Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
SAS has its own lounge at Newark (EWR), which is located in Terminal B3, near Gate 60

- SAS Lounge (access for EBP, EBD, EBG, *A Gold, *A First Class, *A Business Class, SAS Business, SAS Plus)

In addition to the SAS lounge there are also other lounges located in Terminal B3 at EWR:

- Lufthansa Senator Lounge (right across the SAS Lounge, access for *G, including EBP, EBD, EBG, *A First)
- Lufthansa Business Lounge (right across the SAS Lounge, access for *A Business, including SAS Businesss)
The Lufthansa lounges are often overcrowded and they will turn away all non-LHG pax if the lounges are too crowded. Usually after the early departure wave approx. 17:00, the situation improves.

In addition to the above lounges in Terminal B3, there are also other lounges located in the other terminals at EWR, a selection of which is provided below:

- United Polaris Lounge (Terminal C, right after security, access only for intercontinental *A Business, including SAS Business)
- United Clubs (Terminal C, several different locations available, access to *A First (intercontinental), *A Business (interncontinental) and *G)
- AMEX Centurion lounge (Terminal A3, access for AMEX Centurion and AMEX Platinum)

There is a transfer Bus located at Gate 70 to transfer from Terminal C to Terminal A and B
Print Wikipost

SAS Lounge Newark (EWR)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:26 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Unfortunately they do.

The overcrowded ORD lounge just gets more overcrowded.
OMG - how this small lounge is coping with so many passengers?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
Do silvers get lounge access at EWR and ORD during their lounge access period in the summer and winter holidays?
Forgive me for asking but what is "Silvers" ?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You are right, I got caught in the convoluted wording, and slip of mind. Indeed normal lounge access for Plus on departure....

Okay now I am more confused .

LOL

But I do love all you for helping answer my questions
Thanks so much
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by TheMiz
Forgive me for asking but what is "Silvers" ?
They are referring to EuroBonus Silver cardholders, who get lounge access (on SAS and Widerøe flights only, to SAS-branded lounges only) during July, August, and the period 17.12-8.1. See here.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you are traveling on a SAS intercontinental flight, you also have access to SAS' own lounges on arrival (except at Newark due to airport authority regulations)."
They are referring to the fact that at EWR you're not able to access the SK departures area after an international arrival and thus cannot access the lounge. You will clear immigration and customs and wind-up landside.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
They are referring to the fact that at EWR you're not able to access the SK departures area after an international arrival and thus cannot access the lounge. You will clear immigration and customs and wind-up landside.
Yes but my original question ( which I may have not asked correctly ) was a pre international flight from EWR to CPH
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:04 am

Yes but my original question ( which I may have not asked correctly ) was a pre international flight from EWR to CPH
You do have lounge access.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
You do have lounge access.
Thanks Fassy
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: SK-EBD/*A Gold, BA Gold/OW Emerald, HH Gold, ChoiceHotels Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Sixt Plat,
SAS Plus access to SAS lounges

And here's the documentation:

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...lounge-access/

"SAS Plus to/from Asia/the US: You are welcome at SAS lounges around the world as well as our partners' lounges in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo. If you are traveling on a SAS intercontinental flight, you also have access to SAS' own lounges on arrival (except at Newark due to airport authority regulations)."
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Just wanted to add a data point.

Came thru after arriving from AVL and being a BIG fan of curritos burritos I picked one up and instead of eating in the food court checked into the Art and Lounge in Terminal B. Show PP number and was signed in, in no time. The Agent didn't ask to see my boarding pass but did ask if I was coming or going. Had no issues with me coming in off of an arrival with EWR as my final destination. Just said that the lounge was closing at 10:30 (it was 8:00 and I wasn't going to be there more than 30 minutes).

Lounge was quiet maybe 10 people in it. Beer was Bud, Heineken, Miller Lite. Wine couple of whites didn't see any reds and they had some bottom to medium shelf liquor. A hot pasta was being served for dinner which I tasted a bite of and wasn't bad at all. Some Salad and other healthy options available as well as chips and cookies.

Had a small selection of magazines and they had the NY Times there (which I picked up a copy) Definitely wouldn't pay for it but when it's free with PP you can't complain. Better than the Gen Pop for sure and certainly quiet enough to sleep in.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:12 pm

How to purchase lounge access - EWR

Hoping someone can help me with this. I have star alliance gold an am travelling on Lufthansa from Newark. I will have my wife and 2 teenagers traveling with me. As star alliance gold I can get 2 into the lounge. I am willing to purchase the other two entrances. But I can't figure out how to do it. On the SAS website https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...rport/lounges/ it says "When traveling in SAS Go, Star Alliance or Wideroe, you can purchase access to all SAS Lounges (except for SAS Gold Lounges)". When I click on the link to "buy lounge access", however, it asks me for my booking information. Which is not on SAS. Any ideas?

Thank you,
BJFly
Old Jul 27, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: More than one
If you are Eurobonus gold or higher, you can bring 1 guest or up to 4 family members into the SK lounges. If you *G status is from another airline, it's the *G rules which apply and not the SK rules. The *G rules only allow 1 guest and in this case I would go for the LH lounge instead. The food is much better there.

I have never had to buy lounge access, so I don't know how that works, but normally you can buy the lounge access at the lounge too
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by highupinthesky
If you are Eurobonus gold or higher, you can bring 1 guest or up to 4 family members into the SK lounges. If you *G status is from another airline, it's the *G rules which apply and not the SK rules. The *G rules only allow 1 guest and in this case I would go for the LH lounge instead. The food is much better there.

I have never had to buy lounge access, so I don't know how that works, but normally you can buy the lounge access at the lounge too

My *G is from another airline. According to Lufthansa's site there is no option of paid entrance. According to SAS paid entrance is possible, and is less expensive when done in advance rather than at the counter. Hence my thought that I'd use the SAS lounge and try to pay in advance.

BJFly
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: More than one
I have never tried to buy SK lounge access, so I have no clue how to do it. Have you tried to type in your flight reservation or ticket number?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
I know that you can purchase lounge access when flying SAS but I have no idea what the policy is when traveling on another airline :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.