Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS have strange ideas about MCT at LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS have strange ideas about MCT at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022 | 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Jacksong
I believe you have misunderstood. Amex did sell me the correct routing - the routing was absolutely fine until SAS did a schedule change 4 days ago and moved the CPH-LAX leg departure to 2.5 hours later in the day changing the connect time in LAX from 4hr25 to 1hr45 in the process. And they have been sorting it out but SAS were absolutely refusing to touch the United leg, despite them ticketing it, under any circumstances and stated to Amex (who offered the recording of this if I needed to go to arbitration/court) that "they just have to accept the connect time and try to make it, and we would sort it out from there if they didn't".

At any rate I got them to move the CPH-LAX leg to a day earlier opting to take advantage of the schedule change to not overnight in CPH but in LAX instead. it's not ideal as I now have an argument with Heathrow parking but it's less hassle than being stuck in LAX waiting for UA to be able to accommodate us to KOA.
If United doesn't make inventory available to SK to mend the damage caused by the SK schedule change then the customer is SOL and has to rebook the entire trip. Leaving the itinary remain as is with a MCT violation is not allowed by the GDS. The SK/UA I/D MCT in LAX is 2 hours:

Old Oct 1, 2022 | 5:59 pm
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX SEN, SK EBD
Something about SAS and reroutings on other *A airlines is apparently very difficult.

I'm impacted by the same schedule change on my way from LAX-CPH-ARB. I had a separate ticket booked for ARN-ZRH that evening with plenty of layover time, but the change by SAS has resulted in a 35 minute connection in ARN (5min below MCT). As this is the last flight to ZRH that evening and in case if missing it I'm on my own I tried to get an earlier connection from LAX. There are routings sold (on a similar fare) with UA via EWR and SK via OSL or CPH, however SAS can not/will not change to any non-SK flights. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of SAS as a non trans-Atlantic JV member. Agent told me to just wait for further changes and try to make the connections and if I miss it, even though its on a separate ticket, they would help me (doubt) and rebook me free of charge to the next flight (DOUBT). He also told me to just call back in less than two weeks before the flights and they might be able to rebook me to UA then...

I still have some time until december, will certainly be an interesting experience! I'm really not sure what to expect...
Old Oct 1, 2022 | 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Something about SAS and reroutings on other *A airlines is apparently very difficult.
Yes, it certainly seems to be the case, I can see myself potentially using them again so long as I stay on their metal the whole way (if the price is right - currently United are pretty competitive for my normal PE fare to SFO), but certainly not for any flights that involve connecting to another airline!
Old Oct 2, 2022 | 4:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN
Schedule changes don't require other airlines to accept rebookings from SAS. That only applies to short notice (<24h) irregs. Even if you find a SAS agent to rebook you, the receiving airline will kick out the booking. Your only hope is to be rebooked onto a SK codeshare operated by a partner.
Old Oct 2, 2022 | 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Nick Art
He also told me to just call back in less than two weeks before the flights and they might be able to rebook me to UA then...

I still have some time until december, will certainly be an interesting experience! I'm really not sure what to expect...
That's what I was told when my flight to HND in Feb 2023 was cancelled, a male agent whom I believe is from Sweden said an option would be to wait until 2 weeks before departure and hoping SK still have agreements with other airlines so that they can rebook me. I decided to cancel the tickets and got a refund.
Old Oct 2, 2022 | 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Jacksong
Yes, it certainly seems to be the case, I can see myself potentially using them again so long as I stay on their metal the whole way (if the price is right - currently United are pretty competitive for my normal PE fare to SFO), but certainly not for any flights that involve connecting to another airline!
Yeah and if there's no strike (there won't be pilot strike) or any kind of MX or something.

Would you be able to get AMEX to cancel the ticket and rebook to another airline? I guess the ticket prices must have gone up since, so it's not worth it to cancel and rebook?
Old Oct 2, 2022 | 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G, Amex Plat, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by nacho
Would you be able to get AMEX to cancel the ticket and rebook to another airline? I guess the ticket prices must have gone up since, so it's not worth it to cancel and rebook?
The ticket is fine - as I've already said I rebooked the outbound trip so that there is now an overnight at LAX instead of the overnight at CPH. I have no worries on that front at all, my query was never on how to go about handling this, not my first rodeo for schedule changes or the rules around them. My main query was just on the quality of customer service on SAS' part - reading between the lines I think I've gotten my answer there.

Jacqui
nacho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.