Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Can't Visit Norway as an American - rerouting options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't Visit Norway as an American - rerouting options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Smile Can't Visit Norway as an American - rerouting options

So my family has planned a multi-leg trip for Thanksgiving
SFO - DUB via CPH
DUB - OSL
OSL - SFO via CPH

Due to Covid, we cannot go to Oslo. SAS is willing to rebook my flight to avoid Norway, but the SFO-DUB leg is sold out. I explained that cancelling my tickets should free up the 4 seats we need. They also want me to pay for the fare difference which for Thanksgiving will run over 1000 Euro per ticket

The agent suggested that I just book a separate flight from DUB to CPH as missing the Oslo flights will not void my return from CPH. He said I would not get any refund, but it would not void my remaining flights.

Is this true? How do I get this in writing?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The moment you no-show on DUB-OSL, the remaining ticket will auto cancel. They have to remove DUB-OSL-CPH from the reservation and mark the segments flown in the ticket, otherwise the sequence check will fail too when you check in from CPH for SFO.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 4:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
From when Norway suddenly changed the rules for my getting into the country in March of 2020, SAS allowed me free date changes on the bookings and a dropping of segments before reissuing the tickets; and they did so without any mention of repricing for add-collect or refund, at least at the start.

If the OP can find an SAS agent who is willing to drop the DUB-OSL segment without doing a repricing, the same agent may also be willing to drop the OSL-CPH segment as well and try to push it without a repricing. I've had SAS agents do things like this during this pandemic and then flown without issue on some such tickets.

Short of the agent re-ticketing the trip and the traveler getting a printout and/or email about the changed itinerary, I wouldn't count on the agent's verbal claims about no-showing on part of the originally booked ticket (and the implication of no consequences for doing such). No-showing on a segment of an SAS ticket is not advisable, even if it's an SAS agent on the phone advising that.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 20, 2021 at 4:47 am
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I will try and call again to make the change. Ticket was bought through Expedia so fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.