Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Amsterdam (AMS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:01 am

The information SK gave you is wrong. The access policy is as per Star Alliance rules:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Contract Lounges

At airports where neither a Star Alliance branded lounge nor a Star Alliance member carrier offers a lounge, third party lounges are contracted by some of our member airlines. As a Star Alliance Gold customer travelling on a Star Alliance member airlines operated flight from such airports, you may have access to these third party contract lounges. Please refer to the Lounge Finder to identify which lounges you may have access to, according to the policy of each airline*.

*Check the current policy of the airline with which you are travelling.

In order to gain access to such lounges:
  • You will need to show your boarding pass for a flight operated by the Star Alliance member airline that has contracted that lounge.
  • If your boarding pass does not show the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need to also show a valid Star Alliance Gold card.
  • You can bring one guest, who must be travelling on the same Star Alliance flight as you.
That said, I never had any issue as SK*G to get into a contract lounge if the operating airline did had an agreement with a contract lounge.
up_north likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by fassy
The information SK gave you is wrong. The access policy is as per Star Alliance rules:

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

That said, I never had any issue as SK*G to get into a contract lounge if the operating airline did had an agreement with a contract lounge.
which is yet another way SK encourages their elites to fly other airlines…
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by JR67
which is yet another way SK encourages their elites to fly other airlines…
True. I changed from SK to LH for my WRO trips at some point. Mostly because of the ridiculous SK pricing and not based on lounge access, which is sad in WRO anyway... but still... regularly paying north of $650 and not even get a free coffee at the airport kind of sucks. Well, WRO is off the SK menu anyway nowadays...
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: EBG
I am really determined to drag this issue with SK to some kind of a conclusive end. They have further "clarified" their position, claiming that the membership level in an FFP has no effect on admission to contract lounges, only the fare class does.
It seems that I have rather to write to the Aspire lounge to get their arguments in written, and also to the one of LH/OS/LX to hear if they mean that the contract lounges they have agreements with must admit all *A Gold customers, irrespective of the airline which owns the specific FFP.

"Om du flyger med ett bolag i Star alliance på en ekonomibiljett där det inte ingår loungetillgång så kommer du in på Star Alliance opererade lounger som en förmån för att du är guldmedlem i Eurobonus.

Däremot om du flyger med ett bolag som erbjuder loungetillgång på biljetten i den serviceklass som du har bokat, då har du tillgång till lounge på biljetten, orrelaterat till din medlemsnivå, och då kan det eventuellt vara en kontrakterad lounge.

Så tyvärr är svaret nej, du kommer inte in på Aspire lounge ifall du inte har tillgång till det på biljetten. "
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by up_north
I am really determined to drag this issue with SK to some kind of a conclusive end. They have further "clarified" their position, claiming that the membership level in an FFP has no effect on admission to contract lounges, only the fare class does.
It seems that I have rather to write to the Aspire lounge to get their arguments in written, and also to the one of LH/OS/LX to hear if they mean that the contract lounges they have agreements with must admit all *A Gold customers, irrespective of the airline which owns the specific FFP.

"Om du flyger med ett bolag i Star alliance på en ekonomibiljett där det inte ingår loungetillgång så kommer du in på Star Alliance opererade lounger som en förmån för att du är guldmedlem i Eurobonus.

Däremot om du flyger med ett bolag som erbjuder loungetillgång på biljetten i den serviceklass som du har bokat, då har du tillgång till lounge på biljetten, orrelaterat till din medlemsnivå, och då kan det eventuellt vara en kontrakterad lounge.

Så tyvärr är svaret nej, du kommer inte in på Aspire lounge ifall du inte har tillgång till det på biljetten. "
Please read my last post again. The important sentence is: "according to the policy of each airline*. *Check the current policy of the airline with which you are travelling." Which is in line which what I said... the OPERATING carriers rules determine if they provide lounge access to contract lounges. In reality, most (not all) *A airlines grant access for both J and *A Gold access to the contract lounges.

Even the LH lounge finder explicitly says that they offer *G access to their contract lounge in AMS. So, yeah... you have to complain to Aspire and LH.

Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
July 1, *A lounge still closed in AMS.

I was admitted with an LO boardin pass, EBD status in the reservation. Just in case I shown them an original LO BP, not the SK app (which I usually use for this purpose).

There is a sign on the lounge that because of high load they do not accept Diners and PP customers (and a few other programs). It seems that *A gives them good enough business.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:54 am

About to go through Amsterdam Schipol, is the SAS star allaince lounge open AND accepting SAS ticket holders
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nussle
About to go through Amsterdam Schipol, is the SAS star allaince lounge open AND accepting SAS ticket holders
The lounge has re-opened. When it comes to its operating hours as a Star Alliance departure lounge, I don't see why it would reject SAS ticket holders with a later same-day AMS-departing flight which happens to be marketed-and-operated by SAS or other Star Alliance carriers.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:24 am

Indeed, it's open and welcoming SAS pax. I have to say staff is very polite and i think a bit overloaded. Usually the person manning the reception has cleaning duties as well (when there is nobody to checkin).

If it's an alliance (or airline within the alliance) lounge, it's never a problem. The issue is with contract lounges (like the Aspire) that airlines do not wish to pay. My assumption is that when there is a contract lounge then there is always a bill sent to the company but within alliance perhaps there are other agreements (and money is never exchanged in the end).
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:40 am

Last time I went through AMS the lounge specifically had a sign on the door stating clearly that ALL star alliance was welcome EXCEPT SAS ticket holders so thats why I asked. Tomorrow T1 at AMS wants us about 90 minutes early for security so I was thinking of skipping breakfast in the hotel and having it in the lounge. Perhaps even getting some bubbly if I am extra lucky.

I dont want to see that sign everyone welcome except SAS (and dogs) when I am hungry and thirsty and holding a plus ticket with a gold card. It just reminds me how I am a second class citizen in star alliance because my star gold is with SAS.

Anyway, hopefully I will be writting from the lounge tomorrow with good news, if there is nothing here it means I got rejected.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 1:36 pm

It just reminds me how I am a second class citizen in star alliance because my star gold is with SAS.
Actually, itīs your SAS ticket that makes you a second class citizen in the denied lounge access cases typically. If you travel on Lufthansa or any other *A airlines with SAS Gold card you receive the associated benefits. SAS deciding to drop contract lounges back in 2017 is the reason for loss of access in many places.

Amsterdam should not be the case though as its a Star alliance lounge, it would be interesting if they rejected SAS ticket holders.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:39 am

I turned up at lounge 25 today, the star alliance lounge is closed but aspire next door is accepting the star alliance and this time they are also accepting SAS travellers.

So, whilst its not the greatest of lounges it is nice inside and its better than the lounge at either CPH or ARN so I will thank my lucky stars and be happy today.

THe fast track is working (good because the line in the other is huge) so I can put AMS back on my list of airports that I am happy to use.

Nussle.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by view
Actually, itīs your SAS ticket that makes you a second class citizen in the denied lounge access cases typically. If you travel on Lufthansa or any other *A airlines with SAS Gold card you receive the associated benefits. SAS deciding to drop contract lounges back in 2017 is the reason for loss of access in many places.

Amsterdam should not be the case though as its a Star alliance lounge, it would be interesting if they rejected SAS ticket holders.
They were rejecting SAS ticket holders last time I came through here.

I am of the firm belief that SAS would not be accepted as a member of star alliance should they try to join today. I just dont think they are up to standard.

Unfortunatly I also see that Lufthansa is dropping and my terrible suprise was to see Singapore has also slipped although from a very high level.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:03 am

Unfortunatly I also see that Lufthansa is dropping and my terrible suprise was to see Singapore has also slipped although from a very high level.
If any *A airline trades on past glory it's Singapore. They certainly used to be at the top but these days they have a pretty awful hard product including business seats with no leg rest on the A380 and not much better on the A350 and 77W. The soft product is not a patch on what it was and even more diminished. I now avoid them.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They were rejecting SAS ticket holders last time I came through here.

I am of the firm belief that SAS would not be accepted as a member of star alliance should they try to join today. I just dont think they are up to standard.

They took up and kept in Air India while even the Indian Government wanted it dumped. And they have EgyptAir. SAS is not such bad company, at least in someways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.