Wiki Posts
Search

AirBaltic, NCE to ARN direct

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
AirBaltic, NCE to ARN direct

I noticed that SAS will be using AirBaltic A220s for codeshare direct flights (SK1828) from NCE to ARN on Sundays, but those same flights are not bookable via AirBaltic. Is this unusual? I'm wondering a bit about point earning, but more about taking what clearly seems like a Star Alliance flight using clearly non-Star Alliance metal.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Daner
I noticed that SAS will be using AirBaltic A220s for codeshare direct flights (SK1828) from NCE to ARN on Sundays, but those same flights are not bookable via AirBaltic. Is this unusual? I'm wondering a bit about point earning, but more about taking what clearly seems like a Star Alliance flight using clearly non-Star Alliance metal.
It is not a codeshare, Air Baltic is just becoming a sub contractor for SK. See it as United Express operations.
SKT-DK, Peter1012, Daner and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is not a codeshare, Air Baltic is just becoming a sub contractor for SK. See it as United Express operations.
Thanks for the clarification!

Do you know of additional routes that AirBaltic will be taking for SK?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

I flew Them recently on CPH-TLL route. Better service then on SK mainline same crappy food in plus but service was faster and more polite then I have been used to on sas, or perhaps just a bit warmer

Overall I was satisfied with the service, even if at first I was worried
Daner likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM

Just flew them CDG-CPH, but cannot say if this is normal service now. Took me awhile to figure out what plane had a 2-3 configuration (A220) and where the exit row was as the SAS app showed the last 4 rows as exit rows (hint: it was row 14). By the way, they only served water, tea and coffee...although the EBD behind me was able to sneak a beer and sparkling wine from them after getting the purser involved.

Edit: I was in Y
h
Daner likes this.

Last edited by livious; Mar 20, 2022 at 1:11 am
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
As noted in another thread, they’ve started to appear on domestic Swedish routes from the autumn. Obviously this could change, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they start filling in on domestic routes in between international sectors.

​​​​​​​
the810 and Daner like this.

Last edited by jamesbrownontheroad; Mar 20, 2022 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:52 pm

I found these flights that have been serviced with a A220-300 in the last week: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/yl-csd . Possibly just as a short-term wet-lease, though.
Daner likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Nothing wrong with the A220s though. I've always enjoyed the XFLY operations out of Estonia as well because the staff is just 10.000x better and nicer than the geriatric customer haters from SK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.