Wiki Posts
Search

Buy or not buy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2022, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Buy or not buy

Is it too risky to buy a ticket on SAS fir flights in November? Chicago to Madeira? Thank you for any input.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by danielswiss
Is it too risky to buy a ticket on SAS fir flights in November? Chicago to Madeira? Thank you for any input.
Risky in what way?

As in strikes, the pilot strike is over and will not happen again for 5.5 years. The cabin crew are negotiating a new agreement, but that seems to be less on the war path.

​​​​​​As in being in chapter 11? It more means they are rather sure to be around for the duration of that process, which is beyond November.

As in schedule change and flight reductions? Any guess is as good as another. Though ORD seems to have been one of their stables, though Madeira in shoulder season could be more iffy.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the fare is right/good buy it. The rest you can deal with if occurs.
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have a SK flight to HND in February 2023 and we don't get our hopes up (right now I don't want to set foot in any SK flight due to the ordeal they put me through).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.