Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

No More Masks intra-Scandinavia. Woohoo!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Masks intra-Scandinavia. Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
People are just done with masks, the extension of the US mandate is a joke. Only wearing masks in planes makes no difference. It makes even less of a difference on the TA routes where everyone is vaccinated and tested. Even the most otherwise rule following without question folks are just fed up with it. Seeing how everyday life in Scandinavia without masks works just fine, including flying in Europe. The US is showing strange behavior and I'm genuinely surprised by how Americans are letting their freedom get impaired by these dated and ineffective measures.
gnaget and sueco6 like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:42 pm

I have to say SAS is pretty done with masks, even in Newark SAS Lounge last night nobody wore them and nobody cared. People took them on when leaving the lounge. On the SAS flight from Newark it was mentioned on the PA but I took mine off with first drink and left it off except when moving from my seat and no comments. Slept without a mask, no issues. As I was waiting to exit the aircraft I was talking to one of the crew and she took her mask off and told me "we can all take these off now", just before she opened door at 2L.
the810, nacho and sueco6 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I now wonder when SAS will post an update for its TATL flights.

TSA will not enforce Covid mask mandate on planes, public transit after court ruling, White House says
https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/04/18/...te-house-says/
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I now wonder when SAS will post an update for its TATL flights.

TSA will not enforce Covid mask mandate on planes, public transit after court ruling, White House says
https://www.wmbfnews.com/2022/04/18/...te-house-says/
When will they get rid of the silly PCR test requirement is next on the list. Thats also becoming a rarity these days.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I saw this on the SAS website: As of Monday, April 4, the requirement for mandatory face masks will be removed from all SAS flights, except for flights to and from China and Italy.

https://www.sas.no/traffic-information/message/

Does that mean that SAS was not enforcing face masks to/from the US since the 4th?
nacho likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 26, 2022 at 8:45 am Reason: Remove off-topic OMNI/PR content
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
I saw this on the SAS website: As of Monday, April 4, the requirement for mandatory face masks will be removed from all SAS flights, except for flights to and from China and Italy.

Does that mean that SAS was not enforcing face masks to/from the US since the 4th?
No, the US requirement was only removed today, they just didn't change the text.
A correct/better text would be: "From Monday, April 4, and ongoing as countries are easing their requirements, the requirement for mandatory face masks will be removed from all SAS flights. As of [DATE], flights to and from XXX and YYY still have mandatory face mask requirements."
gnaget likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 26, 2022 at 8:46 am Reason: Align quote with mod edit for rule breach
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:47 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did just Google, both in German and English, nothing major came up about sick Lufhtansa crews.
What about Lufthansa crews?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by mikkelhk
No, the US requirement was only removed today, they just didn't change the text.
A correct/better text would be: "From Monday, April 4, and ongoing as countries are easing their requirements, the requirement for mandatory face masks will be removed from all SAS flights. As of [DATE], flights to and from XXX and YYY still have mandatory face mask requirements."
Why do they require masks FROM Italy. Once the door closes then SAS should be able to enforce its own policy? If you split hairs then once the plane leaves Italian airspace.

I can imagine that SAS is scared [redacted by moderator per rules] of the Chinese so they probably don't want to touch that one.

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 22, 2022 at 2:40 pm
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Why do they require masks FROM Italy. Once the door closes then SAS should be able to enforce its own policy? If you split hairs then once the plane leaves Italian airspace.

I can imagine that SAS is scared sh*tless of the Chinese so they probably don't want to touch that one.
Norwegian and Flyr don’t require masks on flights to Italy, so it’s obvious that there is some different interpretation of the Italian rules.
gnaget likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Yes, SAS was enforcing face masks on SAS flights to/from the US last week. But it wasn't enforced as diligently as could have and should have been the case in order to comply in full with the regulations then applicable for those SAS TATL flights. It was more like "oh, we still have to do this" -- sort of like how it has gone with passenger bathroom use when SAS's seatbelt signs are on -- but not even that strongly.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, SAS was enforcing face masks on SAS flights to/from the US last week. But it wasn't enforced as diligently as could have and should have been the case in order to comply in full with the regulations then applicable for those SAS TATL flights. It was more like "oh, we still have to do this" -- sort of like how it has gone with passenger bathroom use when SAS's seatbelt signs are on -- but not even that strongly.
flew TATL on Thursday. The silly mask mandate is finished. I saw nobody wearing the hated item, absolutely nobody.

the captain reminded us that airchanges are frequent on the aircraft and then let everyone get in with living.
gnaget, the810 and sueco6 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nussle
flew TATL on Thursday. The silly mask mandate is finished. I saw nobody wearing the hated item, absolutely nobody.

the captain reminded us that airchanges are frequent on the aircraft and then let everyone get in with living.
I was talking about last week, in response to enforcement after April 4th.

I too have been flying TATL this week, and it was not like last week.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold

What flight were you on? If you were on the same flight as me, you would have saw at least one mask wearer. And I was probably about one of 20 or so. 😊
Old Apr 25, 2022, 4:49 pm

I saw none around me...
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I saw none around me...
Which is of course the precise definition of "absolutely nobody"

Sorry, just too tempting to poke a bit.
dark_phoenix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.