't add them anymore (they were all non-SK trips, so maybe they stopped allowing to add them?)
I was trying to add a United routing, it did not work. But as it has always been mixed what Star Alliance routes showed up on the SK app, I just assumed UA was not one of them.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:11 am

I had my first SK flight since.... well.... 2019-12-11(!). Can't believe it. But somehow, I always ended up on LH Group for the last 3 years.

Anyway, I really like the new app. For once, they did something really well... especially the option to just change your seat assignment in 5 seconds... even after being checked-in and having the BP already.

Much better than the LH group apps... which I do not enjoy at all.
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.