Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cpworld
From EU261? Planning to file this weekend. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that comes through.
Yep. I have filed mine the day after I got back. So far I got a confirmation of refund of part of my point ticket (only the tax part).
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, former AA Platinum
How does one file for EU261? Sorry, US consumer here!

Nvm, scrolled up and saw an answer to my question. Thanks all.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:04 pm

Just send a mail to the customer service address or via the we form and ask for compensation according to EC261 for your flight.

There is no special process for it.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by ksu
According to Norwegian news sources all four SAS pilot unions' members have approved the deal reached after the strike. This means no SAS pilots' strike possible for 5,5 years.

https://e24.no/boers-og-finans/i/pWo...2F%2Fwww.vg.no
However, there are also other categories of personnel in SAS, with cabin crew set to negotiate soon. But the pilots have been the most prone to go onstrike the last decade or so. At least if we're talking about "regular" strikes, those decided by the unions when previous agreements have expired with no new agreements in place, as opposed to the frequent wildcat strikes at CPH.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
A SAS flight without cabin crew almost sounds like a dream. Pilots are a little more essential.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
A SAS flight without cabin crew almost sounds like a dream. Pilots are a little more essential.
Why do they need cabin crews in Go? All they need is to put out a bag of prepacked bag with 2 meals and 1 beverage, and a vending machine at the galley. Get the crews in C and Y+ to come down to do the cross check before and after takeoff
FlyingMoose likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'm sure cross check can be automated or done by the pilots and service can be provided by robots like in certain Japanese/Asian restaurants. Program the robot carefully and you remove the subjective service component and SK can service a ton on staff related expenditures!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:11 am

Halo..

Planning to fly this airline next year for my euro trip holiday. So is it safe to book this airline or i should look for alternative?

any advise from SAS expert.

Tks
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djr81
Halo..

Planning to fly this airline next year for my euro trip holiday. So is it safe to book this airline or i should look for alternative?

any advise from SAS expert.

Tks
When next year? If it's in the 2nd half of 2023 I wouldn't do it myself.

If it's early 2023 and the price is much cheaper than other airlines, go for it, but make sure you have insurance to give you refund in case the airline goes bankrupt.

There are people including myself haven't received compensation from SAS (try to check other post in this forum), so in case you are unfortunately enough that they have to cancel your flight you might be SOL.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by nacho
When next year? If it's in the 2nd half of 2023 I wouldn't do it myself.

If it's early 2023 and the price is much cheaper than other airlines, go for it, but make sure you have insurance to give you refund in case the airline goes bankrupt.

There are people including myself haven't received compensation from SAS (try to check other post in this forum), so in case you are unfortunately enough that they have to cancel your flight you might be SOL.
Planning to book end jan and early feb..
3 Flights with SAS.
CDG-OSL
OSL-BDU
TOS-ZRH

my worry is that if flight is cancel or the company close down then all my plans will go down to the drain..
Old Aug 15, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Planning to book end jan and early feb..
3 Flights with SAS.
CDG-OSL
OSL-BDU
TOS-ZRH

my worry is that if flight is cancel or the company close down then all my plans will go down to the drain..
As I said, if it's cancelled SAS will have to rebook you to another flight, if there's no alternative then you need to arrange your own transport and get reimbursed from SAS. The problem is that their claim department is in India and are very slow in processing claims. Check their twitter page and you'll see how many people are still waiting for their compensation.

From what I saw on SAS's twitter there are people who have trouble getting their bag damages reimbursed because Bag Support is not working with SAS anymore.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Imagine how nice that would actually be, no surly unpleasantness or having a terrible meal thrown at you like a chicken in a pen. I actually would vote for this TBH and since its the safest for of transport on the planet I dont actually see a need for them at all except for regulatory requirement.

But, I would also hop on a pilotless plane, I cannot imagine it would be any more dangerous than what is already up there and no more pointless announcements telling me what the weather is like at the destination in the form of reading it from the METAR.

Give me automation please.
FlyingMoose likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by nacho
As I said, if it's cancelled SAS will have to rebook you to another flight, if there's no alternative then you need to arrange your own transport and get reimbursed from SAS. The problem is that their claim department is in India and are very slow in processing claims. Check their twitter page and you'll see how many people are still waiting for their compensation.

From what I saw on SAS's twitter there are people who have trouble getting their bag damages reimbursed because Bag Support is not working with SAS anymore.
I check all the social media that is link to SAS.. and i can see flights and bags compensation.

But if the union and sas had reached an agreement. Shouldn't it be everything will back to normal? If everything back to normal shouldn't the flight cancellation will be greatly reduce? My worry is the airline suddenly declare bankrupt and stop all flight services..
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I check all the social media that is link to SAS.. and i can see flights and bags compensation.

But if the union and sas had reached an agreement. Shouldn't it be everything will back to normal? If everything back to normal shouldn't the flight cancellation will be greatly reduce? My worry is the airline suddenly declare bankrupt and stop all flight services..
SK has secured funding through the chapter 11 process which will probably last an additional 9 to 12 months from now. Will SK survive beyond that? I would say more likely than not. Is SAS guaranteed to survive? No, they could fold. Would I currently hesitate to book SK tickets? Not really.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They outsourced their claims department to India and I started a thread here in this forum. Another member said that the last time he heard from the claims department was in February.

Yes flights are back to normal but there's a huge backlog in paying people for delayed, damaged bags and EU261.

The questions you need to ask yourself before committing to any SAS ticket is:

1. How likely that the flights will be cancelled?
2. If they are actually cancelled? What are the chances of getting SK to rebook you? If they don't, you will have to wait for them to refund you the tickets and then try to find alternative transportation last minute.
3. If the flight is delayed/cancelled, are you ok that you might have to wait forever to get your EU261 compensation?
4. Do you have travel insurance to cover the baggage damage and delays in case SK doesn't compensate you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.