Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bizzare mask requests on Sas.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
and that also includes those who were just too cheap to pay for a real test result .
Well, considering the false-negative rate of the PCR test from close to 100% on day 1 to 67% on day 4… and hitting best results at 20% on day 8… still misses 1 out of 5…. Not sure I think I should pay for these tests
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, considering the false-negative rate of the PCR test from close to 100% on day 1 to 67% on day 4… and hitting best results at 20% on day 8… still misses 1 out of 5…. Not sure I think I should pay for these tests
Fortunately for you too, SAS doesn’t require test results to fly between Sweden and Denmark or between Sweden and former Danish territory in Sweden.

SK still has the “no cloth masks” thing in play, but I’ve not seen anyone denied transport by SAS because of it. Usually someone has a spare “medical” type mask of some sort, so it’s really not all that big a deal.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Fortunately for you too, SAS doesn’t require test results to fly between Sweden and Denmark or between Sweden and former Danish territory in Sweden.

SK still has the “no cloth masks” thing in play, but I’ve not seen anyone denied transport by SAS because of it. Usually someone has a spare “medical” type mask of some sort, so it’s really not all that big a deal.
I have a pocket and backpack full of them. Some dating back to the beginning of the pandemic.

when the sas crew start screaming and demanding a mask I just find one at random from that collection
Old Jul 9, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond
So far as I know this is policy...but the good news is at least in-flight 'dining' has returned. Think SAS was one of the last airlines to do this although flights less than 55 mins have no dining :-(
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Are masks mandatory on all airlines?
If someone knows an airline which doesn’t force the use of masks, please let me know and I’ll choose it right away.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sueco6
Are masks mandatory on all airlines?
If someone knows an airline which doesn’t force the use of masks, please let me know and I’ll choose it right away.
As far as I can tell it’s mandatory on all but you can find low enforcement airlines. So, SAS is a high enforcement airline but Tk is good, KLM and Aeroflot so far are also good.

LH can be a bit of both but for maximum enforcement SAS is the highest catagory.

anybody else know some low enforcement airlines that are worth supporting?
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ryanair
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by nussle
anybody else know some low enforcement airlines that are worth supporting?
Just because they don't enforce their rules after asking your a couple of times to wear a mask, you don't have to be unfair ( want to use another word that wouldn't be so nice) to others on that plane.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 31570324
Just because they don't enforce their rules after asking your a couple of times to wear a mask, you don't have to be unfair ( want to use another word that wouldn't be so nice) to others on that plane.
it’s not being unfair, if you want to fly high enforcement and love and believe in the mask go for it, SAS is perfect for you. If you want to, and are happy to risk, then we choose a different. It’s got nothing to do with being unfair.

fairness does not come into it at all.
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:25 am

it’s not being unfair, if you want to fly high enforcement and love and believe in the mask go for it, SAS is perfect for you. If you want to, and are happy to risk, then we choose a different. It’s got nothing to do with being unfair.
You are missing the point that not everyone can afford to choose another flight. So while you choose a airline, which require to wear a mask but not enforce this rule to much, others just can't choose another airline and have to sit in the same plane with ignorant people like you.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:29 am
Suspended

fairness does not come into it at all.
When there is a rule which is not uniformly being applied but still being applied at times to select others on board, it has everything to do with being unfair.

When there is a rule that is applicable for the benefit of others but it's not being enforced at times by the party which is to enforce its own rules, then that too can be considered unfair.

It's unsurprising to me that the level of enforcement of mask use on board SAS flights would plummet as and when those very same SAS crew members are no longer using masks on the ground when going around parts of the airports and/or on public transit in their own neck of the woods. But airline's rules that exist should be applied consistently or they should be discarded with customers given advance notice and being able to use a rule change as grounds for a free re-routing or refund from the airline.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 14, 2021 at 9:54 am
Old Jul 14, 2021, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 31570324
You are missing the point that not everyone can afford to choose another flight. So while you choose a airline, which require to wear a mask but not enforce this rule to much, others just can't choose another airline and have to sit in the same plane with ignorant people like you.
Sas is one of the more expensive ends of the market so pretty much anybody who can afford Sas can afford anything else.

it’s not a case of ignorance, most of the flight is spent with the mask off anyway when the food is delivered on my last flight with SAS all the cabin crew removed their masks on deplaning and walked through the crowded terminal without.

your arguments that it actually achieves anything start to look threadbare and describing people that can put together a far more intelligent and coherent argument than yourself.... hmmm

sitting in arlanda now, an SAS crew just walked by without masks in the gate area and most people milling around this area are without masks.
sueco6 and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:00 am
Suspended

Sas is one of the more expensive ends of the market so pretty much anybody who can afford Sas can afford anything else.

it’s not a case of ignorance, most of the flight is spent with the mask off anyway when the food is delivered on my last flight with SAS all the cabin crew removed their masks on deplaning and walked through the crowded terminal without.

your arguments that it actually achieves anything start to look threadbare and describing people that can put together a far more intelligent and coherent argument than yourself.... hmmm

sitting in arlanda now, an SAS crew just walked by without masks in the gate area and most people milling around this area are without masks.
When people are on the plane, it's not generally cheaper to get off the plane and take something else -- especially when the passengers on the plane who should be removed/self-removing are those passengers who refuse to follow the rules as set by the airline and/or government and distributed by the airline to be enforced by the airline.

And SAS's employees should be following and enforcing the SAS-applicable rules in this regard too, unless and until SAS changes policy and notifies all customers that no passengers are required to use masks on SAS flights.
JR67 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I'm a bit surprised at the tone and negativity in this thread. We are in a pandemic where a deadly virus is spread from people's mouths and noses - if I'm going to spend several hours in a confined metal tube in close proximity to hundreds of other people, I sure as hell want them to use a mask to cover their mouths and noses as much as possible. And I'm happy that the airline makes them do so.
Dover2Golf and JR67 like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nander
I'm a bit surprised at the tone and negativity in this thread. We are in a pandemic where a deadly virus is spread from people's mouths and noses - if I'm going to spend several hours in a confined metal tube in close proximity to hundreds of other people, I sure as hell want them to use a mask to cover their mouths and noses as much as possible. And I'm happy that the airline makes them do so.
well, they are not being made to cover it during meals, or in the airports, or in the trains going to the airports or the busses.

Nobody is wearing it at the gate, or in restaurants or in shopping centres...

it’s not required in swimming pools or gyms.

only in planes and only during take off and landing.

ok, makes perfect sense to me.
sueco6 and LoungeLizardHugo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.