Wiki Posts
Search

How to get 3000 status miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
How to get 3000 status miles?

Hi, I'm looking for pointers on how I should obtain 3000 miles by the end of the month (my membership year).

We're planning to leave for a vacation in Southern Europe in the last week of July, with return in August. We have an infant and a 2 year old, so creative routing isn't exactly going to be popular.
I expect I can get 1500 points here by opting for a Plus ticket.

Are there any good domestic mileage run routes from Oslo to get the remaining 1500, or all 3000?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:19 pm

You can just buy the points on the SK EuroBonus website
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Isn't a qualifying period ending July 31st included in the extension of status? Unless the 3000 is for an upgrade from EBG to EBD.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Isn't a qualifying period ending July 31st included in the extension of status? Unless the 3000 is for an upgrade from EBG to EBD.
OP might not have status already. Otherwise a good call!
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by JR67
OP might not have status already. Otherwise a good call!
Correct. I don't have the status, and am new to using EB as my main program.
Also... I can just buy the points...? How silly. I will do that unless there's somewhere I will actually travel.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by sjefenole
I can just buy the points...? How silly. I will do that unless there's somewhere I will actually travel.
yes, you can buy 5.000 for Silver, 15.000 for Gold and 30.000 for Diamond.

it is not cheap, but often better than doing a mileage run. Just make sure to buy “Basic points”, not “Extra Points”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.