Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

When to arrive ARN for 6am flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I have a booking for the spring that is a 6am departure from ARN to CPH, connecting to LAX.
The 6am departure from ARN is on a Sunday morning and I'm in business class the whole way.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how early I need to arrive at the airport? I'll only have a carry-on and hope to be able to check-in online prior to the flight.
This sort of informs where I'll be staying the prior evening. It seems based on the current schedule that the earliest Arlanda Express train is 4:20am, arriving at 4:38am.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:21 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
By next spring travel will be as normal.

45 mins beforehand, 1hr if you want breakfast in the lounge
OskiBear likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:02 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Check your booking and the timings for your CPH-LAX flight. I have one in December (originally with the 7am flight) but SK has been moving back the LAX flight timings which now makes it possible to take the 9am flight from ARN. (If the change occurred after you booked you can request to be put on the later flight for free).
Jainzar likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Check your booking and the timings for your CPH-LAX flight. I have one in December (originally with the 7am flight) but SK has been moving back the LAX flight timings which now makes it possible to take the 9am flight from ARN. (If the change occurred after you booked you can request to be put on the later flight for free).
Thanks - right now it's still showing as a 9:30am departure out of CPH. I'll keep an eye on it and if they move it to a later departure (fingers crossed), I'll hopefully be able to not have to take the 6am from ARN!
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You can take the 9:15 or 9:55 flight and still have plenty of time to grab a meal and make your LAX connection in CPH. No need to fly at 6:05 and sit in CPH for hours messing up your day and jetlag in CA.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You can take the 9:15 or 9:55 flight and still have plenty of time to grab a meal and make your LAX connection in CPH. No need to fly at 6:05 and sit in CPH for hours messing up your day and jetlag in CA.
Expertflyer shows the CPH-LAX flight leaving at 9:30 from March 26th and onwards. Judging by the OP's latest post, that's still the timing of his flight.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Peter Snijder
Expertflyer shows the CPH-LAX flight leaving at 9:30 from March 26th and onwards. Judging by the OP's latest post, that's still the timing of his flight.
I think they might not have gotten around adapting the Summer 2023 schedule yet. Might take a few months.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Thanks for the reminder! It was not a major deal but I got first the usual „you have to pay for the change“ feedback. After a second look it was no issue.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THD
By next spring travel will be as normal.
May I borrow your crystal ball when you're done?

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.